AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Anna Hessler said:

It will take me some time to get the requests out there. But I can use this time to gather the stories. Feel free to share the email address with anyone you know who would have something good to contribute. I'm excited about this. It's really easy to brush off a letter or email. But if I'm standing there in person it'll be harder for them to ignore me. 😉

And thank you!

I am a professional writer (like, I've published short fiction and I have a literary agent) – whatever I can do to help with this, I'm keen.

Sent: June 13 2022

Received: June 16 2022

NOA1: June 17 2022

NOA2: June 26 2023

NVC Received: July 27 2023 (approx)

Case Number Received: August 17 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS seems to be working a bit faster to clear their backlog, which is fantastic. However, it's now starting to make me wonder about backlogs at the embassy's and the NVC? USCIS may be getting theirs down now, but do we think the influx in cases being processed could potentially cause bigger backlogs further along in the whole process? Yes, our approvals may come quicker on our i-129f's but I'm wondering if this will now cause the wait times for the NVC and interviews at Embassy's to go up... 

1 minute ago, KaitlinL said:

USCIS seems to be working a bit faster to clear their backlog, which is fantastic. However, it's now starting to make me wonder about backlogs at the embassy's and the NVC? USCIS may be getting theirs down now, but do we think the influx in cases being processed could potentially cause bigger backlogs further along in the whole process? Yes, our approvals may come quicker on our i-129f's but I'm wondering if this will now cause the wait times for the NVC and interviews at Embassy's to go up... 

That's a great question. I don't think there are enough k1 petitions to make a significant dent either way at the NVC stage. As far as the embassy, that depends solely on the country. Some countries, like mine, only have about 1-2 k1's a month so I don't think it would matter much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anna Hessler said:

I've actually been thinking about this for a good 6+ months. Because I really am serious about doing something to help fix immigration. 

I am a research scientist at Yale University. This is going to sound unbelievably snotty and I swear I don't mean this in an elitist way, but because of the prestige of my employment it is very easy for me to get an audience with officials in my state. I've done it before. I had an incident about a year ago where I was having an emergency and the courts and police weren't doing anything. Some higher ups at my university pulled some strings and I met directly with some state officials and got it handled. I can certainly pull some more strings and even work with journalists to get stories out there. I won't promise results, but I can get an audience. 

Getting an audience would be huge. I wrote to my senators and my representative, I've gotten two responses of the three. The problem is that both were just form letters that didn't address anything I said. I was pretty displeased to say the least.

If you or anyone else has a format of what to include in the stories it would help a lot of people I think. Also, I think stories from those that submitted when lead times were estimated at ~6 months and watched them climb month over month would be very useful.

I love seeing everyone come together and offer their resources for the good of the whole.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think the idea tbh would be great, I mean honestly the more people speak up, the more they will have to do something, but I also do think sadly we shouldn't just blame the people who are working there, but rather the people who are hiring..they're obviously understaffed **or were Idk if still are since it has been progressing now**, honestly maybe it'll motivate them even to hire more people haha. Let the numbers go up and process faster!

Tbh looking at charts super positive, more positive than FB that is for sure lol. Just gotta cheer for them and tell them they're doing a great job, so they'll maybe continue doing great **or become lazy I'd hope not**! Either way progress is progress :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

all we need is a short and sweet  daily or weekly tally  results. by this results we can see the trend if its increasing, decreasing or stays the same. then let the individual do their imagination/expeculation. have the arguments/debates done privately.

some members claim to be this and that, there is nothing wrong with that, he/she is entitled to say it, its a free country after all. 

Im here for the numbers only..for me data results speaks for itself. I´d like to thank those members who has superb data mining skills and share it here. 

12 hours ago, AndiB said:

A bunch of November filers have been getting theirs last week or two which is 14 months, they're closing in on December now.

The issue is they're still busy in Oct (15-15.5months) and a lil in sept (16 months). 

