Php2404

K1 USCIS number received no update on NVC

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

@Php2404. I'm going to say something, and listen like if your life depends on it. Listen to these VJ Veterans The information you are getting from them is priceless.

I'm at 435, days so relax and you have a long way to go...Ask me how do i know these about the members.. ( well I will tell you ) They told me the same thing when i started.

Take heave and listen to them.

On)top of this any K1 (or CR1 ) from India can go into extended AP (adminitrative process)

and getting a visa (as your receipt says) is not guaranteed

Did the lawyer tell u the process after marriage in the USA was going up from $1225 to $2820?

At this point the spouse visa far outweighs the K1 -not only for being able to work,  travel ,  get SS and DL with no issues but it is cheaper

U need to carefully go to the word above (guides) and get to know the steps 

And understand the wait for an interview is long 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I’m afraid the situation for K-1s is bleaker than being portrayed.  

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?history=90

573 days for k-1

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php?history=90

498 days for cr-1 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Php2404 said:

Hi,

We submitted our K1 application on 1st June 2022, we received a letter stating how they’ll proceed with the case. Haven’t heard anything since then. I am really worried, as it’s been 8 months since the letter arrived. I don’t have an NVC number to check the status of the visa.. when should we expect USCIS to send our application to the NVC

join that group

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Php2404 said:

How long does it take for the NVC to assign a case number from the time of submission of documents? 

Online it says 4-6 weeks, but we haven’t received any update from NVC

Read this, it will give you an idea of the current processing time of the various stages of K1 (from a NOA1 to interview stage)…

https://www.visajourney.com/times/k1-fiance-visa-historical/

You may also find lots of informative discussion in different forums in here.

Did you get your WAC number? It should be on the letter you got a week or two after submitting the K1. You can check for USCIS status updates with that number.

It just took a family member 16 mos to reach the point where he can schedule the interview at the consulate in a month or two. 😕

Just now, Daisy.Chain said:

Did you get your WAC number? It should be on the letter you got a week or two after submitting the K1. You can check for USCIS status updates with that number.

It just took a family member 16 mos to reach the point where he can schedule the interview at the consulate in a month or two. 😕

Yes I do have the WAC number and it shows the case was submitted. It has been the same since the past 7 months now 😞

On 3/3/2023 at 6:06 AM, Php2404 said:

Yes I do have the WAC number and it shows the case was submitted. It has been the same since the past 7 months now 😞

9ish more months to go (hopefully), then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.