MamaBoyz

N-400 May 2023 Filers

295 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, Stardust0523 said:

Is anybody here applying with a criminal record or  (misdemeanor dui) from more than  5 years ago or anything related ? Thxs 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:48 PM, Stardust0523 said:

Hi do you mind sharing what year did this misdemeanor happen? I have one from 2015. Filed under 3 year rule although I been a green card holder since 2012,  I’m a bit worry . Let us know when you have an update please . 

My charges were dismissed at the end .. I had a diversion case and got approved waiting on oath schedule notice. I had just completed my 1 year probation around 2 months ago and applied for n400 in April.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:48 AM, Stardust0523 said:

Hi do you mind sharing what year did this misdemeanor happen? I have one from 2015. Filed under 3 year rule although I been a green card holder since 2012,  I’m a bit worry . Let us know when you have an update please . 

Did you disclose that information on your N-400 Application?

What was the outcome of your DUI charge? Did you had to do jailtime? DUI first or second? License suspended? If so, for how long? 

Either way - i hope you put all of this on your N-400 application.

Here are some users on VJ who had DUI's as well (from 3 or 5 years ago before filing N-400), they past their citizenship test and then got approved later on (i guess because a supervisor has to check mark everything either way). Anyhow. I hope you put all of that on your application. 

Edited by cocoVA

@Stardust0523

How was your alcohol level?

Did anybody got hurt?

Were anybody else with you in the car? any kids? 

Did you had any other charges after that?

Oftentimes you get put on Probation, if that applies to you, were you good? 

I used to work for the courts and I do remember a phone call where I had to verify for the IO.

Edited by cocoVA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, g9g9g9 said:

My charges were dismissed at the end .. I had a diversion case and got approved waiting on oath schedule notice. I had just completed my 1 year probation around 2 months ago and applied for n400 in April.

Thank you for the info.

11 hours ago, cocoVA said:

do you have by now an interview date?

No interview yet 😕 

Timeline

Did you disclose that information on your N-400 Application?

What was the outcome of your DUI charge? Did you had to do jailtime? DUI first or second? License suspended? If so, for how long? 

Either way - i hope you put all of this on your N-400 application.

Here are some users on VJ who had DUI's as well (from 3 or 5 years ago before filing N-400), they past their citizenship test and then got approved later on (i guess because a supervisor has to check mark everything either way). Anyhow. I hope you put all of that on your application. 

Hi yes , I disclosed my criminal charge on my application , I was guilty of a misdemeanor dui , my first time and only criminal record since then no other charges . Not even a traffic ticket . I did have my license suspended for 6 months and had to do a 3 month program mandatory by court . I live in California and I received a 3 year court probation . My disposition say 6 days jail time but judge granted me community service instead which I completed.

Timeline

@Stardust0523

How was your alcohol level?

Did anybody got hurt?

Were anybody else with you in the car? any kids? 

Did you had any other charges after that?

Oftentimes you get put on Probation, if that applies to you, were you good? 

I used to work for the courts and I do remember a phone call where I had to verify for the IO.

No kids in the car just me and my husband, no body was hurt and I believe my alcohol level was 1.2 

I been good all my life except that one time 8 years ago. Which I very much regret, Thank you for your comments. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, cocoVA said:

@Stardust0523

do you have all the documents/dispositions? also about that you completed the community service? when you get an interview in future, bring it with you.

Yes , I have certified copies which I also submitted a copy plus copies of community service completed . I can’t get proof of court probation since I was not monitor by an actual probation office just the court , my court can’t provide anything on that just an over the phone confirmation that all has been completed , bummer . 

23 minutes ago, Stardust0523 said:

Yes , I have certified copies which I also submitted a copy plus copies of community service completed . I can’t get proof of court probation since I was not monitor by an actual probation office just the court , my court can’t provide anything on that just an over the phone confirmation that all has been completed , bummer . 

you can do a name search on the courts website in your state, i believe it was general district court traffic division, and once you do that, it will spit out your case and the disposition status, you could print that.

oftentimes, when I got a call from a customer, I would do a letter for them stating the charge and that the fines/costs are paid and that there are no open dispositions. your court can't do that? (disposition letter)

i'm sure the IO can see in their system if it's all "done" or not... but it's def. good that you included that in your N-400. when did you file your N-400?

Edited by cocoVA

@Stardust0523  did you pay all the fines/costs as well? you can also get a receipt from the accounting division in your court (if they have one, sometimes the courts are small, that they don't have a accounting divison). you can also always just walk in your court and on the public search computer at the division you can see all the scanned documents for your case and print them out. we usually charged 50 cents per page :D

34 minutes ago, Stardust0523 said:

I can’t get proof of court probation since I was not monitor by an actual probation office just the court , 

yes you can - i would walk in to the court traffic division and print it out on their public computer because on the "order" where the judge signs off on, the judge must have checked certain boxes which proves that. print that out, walk up to the clerks office window and get it certified. the print out comes out in the clerks office and you have to walk up to their window anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.