romio113

Mother and brother trying to visit me here in the US

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a US citizen and would like to have my Mother and Brother visit me here in the US from Tunisia what would be the fastest way, BTW my brother works for an accounting company and my Mother is almost 60 years old and taking care of my dad and family things all together...

a while back my brother applied for a B1/B2 visa and got denied and was never given the reason for his denial.. So I  wanted to try again but have my Mom be with him just to have them understand that he has no interest in over staying in the US because he has ties back home and coming to help my mom during her flights etc...

any advice   would be greatly appreciated.  

11 minutes ago, romio113 said:

a while back my brother applied for a B1/B2 visa and got denied and was never given the reason for his denial..

Was he not given a paper that said something like "denied under INA 214(b)"?  That paper would list the reason for denial.

Timeline

but the problem is the CO never asked him for any documents or anything except why are you wanting to go to the US.. And his answer was to visit me and my family for a short period of time.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 183616.png

6 minutes ago, romio113 said:

the problem is the CO never asked him for any documents or anything except why are you wanting to go to the US..

The CO is not required to look at any documents brought to the interview, other than the applicant's passport.  The submitted DS-160 form is enough for the CO to make a decision in most cases, even before the interview.

I assume that attached image is of the paper that was given to your brother, which means he was actually told of the reason his application was denied.  214(b) denial means that the CO was not convinced that he had strong enough ties to his home country to compel him to return and not remain illegally in the US.  His stated purpose for wanting to visit the US is a minor matter, not significant enough to affect the CO's decision.

1 minute ago, romio113 said:

how can we make it significant enough this time any recommendation?

Have him get a higher paying job?  Travel to Europe/Australia/other visa countries (and return on time) multiple times?  Or just apply again and hope he has better luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Unfortunately, a lot of Tunisians come to US on B-2, overstay and become gym bros. So, many young ones back in Tunisia are facing more scrutiny as a result of the actions of those who went before them. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, romio113 said:

I totally get what you're saying!! so how can we make it significant enough this time any recommendation? 

Wife, children who will be staying behind

For example

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, romio113 said:

Hello everyone,

I am a US citizen and would like to have my Mother and Brother visit me here in the US from Tunisia what would be the fastest way, BTW my brother works for an accounting company and my Mother is almost 60 years old and taking care of my dad and family things all together...

a while back my brother applied for a B1/B2 visa and got denied and was never given the reason for his denial.. So I  wanted to try again but have my Mom be with him just to have them understand that he has no interest in over staying in the US because he has ties back home and coming to help my mom during her flights etc...

any advice   would be greatly appreciated.  

Reason for denial would be suspected intent to overstay.

The only way they will get visitor visas will be to show an overwhelming amount of evidence of their ties to home, and reasons to go home when they are supposed to.  

Timeline

#Jorgedig 

He was fully prepared for the interview, He has all the proofs from his job and evidence that he owns lands and all of that good stuff ETC... But the problem is the CO never asked him for any documents, what made it seems like that the decision was already made prior to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The DS160 he completed would have asked for his employment information

Not sure I see the relevance of owning land

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

31 minutes ago, romio113 said:

#Jorgedig 

He was fully prepared for the interview, He has all the proofs from his job and evidence that he owns lands and all of that good stuff ETC... But the problem is the CO never asked him for any documents, what made it seems like that the decision was already made prior to the interview.

Oh, it was. The DS-160 contains the info needed to make a decision.  They are not obligated to look at any other documents or evidence brought in for the interview.  Like others have said, it is the unfortunate result of past B visa abuses by others from that country.

15 hours ago, romio113 said:

#Jorgedig 

They take the desision before the interview, they dont ask for anything because they look at the case before interview

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.