TriloByte

USPS Returns USCIS Letters

21 posts in this topic

Have any of you been through the perplexing situation of USPS repeatedly sending back USCIS letters? Despite submitting the AR11 form multiple times for both the I751 and I90 forms, we've encountered this problem about five times. The puzzling part is that some USCIS letters have made it through, indicating an inconsistent issue. We're genuinely stumped as to why this might be happening.

This recurring issue led to the unfortunate destruction of my wife's new green card, which had its conditions removed. As a response, we filed the I90 form, only to face the same mailing issues. Now, when we check the USCIS portal under my wife's account, we see a warning message. It states that a notice regarding the I751 form was dispatched on May 24th and subsequently returned back to USCIS by USPS! 

Could there be a way to check if USPS mistakenly linked her name to the wrong account? Any advice on how to navigate this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Could there be a way to check if USPS mistakenly linked her name to the wrong account?

This sounds like a USCIS issue....not a USPS issue.  USPS simply delivers the mail to the address indicated on the envelope.   I would submit another AR-11 for the immigrant and mail another I-865 for the petitioner.   I would also call USCIS and speak to a tier 2 officer.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

This sounds like a USCIS issue....not a USPS issue.  USPS simply delivers the mail to the address indicated on the envelope.   I would submit another AR-11 for the immigrant and mail another I-865 for the petitioner.   I would also call USCIS and speak to a tier 2 officer.

Could you kindly provide us with the contact number for USCIS Tier 2 support? We've been trying to connect without success, and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Moreover, we have submitted the AR-11 form thrice so far, with the latest submission being made yesterday in relation to the I-751 form

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Could you kindly provide us with the contact number for USCIS Tier 2 support? We've been trying to connect without success, and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Moreover, we have submitted the AR-11 form thrice so far, with the latest submission being made yesterday in relation to the I-751 form

1-800-375-5283

At the prompts say "Infopass".  That should connect you to a human from whom you can request a call from a Tier 2 officer.  Good luck.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Thanks. We're currently hoping that these issues shouldn't lead to major disruptions at this stage, even if they're not readily resolvable. The conditions have been removed, but we've not received the card.

However, the login message seems somewhat alarming:

"On May 24, 2023, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number <receipt number>, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

We did the "www.uscis.gov/e-request" last night too.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Do I-865 for USC and see what happens - should get the mailed confirmation. AR-11 is online only confirmation. 

Check with your postmaster that everything is correct with your address - there's that new preview of the mail coming to you from usps you can register for - informed delivery or something like that? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

3 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Have any of you been through the perplexing situation of USPS repeatedly sending back USCIS letters? Despite submitting the AR11 form multiple times for both the I751 and I90 forms, we've encountered this problem about five times. The puzzling part is that some USCIS letters have made it through, indicating an inconsistent issue. We're genuinely stumped as to why this might be happening.

This recurring issue led to the unfortunate destruction of my wife's new green card, which had its conditions removed. As a response, we filed the I90 form, only to face the same mailing issues. Now, when we check the USCIS portal under my wife's account, we see a warning message. It states that a notice regarding the I751 form was dispatched on May 24th and subsequently returned back to USCIS by USPS! 

Could there be a way to check if USPS mistakenly linked her name to the wrong account? Any advice on how to navigate this situation would be greatly appreciated.

why not visit the local USPS office and see whats going on ?

duh

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Did u do a change of address with USPS  and on DL to show the post office u have legally changed the address per dL or state ID requirements

Yes

1 hour ago, igoyougoduke said:

why not visit the local USPS office and see whats going on ?

I didn't know this was an option. Never have faced a situation like this.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

3 hours ago, milimelo said:

Do I-865 for USC and see what happens - should get the mailed confirmation. AR-11 is online only confirmation. 

Check with your postmaster that everything is correct with your address - there's that new preview of the mail coming to you from usps you can register for - informed delivery or something like that? 

What's the process for checking with the postmaster? 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Go to your local post office and ask.  Alternatively, there's a form to fill on the USPS website, but this is a go in person situation.

Is your name on your mailbox? What did USPS recommend to fix the situation after the first time?

Some tips for the future:

Make sure your mailbox is well labeled, say hi to your USPS delivery guy/gal.  Also, try these tips, add your name to your box.  Hope it will be found soon!

https://about.usps.com/notices/not11.pdf

AR11 is notoriously unreliable and there is nothing you can do about it sadly. I moved 3 times, updated my address always, yet had USCIS send mail to an address I hadn’t lived at for 3 years…

Seen many have the same issue. Just keep USPS mail forwarding going as long as you can to your current address and hope for the best. 

17 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

AR11 is notoriously unreliable and there is nothing you can do about it sadly. I moved 3 times, updated my address always, yet had USCIS send mail to an address I hadn’t lived at for 3 years…

Seen many have the same issue. Just keep USPS mail forwarding going as long as you can to your current address and hope for the best. 

We've been living here for 3 years. She gets all other mail, including many USCIS letters. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Go to your local post office and ask.  Alternatively, there's a form to fill on the USPS website, but this is a go in person situation.

Is your name on your mailbox? What did USPS recommend to fix the situation after the first time?

Some tips for the future:

Make sure your mailbox is well labeled, say hi to your USPS delivery guy/gal.  Also, try these tips, add your name to your box.  Hope it will be found soon!

https://about.usps.com/notices/not11.pdf

Thanks. Will go to the post office and ask. Yeah, the name is on the mailbox.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.