MamaBoyz

N-400 May 2023 Filers

295 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, SAMIPHX said:

well guys, had interview today, went smooth, officer was cool. I am so surprised that they scheduled oath ceremony on Aug 29th, some people got the oath today as well, never heard this before. 

Timeline here: 

Applied on May 17th, 

BIO: June 13th

Interview schedule Notice: July 20

Interview: Aug 24th

Oath Scheduled: Aug 24

Oath: Aug 29 

Oath done, social security number updated, ID card updated, applied passport which will take 10-13 weeks, my journey ends here !!

19 hours ago, Emmz said:

congrats can you share what questions they ask you? aside from civic test did they asked you vocabulary words?

19 hours ago, Emmz said:

congrats can you share what questions they ask you? aside from civic test did they asked you vocabulary words?

they asked to read a sentence and other bunch of general questions, like, address work etc. nothing big, easy peasy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SAMIPHX said:

they asked to read a sentence and other bunch of general questions, like, address work etc. nothing big, easy peasy 

thanks congrats again 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, SAMIPHX said:

Oath done, social security number updated, ID card updated, applied passport which will take 10-13 weeks, my journey ends here !!

Which ID card did you update? 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

On 9/4/2023 at 5:02 PM, Melc said:

Just got my interview notice for October 10th!

Congrats @Melc!! I saw your timeline on the Boston timeline page. I'm also a Boston N-400 filer, filed a few weeks after you in early June 2023.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have an I-751 pending? Trying to figure out how long Boston is taking to schedule interviews for those of us still needing to remove conditions!

8 hours ago, Cloudy Kitten said:

Congrats @Melc!! I saw your timeline on the Boston timeline page. I'm also a Boston N-400 filer, filed a few weeks after you in early June 2023.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have an I-751 pending? Trying to figure out how long Boston is taking to schedule interviews for those of us still needing to remove conditions!

Thank you!! And exciting! No pending I-751 for me, but I am filing under the 3-year-rule. 

Are you assigned to Boston or Lawrence, MA? My friend filed N400 with an I-751 pending for the Lawrence field office and had to wait 10 months from application date to their interview this month. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
13 minutes ago, lvesnal said:

Hey Jermy! How did you get your passport so fast? :) 

If you have upcoming travel, you can call the passport agency and say so, they will ask you for date of travel and will get you an appointment at the closest passport center. They can often do same day or next 1-3 biz days, depending on your date of travel. You will be expected to submit proof of travel (such as airline reservation, could even be fully refundable) and you'll have to pay an extra $60 for the quick turnaround. This page has more information, look for "urgent travel" https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

8 minutes ago, jermy said:

If you have upcoming travel, you can call the passport agency and say so, they will ask you for date of travel and will get you an appointment at the closest passport center. They can often do same day or next 1-3 biz days, depending on your date of travel. You will be expected to submit proof of travel (such as airline reservation, could even be fully refundable) and you'll have to pay an extra $60 for the quick turnaround. This page has more information, look for "urgent travel" https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

Thank you - this information is helpful. 

12 hours ago, Melc said:

Thank you!! And exciting! No pending I-751 for me, but I am filing under the 3-year-rule. 

Are you assigned to Boston or Lawrence, MA? My friend filed N400 with an I-751 pending for the Lawrence field office and had to wait 10 months from application date to their interview this month. 

Thanks so much for the response! I believe I'll be assigned to Boston (I live in Boston proper). It does seem like for those with a pending I-751, Boston is still in the 8-10 month range. Congrats again, and very best of luck with your interview - keep us posted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, kolikotime said:

I just got my interview scheduled!

Late October date.

Looking forward to resolving this process up.

did u received the letter in your mail?

Edited by Emmz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.