JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@WestHighlander I agree with your statement. I made one inquiry at the 60 day mark and was informed my petition had been received. Ill make one more at the 90 mark.  Some folks email nvc once a week or more and I've often wondered if those folks get put in the nuisance pile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shane-Debby said:

@WestHighlander I agree with your statement. I made one inquiry at the 60 day mark and was informed my petition had been received. Ill make one more at the 90 mark.  Some folks email nvc once a week or more and I've often wondered if those folks get put in the nuisance pile.

yea i think every wk is a little excessive but i do wonder if the people that inquire every 10-15 days actually get somewhere. hard to tell as everything seems to be at random

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, 0508 said:

yea i think every wk is a little excessive but i do wonder if the people that inquire every 10-15 days actually get somewhere. hard to tell as everything seems to be at random

I honestly think one a week is just fine for public inquiry form once you're past 30-40 days, especially seeing things are getting faster now. They do take almost a week to reply anyway.
I am not trying to abuse the NVCResearch so I am keeping that one at every 2 weeks.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

I do not think they punish people for asking too much after 60 days. They cut the phone lines down last year, the wedding organisation is also difficult because of the timelines being so uncertain and the process is very stressful overall and super long. Inquiring is just the only thing we have left to ask, and some people do not even get the welcome notification and only get their numbers through inquiry.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

Sorry to say that and don't want to be rude but I don't know how you feel when your case delaying for +19 months (so far) and no one actual there to tell you the whole truth and keep telling you about backlog. if my questioning every week about this broken system and following up about my obvious right is nuisance, let's be that way...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

I honestly think one a week is just fine for public inquiry form once you're past 30-40 days, especially seeing things are getting faster now. They do take almost a week to reply anyway.

oh i hadn't thought about public inquiry so def will get this!

12 hours ago, Shane-Debby said:

the point is it doesn't help when you receive "case received" mail , and we inquire 2 weeks after that and get a reply case is not received yet. like what do we do then ?

Timeline
6 hours ago, ample waiting said:

the point is it doesn't help when you receive "case received" mail , and we inquire 2 weeks after that and get a reply case is not received yet. like what do we do then ?

Just keep on inquiring, lots of people had conflicting information and ended up receiving their case number just afterwards.

On 7/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, Bh_sarah said:

I am not trying to abuse the NVCResearch so I am keeping that one at every 2 weeks.

Rest assure it is.. I was doing twice a week.. each time i got an update.. and then at 80 day mark my number..( Some people waited over 100 days..) out of sight out of mind.. Trust me it does not hurt.. ( you have to remember.. you are paying for an service ) Companies only do what their customers allow them to do.. that includes the US GOV.

1 hour ago, Gary Rich said:

Rest assure it is.. I was doing twice a week.. each time i got an update.. and then at 80 day mark my number..( Some people waited over 100 days..) out of sight out of mind.. Trust me it does not hurt.. ( you have to remember.. you are paying for an service ) Companies only do what their customers allow them to do.. that includes the US GOV.

Well, said. You are absolutely right. 

Were you contacting asknvc@state.gov or nvcresearch@state.gov ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.