April Tian

HELP!! Can I use aseet + foreign Tax Return Form 2555 to sponsor K1 Visa I-134?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Aug 5, 2022 filer is seeking for i134 advises😭

I’d worked in China for 6 years. I make above 125% of the US poverty line and have done tax return for the past view years however my income is China-based. Meaning my AGI is 0 on 1040.
I have around 10k cash in the bank, would that be enough to support i134? or should I find a co-sponsor 😭

Any advice is greatly appreciated🙏

Foreign income doesn’t count unless it will continue in the US (like a company transfer). So for US immigration purposes your income is 0

13 minutes ago, April Tian said:

have around 10k cash in the bank, would that be enough to support i134?

No 

13 minutes ago, April Tian said:

or should I find a co-sponsor 😭

Yes 

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline
50 minutes ago, April Tian said:

I’d worked in China for 6 years. I make above 125% of the US poverty line and have done tax return for the past view years however my income is China-based. Meaning my AGI is 0 on 1040.
I have around 10k cash in the bank, would that be enough to support i134? or should I find a co-sponsor 😭

Sorry guys... 100k, not 10k😭

1 minute ago, April Tian said:

Then it might work out but it’s at the full discretion of the consulate. They might or they might not accept it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

Then it might work out but it’s at the full discretion of the consulate. They might or they might not accept it. 

Sigh... sounds very unpredictable😭

4 minutes ago, April Tian said:

You need to show current income in the US with payslips. 3 previous IRS tax transcripts with overseas income is fine

Edited by EatBulaga

Just now, EatBulaga said:

You need to show current income in the US with payslips. 3 previous tax transcripts from overseas is fine

Tax transcripts are not evidence of current income. It is evidence of past income.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

You need to show current income in the US with payslips. 3 previous tax transcripts from overseas is fine

Im not in the US at the moment😭 if national payslip ismandatory... i'll have to go back before k1 interview n get a job i think...

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please Do not start multiple threads per related topics as that’s spamming ~~

5 minutes ago, April Tian said:

(made a mistake on a previous post... so opened another one.🙏)

I have around $100k cash in the bank (Band in US), would that be enough to support i134? or should I find a co-sponsor 😭

If you've got USD 100k cash, the consulate might accept that as sufficient. But some consular officers insist on seeing evidence of US-based income. I would either line up a co-sponsor or find a US-based job.

One other thought - I know China imposes strict currency controls and people can only take out a limited amount of money from the country. I don't know if that applies to your assets. If it does, it's another reason to have a co-sponsor or US job lined up. 

Timeline
Just now, Adventine said:

If you've got USD 100k cash, the consulate might accept that as sufficient. But some consular officers insist on seeing evidence of US-based income. I would either line up a co-sponsor or find a US-based job.

One other thought - I know China imposes strict currency controls and people can only take out a limited amount of money from the country. I don't know if that applies to your assets. If it does, it's another reason to have a co-sponsor or US job lined up. 

The good news is I've been sending cash back for many years.... My savings are in US😀

But yeah... guess if we didnt pass then i'll probably need either co-sponsor or a job in US😟

16 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Tax transcripts are not evidence of current income. It is evidence of past income.

Yes. I meant need proof of current income in the US AND 3 years of IRS tax transcripts even if the income was overseas.

14 minutes ago, April Tian said:

Im not in the US at the moment😭 if national payslip ismandatory... i'll have to go back before k1 interview n get a job i think...

Current income in the US is really the defining factor for affidavit of support I-134 and I-864, joint sponsor or not.

I moved back to the US early to find a job and collected 3 months worth of payslips as supporting evidence for the I-134.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
1 minute ago, EatBulaga said:

Yes. I meant need proof of current income in the US AND 3 years of IRS tax transcripts even if the income was overseas.

Current income in the US is really the defining factor for affidavit of support I-134 and I-864.

I moved back to the US early to find a job and collected 3 months worth of payslips as supporting evidence for the I-134.

Damn I was wishing assets could be counted 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.