Spanglish Love

Green card delivery

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a US citizen and I petitioned for my stepchildren. Their embassy interview went great and they receive their visas and entered the US with no issues. I paid the Immigrant Fee for the green card to be delivered to our home. Does anyone know how longs it takes to receive the green card in the mail?

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

30-120 days to never

wow! I want to plan a family vacation in August so we'll see. Is there anywhere to track the status?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, Spanglish Love said:

wow! I want to plan a family vacation in August 

Did they enter after August 2022?

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC delivery are discussed ***

1 hour ago, Spanglish Love said:

Does anyone know how longs it takes to receive the green card in the mail?

Check the recent updates in the thread below --

48 minutes ago, Spanglish Love said:

I want to plan a family vacation in August so we'll see. Is there anywhere to track the status?

Even if your children do not have their plastic GCs yet, they may re-enter the US using the "green card" that they have right now.  Their immigrant visas with CBP entry stamp serve as their temporary green cards for 1 year from the date listed on the CBP stamp.

To track the status of plastic GC production, enter the receipt number of their immigrant fee payment here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

15 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC delivery are discussed ***

Check the recent updates in the thread below --

Even if your children do not have their plastic GCs yet, they may re-enter the US using the "green card" that they have right now.  Their immigrant visas with CBP entry stamp serve as their temporary green cards for 1 year from the date listed on the CBP stamp.

To track the status of plastic GC production, enter the receipt number of their immigrant fee payment here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Thank you soo much!! This is exactly what I was looking for 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Spanglish Love said:

Yesterday

They can use their passport and stamped visa to travel  until March 15, 2024

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They can use their passport and stamped visa to travel  until March 15, 2024

Thank you! I didn't realize they received this stamp in their passport as well. This is great news!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Spanglish Love said:

Thank you! I didn't realize they received this stamp in their passport as well. This is great news!!

Read the line of print along the bottom of the visa foil in the passport 

33 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Read the line of print along the bottom of the visa foil in the passport 

HA!! Yup, it's right there lol sorry, it's been a long week 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Took my stepson 45 days after entry to receive his. this was end of November 2022.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.