mgul

"Xxx might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in U.S. please sumbit proof of domicile" [merged threads]

36 posts in this topic

I am a US citizen and live with my husband overseas. I submitted my New York drivers license for proof of domicile. I got a message saying "XX might not have principal residence or be domiciled in the U.S. Please submit proof of domicile." Does this mean I need to submit more proofs that I have relations in U.S? I just registered for U.S voter registration. How do I show that as a proof. I created an online account for registration. 

Also can a job offer count? It has my name but does not include an adress would that work?

I have a one way ticket to U.S will that count?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you have a lease or mortgage for the physical address where you plan on living?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mgul said:

I will be moving to my parents address in US where I lived before moving abroad. How can I show this as a proof?

Maybe have your parents draw up a simple lease agreement.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mgul said:

Can my parents write up a note and sign it saying that I will be living with them when I move to US?

Both they and you sign it 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, mgul said:

Can my parents write up a note and sign it saying that I will be living with them when I move to US?

A signed business letter will do nicely.  No need to contrive something like a lease.  You also can write your clear intentions to enter the US with or ahead of your husband and that you will both live with your parents during the transition.

8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Maybe have your parents draw up a simple lease agreement.

No need to contrive such an agreement.  A simple letter of invitation will do nicely.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

A signed business letter will do nicely.  No need to contrive something like a lease.  You also can write your clear intentions to enter the US with or ahead of your husband and that you will both live with your parents during the transition.

Is there a sample of the business letter we can follow?

My sister is in the same situation

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
8 hours ago, etrangais said:

Is there a sample of the business letter we can follow?

My sister is in the same situation

Google Business Letter format.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 2/15/2023 at 1:51 AM, pushbrk said:

No need to contrive such an agreement.  A simple letter of invitation will do nicely.

Thank you. Is it okay if only my father signs it? Or do I have to sign it too?

A letter of job offer, proof that I am searching for jobs, one way ticket back to US will also count correct? I will also add letter from parent🙏 i am an occupational therapist and have completed continuing educations hours and renewed my New York state license last year as it was my plan to come back to the US this year. Can I upload my NY therapy license and a small note explaining it as a proof of intention to move back to US?

Timeline
9 hours ago, mgul said:

A letter of job offer, proof that I am searching for jobs, one way ticket back to US will also count correct? I will also add letter from parent🙏 i am an occupational therapist and have completed continuing educations hours and renewed my New York state license last year as it was my plan to come back to the US this year. Can I upload my NY therapy license and a small note explaining it as a proof of intention to move back to US?

See bold above.  That should do nicely, all by itself.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, mgul said:

I am in the NVC stage and recieved this email. I live aborad currently. This message is saying to sumbit proof of relations in U.S correct? It is not asking for proof of residence in the country I am currentlu living in right?

If you are the petitioner/sponsor for your spouse, you must either already live in the USA, or satisfy NVC that you intend to re-establish domicile in the USA before or at the same time as your spouse.  Read carefully that section of the I-864 instructions, and decide which actions you have taken or can now take to satisfy that requirement.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.