11 posts in this topic

Hello guys, 

I've performed the F4 Visa for my sister family since 2019. The processing time is more than 10 years and that’s the reason I’m worried about My Niece . She is 14 years old now and if the visa come about 5 years or more, she is over 19 years old. So, will she failed the Visa?

And if it is the difficulty, I would like to know any methods to bring her here as soon as possible!

Thanks for your helping

Depends how long it takes to approve I-130 - if more than 10 years, niece may still be eligible.

There is nothing faster and no, you can't expedite on account of aging out in F4 category. 

Depending which country family is from, if eligible, they should play diversity visa lottery.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

It is true that the process time for sibling visas (F4) is more than 10 years but the missing component of that fact is that it is actually closer to 20 years than it is closer to 10 years. So your concerns for your niece is very valid. 

There is no method to bring her here sooner. It is a give and take scenario when dealing with immigation. You want to be able to bring over you sibling and their family, then the sacrifice you will have to make is to wait until the PD is current. Unfortunately, they only allow a certain amount of PD per year for F4, this the long long wait. And kids can, and do, age out.

As an American citizen or permant resident, your primary immediate family is spouses and minor children. When you start to go out further in your family there are more limitations on who a citizen or resident can bring over. By the time you get to aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, grandparents, etc. Options for immigrating them become extremely limited to non-existent. This becomes a painful realization with many immigrants that have cultures where they are extremely close to those relatives outside of spouses and minor children. 

I think it is important to start the conversation with your sibling that your niece aging out and not being able to immigrate with them when the time comes is a very real possibility. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

10 hours ago, milimelo said:
10 hours ago, milimelo said:

Depends how long it takes to approve I-130 - if more than 10 years, niece may still be eligible.

There is nothing faster and no, you can't expedite on account of aging out in F4 category. 

Depending which country family is from, if eligible, they should play diversity visa lottery.

43 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

It is true that the process time for sibling visas (F4) is more than 10 years but the missing component of that fact is that it is actually closer to 20 years than it is closer to 10 years. So your concerns for your niece is very valid. 

There is no method to bring her here sooner. It is a give and take scenario when dealing with immigation. You want to be able to bring over you sibling and their family, then the sacrifice you will have to make is to wait until the PD is current. Unfortunately, they only allow a certain amount of PD per year for F4, this the long long wait. And kids can, and do, age out.

As an American citizen or permant resident, your primary immediate family is spouses and minor children. When you start to go out further in your family there are more limitations on who a citizen or resident can bring over. By the time you get to aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, grandparents, etc. Options for immigrating them become extremely limited to non-existent. This becomes a painful realization with many immigrants that have cultures where they are extremely close to those relatives outside of spouses and minor children. 

I think it is important to start the conversation with your sibling that your niece aging out and not being able to immigrate with them when the time comes is a very real possibility. 

Hello, 

I got an example from The son of my brother's friend was failed F4 visa because He is 24 years old when he was interviewed a few week ago. So, my family is worried for my niece. So, I don’t know What was the problem there? 
Through the information that I got from the F4 requirements, I think it primarily depends on the income of the Petitioner and the Beneficiaries at the interview time, the petitioner’s income can cover all members over 6 months that they come to US and The income or assets of the Beneficiaries can take care of their new life. 
If the petitioner can’t satisfy them, they have to find another Joint Sponsor to be responsible for the intending immigrants listed on the Joint Sponsor’s form I-864

But, I’m still looking you guys ideas for this problem…

Edited by Dahlia Lee

3 minutes ago, Dahlia Lee said:

Through the information that I got from the F4 requirements, I think it primarily depends on the income of the Petitioner and the Beneficiaries at the interview time, the petitioner’s income can cover all members over 6 months that they come to US and The income or assets of the Beneficiaries can take care of their new life. 

Even if the petitioner is a millionaire, if the beneficiary has aged out for the visa category, they will not be granted the visa.

In any case, there really is nothing you can do about it, except maybe pray that the I-130 you filed does not get approved quickly.  The longer it takes for the petition to be approved, the more protection your niece has under CSPA from aging out.

5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Even if the petitioner is a millionaire, if the beneficiary has aged out for the visa category, they will not be granted the visa.

In any case, there really is nothing you can do about it, except maybe pray that the I-130 you filed does not get approved quickly.  The longer it takes for the petition to be approved, the more protection your niece has under CSPA from aging out.

5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

So, you means over 24 years old will be ineligible? 

Can I separate my niece to another joint sponsor? Because her uncle is aslo living in the Us? 

Edited by Dahlia Lee

Just now, Dahlia Lee said:

No way to determine that now.  You have to wait until the I-130 is approved before you can calculate whether your niece will still be eligible or not.  The I-130 approval date is a critical part of the formula.  No point worrying about it until then.  Like I said, the only thing you can do is pray that the petition takes 10 years or more to get approved.

20 minutes ago, Dahlia Lee said:

Can I separate my niece to another joint sponsor? Because her uncle is aslo living in the Us? 

Again, there is nothing to do before the petition is approved.  No need to worry about sponsors until after the petition is approved.  If your niece has aged out, it won't matter in her case whether you have a joint sponsor or not.

3 hours ago, Dahlia Lee said:

You don’t seem to understand the rules of the visa vs the financial requirements.   May want to do a bit of reading about them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We do not know the country so lets assume it is not one of the backlogged ones.

So we are looking at c 2040, it is possible the daughter will not have aged out but you need that I 130 to be approved after 2030.

As far as sponsorship is concerned that is a 2040 issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.