JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, 0508 said:

oh wow haha! the least they could do it mainstream it for us😄i believe the reports are valid for 6 months but again that might just be for canada.

here's hoping! i would love to see everyone here moved forward quickly☺️

Yeah, usually the reports when you're inside the country are valid for less time then if you don't live in the country anymore. All the information is confusing and you can get so many different answers. I emailed my embassy and they said 2 years for national and foreign ones, so I am counting on it. And yes! Honestly, UK one from abroad was way better than Canada. Canada wanted me to mail my fingerprints, it would be an ordeal!

8 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

In France, you can just download your criminal record online in 3 minutes.

Valid for 3 months. I guess I am lucky lol.

Yes! Same as here! I'll just get another one when it's closer to the interview just in case ahaha

9 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

For anyone needing a UK ACRO, the processing times are not too bad at the moment. I sent my application off a couple of days after our petition got approved on May 10th, and I had the certificate in my hand by June 1st. Mine was pretty simple for them to do, admittedly, because I have no record at all, so some applications may take a bit longer. 

I am glad it's not too bad, especially from inside the UK! I issued my ACRO probably a month before the cyber attack. It was sent to me in 10 business days, but it took a LOT of time to reach me in Brazil (our post office issues). I sent a copy to my fiancé just in case and his arrived way before mine.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

I am glad it's not too bad, especially from inside the UK! I issued my ACRO probably a month before the cyber attack. It was sent to me in 10 business days, but it took a LOT of time to reach me in Brazil (our post office issues). I sent a copy to my fiancé just in case and his arrived way before mine.

Did you receive a confirmation email once you sent the form to ACRO? I have sent mine today but haven't received anything 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:37 AM, yibkeith said:

That was a mess! It was about my criminal record. I Had a misdemeanor trespassing conviction back in college in 1992. The police department and the court don’t keep records of minor offenses that old, and I had the case expunged years ago. My expungement paperwork showing what it was and that it was cleared wasn’t enough. They wanted a notarized statement from me about the incident, and certified records from the police and court that no records exist. They RFE’d me twice. I ended up driving halfway across the country to go to the court in person to beg them to give me something to satisfy USCIS.

All you had to do is call them and ask for a an Certificate of Deposition. The county clerk would have did it for you for around $10 bucks.. ( ask me how i know.. well because it happen to me )

3 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

All you had to do is call them and ask for a a Certificate of Deposition. The county clerk would have did it for you for around $10 bucks.. ( ask me how i know.. well because it happen to me )

Ah, not for Butte Co court in California. I talked to multiple people there, explaining my situation every time. They kept telling me that they only certify court records, and there are none, so they could not give me anything that said that the case had been cleared. 

I ended up giving USCIS, a courthouse printout of my name, with no cases listed, a screenshot of the case lookup tool with my case number, saying no case found, another copy of my expungement paperwork, a notarized copy of my empty police record from the local police department there, and my notarized statement about of all that. That ended up doing the trick.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, AnnaDT said:

Did you receive a confirmation email once you sent the form to ACRO? I have sent mine today but haven't received anything 

I did! Got a confirmation one when I did submit the request, then one when they mailed me the certificate. But I am not sure how's that working now as I did it through the website before the system changed to email application due to the attack. This was back in March now looking at my emails. Submitted on March 18th, they mailed it on March 30th... April 4th they had the attack. Which means my info was probably compromised but I was able to get the certificate.... yay?! haha

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

I did! Got a confirmation one when I did submit the request, then one when they mailed me the certificate. But I am not sure how's that working now as I did it through the website before the system changed to email application due to the attack. This was back in March now looking at my emails. Submitted on March 18th, they mailed it on March 30th... April 4th they had the attack. Which means my info was probably compromised but I was able to get the certificate.... yay?! haha

Glad you got it at least haha

I haven't received anything but I also assume it was because I submitted it after 5pm UK time, I'll check back Monday and hopefully will have some kind of confirmation 

Timeline

Guys,

I have a question about DS-160, I will probably need to fill that in and pay fees while visiting my fiancé in the US this Summer (because NVC is slow lol), and book the first available interview date.

They say something like mention your last 5 trips to the US in that form.

Do you know if I will need to mention the current one with a future date back to the home country, or is it the last 5 trips before this one (coming this Summer)?

I am a bit confused. I will need to fly back to do the medical and go to the interview in Paris anyway, but I am confused about what to mention.

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, AnnaDT said:

Glad you got it at least haha

I haven't received anything but I also assume it was because I submitted it after 5pm UK time, I'll check back Monday and hopefully will have some kind of confirmation 

The email response I got was on the same day I applied, but I sent the application at like, 5am on the monday. The response was just the automated email that looked like the screenshot attached, similar to the email received when you emailed to ask for an application form. It says in the email that once the application is submitted, you'll be emailed once the certificate is dispatched, although I've heard some people never get this email image.thumb.png.50333141d7a89e34296a79a8a5220d67.png

Timeline
9 hours ago, ltodd456 said:

The email response I got was on the same day I applied, but I sent the application at like, 5am on the monday. The response was just the automated email that looked like the screenshot attached, similar to the email received when you emailed to ask for an application form. It says in the email that once the application is submitted, you'll be emailed once the certificate is dispatched, although I've heard some people never get this email image.thumb.png.50333141d7a89e34296a79a8a5220d67.png

Yeah I never got anything, but thank you! I contacted the costumer service just to have some kind of confirmation! Hopefully it's fine 🤞

Timeline
9 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Guys,

I have a question about DS-160, I will probably need to fill that in and pay fees while visiting my fiancé in the US this Summer (because NVC is slow lol), and book the first available interview date.

They say something like mention your last 5 trips to the US in that form.

Do you know if I will need to mention the current one with a future date back to the home country, or is it the last 5 trips before this one (coming this Summer)?

I am a bit confused. I will need to fly back to do the medical and go to the interview in Paris anyway, but I am confused about what to mention.

Thanks for your help

I honestly would put that in the DS-160 too, it's going to be considered a trip at the interview I assume

Timeline
1 hour ago, AnnaDT said:

I honestly would put that in the DS-160 too, it's going to be considered a trip at the interview I assume

Yeah but it looks like you can't enter à future departure date, I checked on the form. They probably know that I guess? I will call the embassy number dédicated to the form to check. It would be ridiculous to cancel our Summer vacation just because you can't enter it ....

Timeline
9 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Yeah but it looks like you can't enter à future departure date, I checked on the form. They probably know that I guess? I will call the embassy number dédicated to the form to check. It would be ridiculous to cancel our Summer vacation just because you can't enter it ....

Yeah, that's annoying and I wouldn't cancel the trip either! Calling them is the only option at this point, maybe they'll ask you to add it somewhere else or clarify at the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

the other option is to make a note at the bottom that you have a trip booked on x dates. i'm in canada and close enough to the border that i can see it from my house (yes literally) and our lawyer said just to go back 3 yrs and then make a note at the bottom that there might be future trips! i'll also take my report from the border to my interview in case they ask for it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.