trey785

Will this be a problem ?

11 posts in this topic

My fiancé took an edible a week ago and she had some bad symptoms so she called 911 and an ambulance guy came in helped her and asked about her name etc and then left , no police came in or anything ..now she's freaking out that this will be reported to police and cause problems with our I129f petition which is in procces ...am kinda worried too 

State is Georgia if that matters , Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If cannabis is legal in Georgia then no issues.

Edit: If it is not legal there, then she should report any police charges, arrests or convictions.  Wondering if the ambulance guy reported something is neither a charge/arrest nor a conviction.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, trey785 said:

she is the citizen 

This has no impact on you unless she was arrested and this was her third controlled substance arrest.

Have you read I-129F?

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In Georgia, edibles that contain weed (THC) are a felony offense. Even if you bought the edible legally in another state, you cannot possess it in Georgia.Aug 3, 2022

Danger is where she bought it as its illegal in Georgia and if not from a legal dispensor (we have them in  TN)  , it could be laced with something she doesn't know about/buying from a friend or under the table  WOW   we lost too many people that way.

Fentanyl and other drugs used to lace marijuana can cause changes in one's breathing pattern or heart rate. Many people who smoke laced pot are likely to suffer from irregular or rapid heartbeat and an increase in blood pressure. Chronic drug use may lead to cardiac damage, lung disease, and even death.

The above is what u need to be concerned about as no police followed the ambulance /n top of they would be more interested in where the edible came from as they only try to protect people from the above 

17 hours ago, trey785 said:

My fiancé took an edible a week ago and she had some bad symptoms so she called 911 and an ambulance guy came in helped her and asked about her name etc and then left , no police came in or anything ..now she's freaking out that this will be reported to police and cause problems with our I129f petition which is in procces ...am kinda worried too 

State is Georgia if that matters , Thanks 

I'm a health care professional.  It will not be reported to police.  She reported that she took something and was assessed by EMS at the scene.  There was no possession, trafficking, DUI, etc.  It is a non-issue as far as I can see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.