JudyWilde

My I-751 has been pending for 31 months

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

The U.S.C.I.S. received my I-751 on December 16, 2020. In November 2021, my case was transferred to Lee’s Summit, MO to “speed things up.”

It is July 23, 2023. I’m still waiting for an interview to be scheduled. 

LOL. I feel I am never going to get an interview date and my status will be in limbo forever. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Choices:

1. continue to be passive

2. file N-400

3. file writ of mandamus. See the posts by @igoyougoduke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, judythebunny said:

Hi all,

The U.S.C.I.S. received my I-751 on December 16, 2020. In November 2021, my case was transferred to Lee’s Summit, MO to “speed things up.”

LOL. I feel I am never going to get an interview date and my status will be in limbo forever. 

I would file an N-400.  That moved wife's I-751.  Four months after filing, the I-751 and N-400 were both approved.   Just my courteous opinion. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 hours ago, judythebunny said:

Hi all,

why havent you filed n-400? 

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, OldUser said:

I'd think China dual citizenship problem?

Still could file, get I-751 moved up, finish I-751 then withdraw the n-400.  Sucks it would cost some money but could get resolution.  That said, I suspect the I-751 would come by itself at this late date before the n-400 would come.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Stein said:

Still could file, get I-751 moved up, finish I-751 then withdraw the n-400.  Sucks it would cost some money but could get resolution.  That said, I suspect the I-751 would come by itself at this late date before the n-400 would come.

Often filing N-400 doesn't really do anything for I-751 till the actual N-400 interview. Not sure if you can withdraw it at that point. In my case, I filed N-400 6 months ago and my I-751 was transferred to NBC a month later and that's it. I don't see it being approved till I'm talking to an officer regarding my N-400. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Got it, are you sure?

What's your resident since date? 

Are you filing under 3 or 5 year rule?

Did you have long trip outside of the US?

I’d file N400 under the 5-year rule and I’ll become eligible in September this year.

Resident since 12/19/18. 

International trip: I had to go back to China from Jan 2019 to June 2019 to get medical treatment (not having U.S. medical insurance at the moment and could not afford our-of-pocket treatment in the U.S.) for my injuries sustained due to my ex-spouse abuse. I nearly died. I don’t wish to get into any detail and I hope my wish can be respected. 

I have been residing in the U.S. since June 2019. Never left. 

3 minutes ago, judythebunny said:

I’d file N400 under the 5-year rule and I’ll become eligible in September this year.

Resident since 12/19/18. 

International trip: I had to go back to China from Jan 2019 to June 2019 to get medical treatment (not having U.S. medical insurance at the moment and could not afford our-of-pocket treatment in the U.S.) for my injuries sustained due to my ex-spouse abuse. I nearly died. I don’t wish to get into any detail and I hope my wish can be respected. 

I have been residing in the U.S. since June 2019. Never left. 

I'd advise counting 4 years and 9 months since June 2019, to be on a safe side. That would be sometime in March 2024 for N-400 submission.

Maybe @Mike E can comment?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I'd advise counting 4 years and 9 months since June 2019, to be on a safe side. That would be sometime in March 2024 for N-400 submission.

Thank you for your advice. I actually feel much better by reading these replies from different VJ members. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Ok

39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

International trip: I had to go back to China from Jan 2019 to June 2019

Jan 1 2019 to Jun 30 2019 is 181 days including Jan 1 and Jun 30.

The day of departure from U.S. and day of return to U.S. count as days in the U.S.  

181 - 2 = 179.

I am not seeing the problem. File N-400 in 2023. September 20, 2023

Edited by Mike E

27 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I am not seeing the problem. File N-400 in 2023. September 20, 2023

@judythebunny became LPR in December 2018 and left for a lengthy trip less few weeks after in January 2019. Are 2-3 weeks of residence sufficient to start counting eligibility from December 2018? I know, technically he's LPR based on Resident Since. But the absense is also on the borderline of 6 months. What if the OP left the US on January 3rd and came back on June 20th? That would be 169-2 = 167? Of course, can calculate more precisely if exact dates are provided.

I think it'd make a much cleaner case to start counting residence since return in June 2019.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.