Sam Burns

Is what is in the package from the embassy always the same for the K1?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The docs elsewhere on this site says:

Forms and Checklist sent to foreign Beneficiary (Fiance/e).

*This will be sent out within a week (typically less) from when the embassy processes the received petition. This package will include a checklist of items and paperwork that must be collected. 

do we know what is in the package or does it depend on the embassy? If we know, what is it? Our embassy will be Warsaw.

thanks!

1 hour ago, Sam Burns said:

*This will be sent out within a week (typically less) from when the embassy processes the received petition. This package will include a checklist of items and paperwork that must be collected. 

do we know what is in the package or does it depend on the embassy? If we know, what is it? Our embassy will be Warsaw.

thanks!

It is consulate-specific.

20 hours ago, Sam Burns said:

Paging @slavaskii

Need your expertise on the Warsaw consulate.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, Sam Burns said:

thanks!

Edited

https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas-fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Read

Edited by IWander

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 10:43 AM, Sam Burns said:

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Sorry I've been MIA for so long here! The documents in the email from Warsaw Embassy are the same for everyone. They contain the IMBRA disclosure, Appointment Eligibility Letter (basically, what you need for the interview and confirmation you can begin next steps), and Medical Examination Information. I think that was the email where we also got our I-129F scan back, but I could be mistaken (we 100% had it before the interview). All of these documents are available online through this page here - it's actually different from the one linked above.

To my understanding, Warsaw now requires you to have received this correspondence and your WRW number before scheduling an appointment through US Travel Docs. In any event, the medical center will ask for it. Moreover, it is absolutely imperative that you have all of the documents received from Warsaw before your interview day comes; other users had their appointments cancelled the night before because Warsaw, though having their packet, didn't actually send out the email correspondence. Again, I think that's now irrelevant, but just FYI that Warsaw will guide you through everything so long as you just wait for / follow their directions.

Lastly, Warsaw won't physically send anything to your fiance's address, so don't worry - everything is electronic to you. However, because he has a Polish address, there seems to be particular benefits; most obviously, as a resident he'll qualify for the 'expedited' resident queue when he finally gets to schedule an interview, which to my knowledge is still notably faster than the Russian/Belarusian line. He should also get that email correspondence from Warsaw pretty quickly after the packet physically arrives at the embassy, probably 2-3 weeks max. There's an inquiry form through US Travel Docs, but I think Warsaw's pretty fast on things now. They're an excellent Embassy - you can't go inside as the US Petitioner, but everyone was extremely friendly and professional. 

Please do let me know if you have any questions, and again I apologize for being inactive for a while here.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 10:03 PM, Sam Burns said:

thanks!

Where did you see the above (in yellow)? Can you please link me to that? Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, polishk1 said:

Where did you see the above (in yellow)? Can you please link me to that? Thanks. 

It’s from this website under K1 Flowchart. It was written years ago and is a very general guideline. Processes are different at each consulate and timelines are not the same, especially post pandemic.

4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

It’s from this website under K1 Flowchart. It was written years ago and is a very general guideline. Processes are different at each consulate and timelines are not the same, especially post pandemic.

Thanks for clarifying.I appreciate it. 

As of tomorrow, it's been three weeks since the Warsaw Embassy received my fiance's petition. They have not sent us any instructions or anything. It seems like I've gotten unlucky as it seems like no one recently that has gone through Warsaw has taken this long for this part of the process. 

1 hour ago, polishk1 said:

Thanks for clarifying.I appreciate it. 

As of tomorrow, it's been three weeks since the Warsaw Embassy received my fiance's petition. They have not sent us any instructions or anything. It seems like I've gotten unlucky as it seems like no one recently that has gone through Warsaw has taken this long for this part of the process. 

You need to find out if Warsaw has self-scheduling (most consulates have K1s schedule their own interviews). Usually you don’t wait for the instructions, you just go ahead and fill out DS-160.

14 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You need to find out if Warsaw has self-scheduling (most consulates have K1s schedule their own interviews). Usually you don’t wait for the instructions, you just go ahead and fill out DS-160.

So here's my timeline and more details. 

"Ready" at embassy - Feb 16 

DS-160 Completed - Feb 17 

Medical - March 8 

Interview - March 27 

Interview Instructions - ??? 

On Tuesday, our congressman received an email from the immigrant visa chief of at the Warsaw embassy saying that they are processing our case and that we shouldn't have scheduled the interview without receiving instructions (the letter only says they're ready for you). If they're not ready for us by March 27, then they will reschedule us. If they are, then we can go ahead with the appointment. 

Two other Warsaw K1 filers also had their received date on February 16. One, like us, has received nothing. The other, received an automated email asking her to fill out the DS-160 (apparently this is typically sent prior to them sending an email saying they're ready for you). 

All of this to say I'm very frustrated and exhausted from all this uncertainty. Based on VJ and others who we have been in contact with who had a K1 at the Warsaw embassy, their cases have not taken more than 2 weeks. Two Feb 2 "ready" filers, had gotten their instructions within 2 weeks. I wish they would be more transparent and helpful. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 2/8/2023 at 7:59 PM, slavaskii said:

To my understanding, Warsaw now requires you to have received this correspondence and your WRW number before scheduling an appointment through US Travel Docs.

Moreover, it is absolutely imperative that you have all of the documents received from Warsaw before your interview day comes; other users had their appointments cancelled the night before because Warsaw, though having their packet, didn't actually send out the email correspondence. Again, I think that's now irrelevant, but just FYI that Warsaw will guide you through everything so long as you just wait for / follow their directions.

Lastly, Warsaw won't physically send anything to your fiance's address, so don't worry - everything is electronic to you.

He should also get that email correspondence from Warsaw pretty quickly after the packet physically arrives at the embassy, probably 2-3 weeks max. There's an inquiry form through US Travel Docs, but I think Warsaw's pretty fast on things now. They're an excellent Embassy - you can't go inside as the US Petitioner, but everyone was extremely friendly and professional. 

Please do let me know if you have any questions, and again I apologize for being inactive for a while here.

Hi I just wanted to follow up on the bolded text - so we got our WRW number on 2nd March but we haven't received any emails from the Embassy yet, so 18 days passing. I'm thinking we need to email them or phone them. What's your advice here?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 3/20/2023 at 8:38 AM, Sam Burns said:

Hi I just wanted to follow up on the bolded text - so we got our WRW number on 2nd March but we haven't received any emails from the Embassy yet, so 18 days passing. I'm thinking we need to email them or phone them. What's your advice here?

Thanks!

Hi! You can absolutely phone Warsaw, my guess is they'll say you're still within their 'processing window,' but they could also tell you when you're eligible to submit an inquiry (I think it's done through the TravelDocs portal). I'd caution with what you say, however, as there was an instance of a filer here who managed to make an appointment pre-Packet 3 and then called Warsaw - the rep was apparently really mad, and the appointment was subsequently canceled. That account's buried somewhere on the R/U/B subforum.

I should just make sure - you got your WRW number from NVC, right, when they said they were shipping your materials to Warsaw? My recollection is that it took roughly a week for the Embassy to have physically received the documents; there used to be a 'DHL hack' of tracking your file, but everyone's always took about the same time anyway. 

My personal take is that 18 days following the last NVC email isn't much to worry about. I'd assume you'd get something by April 1, and if not, that would seem to be a good time to call. Best of luck!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.