saied

Question if we have DS-260 or DS-160

11 posts in this topic

We finally got an email that my wife will get interviewed on May 16th. The first step of the instruction is to register at usavisa-info.com. Upon registering you are tasked with picking from a few options,  one of which is "I need to register an immigrant visa appointment" and "I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment.". I obviously picked the latter but at the end of the page it is asking me to enter in DS-160 number which does not make sense to me as our application should be a DS-260. So now I am questioning on if I should pick option 1 or 2.

Additionally where can I find this number?

Thanks

38 minutes ago, saied said:

We finally got an email that my wife will get interviewed on May 16th. The first step of the instruction is to register at usavisa-info.com. Upon registering you are tasked with picking from a few options,  one of which is "I need to register an immigrant visa appointment" and "I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment.". I obviously picked the latter but at the end of the page it is asking me to enter in DS-160 number which does not make sense to me as our application should be a DS-260. So now I am questioning on if I should pick option 1 or 2.

Additionally where can I find this number?

Thanks

If you are married, it is not a K visa interview.   That is for unmarried fiancé of USC.  

The application for a spousal visa is the DS-260.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

@Saeid

1. Is this for a K-3 visa?

2. Your post history says you filed I-130. Did you also file I-129F?

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
2 minutes ago, saied said:

I Ifilled an I-130 and it is an IR-1 Visa. So I think I just have to do the DS-260.

Where can I find this number?

6 hours ago, saied said:

Upon registering you are tasked with picking from a few options,  one of which is "I need to register an immigrant visa appointment" and "I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment.". I obviously picked the latter but at the end of the page it is asking me to enter in DS-160 number

You picked K visa even though you knew you had an immigration petition. That was wrong.

You cannot find that which does not exist. See if you can undo what you did.

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You picked K visa even though you knew you had an immigration petition. That was wrong.

You cannot find that which does not exist. See if you can undo what you did.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I meant selected rather than Picked. I am still at the initial screen where you select one of those options.
Now I need to find my DS-160 number.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, saied said:

I meant selected rather than Picked.

Those are synonyms

9 minutes ago, saied said:

Now I need to find my DS-160 number

That number does not and never will exist. 

I suggest you identify the embassy and then flag your post asking the moderator to move this thread to the correct regional forum. There, people with experience scheduling IR-1 visa appointments with your embassy will be able to guide you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for the spouse visa u would have already submitted the ds 260 at NVC stage

have u received the 2 invoices, paid the 2 fees and filled out the AOS with I 864 and tax returns and the ds 260 with the criminal report?

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Enter the DS260 number.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.