We're not 100% clear it'll be faster but we're analysising the data, it's not difficult to take backlog and divide by number they remove from backlog everyday to get an estimate on how long it'll take from now assuming pace doesn't increase/decrease. Atm I'm sitting somewhere at 12-13months for NOA2 but based on their newsletters we expect it to keep increasing pace. We just can't be sure or how fast it'll increase which is why we always say we need to wait and see. No one is adament it'll be a lot faster, just that's what the data CURRENTLY points to. If it changes, then we'd discuss that too. Best we can do is share current and everyone is free to make their assumptions 🤷‍♀️

My field is literally data analysis so I'm not making it up but I also can't really be sure of anything months in future when uscis changes rapidly from week to week. The fact they are increasing and they have a VERY optimistic goal of 6 months by October makes me think they plan to keep increasing pace. I don't think they'll reach their goals but we know they're aiming for a dramatic decrease in wait times which means big changes. Remember this time last year it was like 250/week it's now 250/day :)

Totally agreed

I just wanted to add that not only have they started with November, people with NOA1s at the end of November and even early December have heard back. So we're definitely getting shorter wait times but also its such a large range of varying wait times between people (from 16 - 13 months) so the USCIS will only report the shorter wait times when they become a bit more uniform, imo. 

I hope that's a bit of positivity your way :)

7 hours ago, New Romantics said:

It's very valuable coming from someone who has some experience.

The thread below might interest you.  The discussion is mainly about N-400 cases, but the post gives some insight on how USCIS operates in general --

1 minute ago, Chancy said:

The thread below might interest you.  The discussion is mainly about N-400 cases, but the post gives some insight on how USCIS operates in general --

Thanks!! There is actually an older Q&A somewhere on VJ with a former employee who was filing a k1 themselves. I can't find it right now but someone else might be able to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Anna Hessler said:

I've actually been thinking about this for a good 6+ months. Because I really am serious about doing something to help fix immigration. 

I am a research scientist at Yale University. This is going to sound unbelievably snotty and I swear I don't mean this in an elitist way, but because of the prestige of my employment it is very easy for me to get an audience with officials in my state. I've done it before. I had an incident about a year ago where I was having an emergency and the courts and police weren't doing anything. Some higher ups at my university pulled some strings and I met directly with some state officials and got it handled. I can certainly pull some more strings and even work with journalists to get stories out there. I won't promise results, but I can get an audience. 

It's amazing to have someone like you by our side.

It's extremely sad, that 99% of folks aren't listened to the same way, though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Guys, I saw this in a K1 group on Facebook. Her NAO1 was June of 2022 and she just received her NAO2 yesterday 😳. Everyone kept asking her if she meant that she filed in 2021 and she showed proof that she did not! 

89290E5D-2BD8-4B37-990D-82FAFE7B9034.jpeg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quimat said:

Guys, I saw this in a K1 group on Facebook. Her NAO1 was June of 2022 and she just received her NAO2 yesterday 😳. Everyone kept asking her if she meant that she filed in 2021 and she showed proof that she did not! 

89290E5D-2BD8-4B37-990D-82FAFE7B9034.jpeg

Did she answer if she expediated?

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AndiB said:

Did she answer if she expediated?

I went to look and she said she didn’t expedite but her case was transferred to a different service center so that may play a role in it 😕

Timeline
Just now, Quimat said:

I went to look and she said she didn’t expedite but her case was transferred to a different service center so that may play a role in it 😕

I think a friend messaged me about that. She ended up on Vermont didn't she which usually means criminal history + longer. It was def an odd one...

Which fb group?

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AndiB said:

I think a friend messaged me about that. She ended up on Vermont didn't she which usually means criminal history + longer. It was def an odd one...

Which fb group?

Yeah girl it sure was Vermont. I was looking a little more closely. It’s definitely odd for sure. She’s in the K-1 Visa-Visa Journey group. The one with the Stars and Stripes as the cover photo. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.