JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Geraldin said:

this must be done for spousal visas. you only need to check the status.

Elena, NVC received my case. noa2 August 28 (26 on paper form). I sent a request on Sunday and received a response today.

OMG thats awesome news🥰! Mine was 29 august on the paper form...maybe my case is not at NVC yet

I was thinking about sending an inquiry by the end of this month (around day 25-27)...should I do it before?🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MD2023 said:

Hello

When you send an inquiry to NVC what information you furnish our name and case number and inquire about if the case has been transferred to NVC and progress if I am right? Please advise

Another  question, before the case gets transferred to overseas embassy can we go ahead and submit I134 etc?

Thanks

Yes. Fill the Ask NVC fields as applicable: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
You don't submit the I-134, it's taken with the beneficiary to the interview.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

8 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Yes. Fill the Ask NVC fields as applicable: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
You don't submit the I-134, it's taken with the beneficiary to the interview.

thank you, this means we can fill this I134 and print sign and send to fiancee overseas in advance? or we need to wait for the case to transfer to embassy wondering? thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, MD2023 said:

thank you, this means we can fill this I134 and print sign and send to fiancee overseas in advance? or we need to wait for the case to transfer to embassy wondering? thanks

Most embassies should accept a clear/legible scanned and printed version. You'll need to fill it, sign it, scan it and have fiancé print it and take with them to the interview. Check with yours if they accept scanned ones (most should but we never know). Always check if USCIS didn't upload a new version of the form. You'll see that the current expired in July but as long as the edition date is the current one (January I think), you can use it with no issues.
I waited until near my interview date to fill/print I-134 because of this.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

On 9/11/2023 at 7:19 AM, Mello3 said:

How do you know they received your case already? My NOA@ was approved on 8/22 and I am dying to know but cant find where to look and see that NVC received it.

ok finally got a response from NVC that they have my file and I have to wait for a case number.

I am a little confused......

Are we supposed to fill out the

I-134 (affidavit of support) 

or

the I-864 (affidavit of supoort)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

I am a little confused......

Are we supposed to fill out the

I-134 (affidavit of support) 

or

the I-864 (affidavit of supoort)

You do the 134 for the visa. You will do the 864 when you do the Adjustment of Status to get the green card after your marriage. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
15 hours ago, Elays said:

should I do it before?

you shouldn't, but you can. I did this because I wanted to be calm, that they received my file and then everything depended only on my consulate. I'm guessing it will take a long time for the case number

37 minutes ago, MD2023 said:

Question about DS-160. I believe we should fill application each one for fiancee and child. What options to choose type of visa for the child as there seem no option for child only for fiancee there is option. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please ignore this. There was options to choose. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.