Rushton50

N400 Researching motoring offences from the UK 1980-1984

10 posts in this topic

I am in the final 7 months of my 10 year green card LPR status. and have decided to apply for naturalization.

I have researched and contacted many archives only to be passed from pillar to post and hit the same dead end when it comes to getting info on myself.

They all say obtain a SARs which has already been done during the initial process and it showed nothing, I have contacted DVLA in Swansea and they send out your driving record, but again shows nothing

Contacted local and city archives/libraries with same dead end. Contacted New Scotland Yard, they also suggested a SARs.

I have people back home to help look into this info and even prepared to fly back for a few days to seek it out myself, but don't want to waste time or money if I'm going to get the same dead end.

I would have been at least 17  maybe just turned 18 years old and moved a car without insurance, MOT, unaccompanied driver no L plates on a provisional license. 42 years ago.

1997 speeding ticket and again around 1998. I also had one when I first moved to the U.S which I have paperwork for and can show it was paid.

Anyone able to offer advice how else I can get the information I need?

TIA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What did you do for evidence when you interviewed for your IR1/CR1 visa?  What did you enter on your DS-260?

19 minutes ago, Rushton50 said:

I did not recall this until  started looking at my traffic violations

I should add the reason this was forgotten is that when I was 13 I was convicted of a juvenile offence, got into a fight with another boy, parents of the other boy decided to prosecute and that was declared to USCIS with supporting paperwork which took all my resources to find that hence forgetting about motoring convictions

1 hour ago, Rushton50 said:

I should add the reason this was forgotten is that when I was 13 I was convicted of a juvenile offence, got into a fight with another boy, parents of the other boy decided to prosecute and that was declared to USCIS with supporting paperwork which took all my resources to find that hence forgetting about motoring convictions

Good luck with that explanation. Be prepared to be hit with misrepresentation.

You decided to apply for N-400. Have you consulted with a lawyer? Sometimes the best course of action is to remain an LPR for the rest of your life. Your case may be one of them. You need somebody with knowledge to look at your whole immigration and personal history and see whether N-400 is a good idea.

4 hours ago, Rushton50 said:

I would have been at least 17  maybe just turned 18 years old and moved a car without insurance, MOT, unaccompanied driver no L plates on a provisional license. 42 years ago.

1997 speeding ticket and again around 1998. I also had one when I first moved to the U.S which I have paperwork for and can show it was paid.

Anyone able to offer advice how else I can get the information I need?

You are going to be perfectly fine, stop worrying. Traffic citations were not material to your getting the green card and won’t matter for N-400. 
You can list them , just to convince yourself to stop worrying and get a letter from each agency you contacted that simply says NO RECORD found….or you can skip them.

If you still have a copy of the previously documented juvenile case, submit it otherwise do a FOIA ( online and free) for your DOS visa file that will have police clearance and USCIS…which you can take with you to the interview.

Full speed ahead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Be prepared to be hit with misrepresentation.

For a handful of traffic tix?

3 hours ago, Family said:

You are going to be perfectly fine, stop worrying. Traffic citations were not material to your getting the green card and won’t matter for N-400. 
You can list them , just to convince yourself to stop worrying and get a letter from each agency you contacted that simply says NO RECORD found….or you can skip them.

If you still have a copy of the previously documented juvenile case, submit it otherwise do a FOIA ( online and free) for your DOS visa file that will have police clearance and USCIS…which you can take with you to the interview.

Full speed ahead.

They know of the juvenile case and have seen the disposition and is in my original DS-260 file, 

It was the 42 year old traffic violation that I can not seem to find any information of its existence or being in archives and was asking where else to look. MY ACRO/ SARs was done at the time of application and shows nothing and my recent request for drivers record from the UK shows nothing, only what I can legally drive.

As for the other speeding fines, I only know a circa time, which was a fine and 3 penalty points for each occurrence

Once again,   submit copies of the issue “ they know “ about when you file or get FOIA records to carry to your interview. 

The traffic citations will NOT be an issue but you can disclose them if you insist and   provide a written response from agencies you already contact ( they are custodian of records ) that say NO Record exists .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.