JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Pangoleen said:

I honestly doubt it's got anything to do with embassy backlogs, for three reasons:

• People from all over the world are receiving their interview dates pretty quickly for the most part, once the consulate has actually received their case. Plus, I know for a fact that my embassy is not backlogged at all and I'm almost at the 90 day mark without a word still.

• As far as I'm aware, USCIS is probably not keeping tabs on which embassies are backlogged and which aren't, and I doubt the NVC would be telling USCIS "please hold only cases for X country".

• Rumor has it that most other visa categories are still being transferred in a timely manner.

Ahhhh, so the bottleneck is still at the USCIS. We are just trading early approval wait time for a longer case transfer to NVC wait time.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr.So said:

Ahhhh, so the bottleneck is still at the USCIS. We are just trading early approval wait time for a longer case transfer to NVC wait time.

And what are we trading (Dec 2021 filers) that didn't even have an early approval?  Haha 

Whatever happening is in USCIS and a political mystery! There is a Regular backlog in embassies and regular timeline for other visa in NVC...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

honestly i would take having the approval and being at this stage over still waiting for the approval and quicker interview time. at least the fear of being denied or getting an rfe is gone! pending the interview goes good😄

i'm not sure how useful or accurate this is for right now, but one of my friends submitted dec '21, got approval feb 15th and her interview is on tuesday. so if that's accurate still (here's hoping) we could all have our interviews by september 😊

2 minutes ago, Saeid said:

And what are we trading (Dec 2021 filers) that didn't even have an early approval?  Haha 

Whatever happening is in USCIS and a political mystery! There is a Regular backlog in embassies and regular timeline for other visa in NVC...

That's right, Dec 2021 and earlier cases timeline are even more depressing 😩

Timeline
9 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

I got curious and went to check the threads for the approved in February, January and for the ones approved in December 2022. They did end up getting their cases sent to the embassy at around the 60 day mark, which is a good timeline considering 30 days for USCIS -> NVC and 20 weeks for NVC case assignment. Things started getting slower on January, then definitely slower on February. March became almost the norm to wait 60 days to have the case received by NVC only. I'm analyzing the VJ timelines right now to confirm it. If anyone want to check it too, feel free.

It also coincides with the time USCIS ramped up processing, so I know it's all circumstantial evidence, but I would say it's definitely NVC being backlogged and not really the embassies being busy, at least not in the phase we are now, waiting to get the case transferred. It sucks, but we have no control again, just like we had no control over the processing times until now :( Hoping they do something to speed up NVC processing now.

The NVC backlog also makes sense to me, I don't believe this is because Uscis wants to hold on to the petitions.

Hopefully we all get  our case numbers quickly, this process is exhausting. 

Timeline

also remind that anyone that got their approval on/before may 24th can fill out the form on the landing page of your approval. i don't know that it will do a whole lot, but they apparently give you a more accurate timeline on this. i submitted mine today and they'll get back to me by july 10th (sigh) but might be worth trying!

image.png.93e073b40045b0353b8019c979075d8d.png

Hi Guys! 

Just had a question - apologies if it’s already been asked

Our NOA2 was 5/18/23

The approval notice says it is valid until 9/17/23 (4 months) 

In seeing the wait times from USCIS to NVC and by the time we get interview I am

assuming it will likely be past the expiry date. Does anyone know what we need to in that case, would I need to file for an extension on the approval notice, or do we need to do anything at all in regards to this? 

thanks so much! hopefully things start to speed up 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, FaheemGhaida said:

Hi Guys! 

Just had a question - apologies if it’s already been asked

Our NOA2 was 5/18/23

The approval notice says it is valid until 9/17/23 (4 months) 

In seeing the wait times from USCIS to NVC and by the time we get interview I am

assuming it will likely be past the expiry date. Does anyone know what we need to in that case, would I need to file for an extension on the approval notice, or do we need to do anything at all in regards to this? 

thanks so much! hopefully things start to speed up 

You don't need to do anything about it. The officer in the consulate will automatically extend the validity of the approval.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:40 PM, 0508 said:

honestly i would take having the approval and being at this stage over still waiting for the approval and quicker interview time. at least the fear of being denied or getting an rfe is gone! pending the interview goes good😄

i'm not sure how useful or accurate this is for right now, but one of my friends submitted dec '21, got approval feb 15th and her interview is on tuesday. so if that's accurate still (here's hoping) we could all have our interviews by september 😊

Alot of Dec 2021 filers, has had their case sent back to USCIS from NVC.. I'm not sure of the reason. But they send a bunch back

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Guys! Guys!
The wait time for the NVC to receive cases dropped by 1 day 😄. It was 58 days:
image.png.0ef6e159c3ecaa07a8ee7e4c9b9b571b.png

LET'S GGGOOOOO😍😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/31/2023 at 6:15 PM, Saeid said:

This process just frustrating and annoying! I was checking other petition sending to NVC quickly after approval but why finance petition delayed for 90 days? 

I can't find any answers! USCIS and NVC both responding like a robot ... They committed to send our petition in 30 days (mentioned in approval notice) but who knows who's responsible for this delay! 

Thousand of illegal Cross borders everyday and they have priority more than us! 

Unbelievable...

I'm just tired, tired of this unfair process . I called USCIS and ask to talk to tier 2 agent and was told they will call me back in 30 days!!! 

Yes we waited more than 17 months and everyone says 2,3 more months is not a big deal but, it is ! Believe me.

When we applied estimated time was 6 months and here we are still counting days after days...

I feel your pain especially with your border comment. If you can get her to the southern border she can walk right in and get free health care, free phone, free money, free transpo to anywhere in the US, drivers license, and be allowed to vote in our elections. But yet folks that come legally have a million hoops to jump through, all kinds of fees to pay and have to wait months/years to get approved before even stepping one foot in this country. Its ridiculous.

Edited by Warp005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.