Idk if my case is at NVC yet🤔

Edited by Elays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elays said:

Guys do you think I have any chances of getting a Case Number soon?🤔

I will inquiry next Monday, my NOA2 is 29 August

We waited 30 days to send our first inquiry (I wish we had started sooner). The first reply said the case was at NVC, but awaiting input. Sent 2nd one week later, got our case number. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

1 hour ago, SP1988 said:

So i just got my case number but i didnt get invoice id number. Anyone know how and when i get it?

Send your NVC case number through NVC inquiry site along with your and beneficiary’s name DOB etc. and request invoice ID. I don’t know where we use this invoice ID. However this is how I got it. Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, SP1988 said:

So i just got my case number but i didnt get invoice id number. Anyone know how and when i get it?

We dont need the "Invoice number" bcs we are K1 visa applicants

We only need the "Case number" to check our status at CEAC and for embassy stage

You dont need to create any account on CEAC (it would ask for an invoice number) to check your status or do the DS-160

Edited by Elays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

@Geraldin have you gotten your case number?🤔

I will make my first inquiry tomorrow, I hope they reply me back soon and tell me that they have my case...Im afraid and nervous about my case being lost or something similar🥲

It would be awesome if they give me my case number too....but it may be too soon for that😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elays said:

@Geraldin have you gotten your case number?🤔

I will make my first inquiry tomorrow, I hope they reply me back soon and tell me that they have my case...Im afraid and nervous about my case being lost or something similar🥲

It would be awesome if they give me my case number too....but it may be too soon for that😅

You worry too much. It’s gonna be fine. :)

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/23/2023 at 2:05 AM, Elays said:

We dont need the "Invoice number" bcs we are K1 visa applicants

We only need the "Case number" to check our status at CEAC and for embassy stage

You dont need to create any account on CEAC (it would ask for an invoice number) to check your status or do the DS-160

im sorry im really comfused then so i have a case number only case number. I believe on CEAC it shows AT NVC. So what do i do in the mean time? How do i pay pay fees and where do i send complete affidavit or ds260 i believe. Just want to do what i am supposed to do right now

On 9/22/2023 at 1:24 PM, Elays said:

Guys do you think I have any chances of getting a Case Number soon?🤔

I will inquiry next Monday, my NOA2 is 29 August

my case is at NVC but we have no case number yer. our NOA2 date is Aug 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey Everyone, 

I followed this thread since my Approval Date was August 9th. However, I originally received an RFE on May 19th. It took me a while, mostly waiting for the necessary paperwork to be sent to me, to fulfill the RFE. Just wanted to update my timeline:

NOA1: April 1st, 2022

RFE: May 19th, 2023

NOA2: Aug 9th, 2023

NVC Received date: N/A???

NVC Case Date: September 15th

NVC In-Transit Date: September 15th!!!

Consular Ready Date: September 22nd. 

Consular Interview Date: October 20th.

I inquired about my case date on September 9th, and they wrote back after a couple days and stated that it was "recently received." After a couple days more, I decided to write back asking what date was it received so I can follow their posted "timeframes." They wrote back the next day saying the consular would let me know when our file would be received. The following day I get the FTP email saying our case was on the way to the consular, with our case number! I couldn't believe it as I thought we were still a couple months away from the NVC "entering data and creating our case." I checked the visa status with the case number they gave me and it was in fact "In Transit." 

Still not sure when the case was actually received, and not sure how it was moved along the process so fast. In total I was able to schedule an interview 47 days after the NOA2 approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/18/2023 at 2:54 PM, Wenn_e16 said:

Posting my updated timeline 

NOA 1 august 15 2022

noa 2 august 7 2023

case received sept 7th 

case number September 15 

In transit to nvc September 15

NVC ready September 18

Ive submitted visa fee payment and DS-160 

waiting on approval and access to appointments !!!!

How were you able to pay visa fee where would i do that if i wanted to start knocking somethings out before it ships to embassy? Anything else i should do in the mean time

@SP1988

Have you filled out the Ds160?

What I did while waiting for my case to be ready which was a span of about 3-4 days I filled that out and saved it. I didn’t submit it until my case was ready. 

after It said Ready I submitted the application and saved the confirmation page (very important!!! You’ll need to bring that to your interview.) 

I then created an account through here 

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com

once you complete your profile and submit your confirmation number to the ds160 you can pay your visa fee through there. 

if your embassy doesn’t require anything else after that and have availability you can schedule your Interview. 

my embassy has a few different steps after the payment 

I have to wait for them to approve and give me access to their calendar and afterwards wait for available appts 

I have to schedule 2 appointments 1 for biometrics and the other is the actual interview. Oh and ofcourse medical. 

hope this helps! 
just be patient you case should be ships between tomorrow and Wednesday! 
they’re shipping out cases this week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.