mrev

January 2023 I-130 filers

164 posts in this topic

All right friends, let's get this thread started so we can stay in touch about progress as it comes.

I'm a USC petitioner, living with my husband (New Zealand/British citizen) in Ireland. Here's what's happened with my case so far:

1/6/2023: Filed I-130 online. Got NOA1 and active review right away. NOA1 was from Nebraska.

1/7/2023: Got one of those generic "we have taken action on your case" emails. No change in the online tool, so I asked Emma to see if my case had been transferred. Agent said it was in Texas.

1/10/2023: Another of the same email. Asked Emma again out of curiosity. Case still in Texas, so perhaps the action taken was to assign it to an officer 🤷‍♀️

I'm sure we are many months out from any action,  but my engineer brain wants to understand how the operations of all this works. It's awful but sort of fascinating. 

Best of luck to you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

There’s no way to figure it out, but I would recommend you file the K3 (I-129F). It’s free to file as long as you provide the NOA1 notice of your I-130, and it could help you get approved faster, and if not, it at least gets sent to the service center your I-130 is in. That way you’ll know which service center you’re in for sure. Good luck!

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi! We applied on January 12, 2023. I live in New York City, I moved back to go to nursing school here. While my husband lives in France still. We got our first NOA on the exact same day. So maybe I should ask Emma if we have been transferred. It did say it should take about 12 months for an answer!! Good luck to everyone!

Our timeline so far:

1/11/2023: Filed online, got NOA1 and was put into AR1 within a few hours. Service center was Potomac. I've checked with Emma twice since then, and both times they said it's in Texas now. Since Texas is generally faster, that's great. 
1/20/2023: Sent in our I-129f/K-3. Some stories of people cutting down their approval times by filing K-3, so we figured it was worth a shot. It will be interesting to see if the NOA for the 129f will come from Texas or not. 

It would have been better if the IOE receipt numbers you get from USCIS were sequential like they are for K-1 filers, as you could check other people's status and see the rate at which they're getting approved etc. But I haven't been able to make any sense of them. 

Edited by IntrusiveThief

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a USC, my husband is in Cambodia. We're currently living separately because of my job 😓 but I visit him every ~3 months. Here's our timeline:

• 1/17/2023: Filed I-130 online. Case moved to actively reviewing after a few hours. Receipt Notice indicates Nebraska.
  • 1/18/2023: Received a "We have taken an action on your case" email, but upon login, there were no apparent changes.
  • 1/19/2023: Received another "We have taken an action on your case" email, but upon login, there were no apparent changes (again).

I have not yet reached out to Emma to ask if maybe my case was transferred to another SC. I'll reach out on Monday (1/23).

I also plan on sending a request to withdraw my I-129F for K-1 that I submitted in Nov 2022 and, separately, a new I-129F for K-3.

Edited by bck86

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, camerlotte2019 said:

Hello - hoping to file next weekend. Can I ask if you all filed online and if so, that it was a seamless process? I've heard that there are a few glitches which makes me nervous. Thank you!

Hi! I filed online and had no issues. Just be aware that on the weekends the site is down sometimes for a bit. At least that’s what I experienced!

Edited by Kell & Dam

Good day everyone I filed i130 for both my parents last January 13 and immediately received both of their receipts and NOA online via Nebraska service Center. After couple days received an email that they have taken an action on both my parents cases. But no changes on the uscis website when I checked so I asked Emma and was told my moms case is now in California while my dads case is in Texas.also tried to expedite thru Emma just tried and was both denied oh well .

Still waiting for any updates hopefully it gets to AR status soon so I can request to expedite again.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am Canadian, My husband (US Citizen living in Philadelphia) filed the I130 for myself and my son on January 26 through our immigration lawyer. I think the lawyer filed it online. 

On February 4th he recieved a receipt of filing letter in the mail with our receipt numbers. 

It shows a priority date of January 26 and a notice date of January 31. It is apparently being processed at the Potomac office. 

That is the only thing we have received so far. 

Edited by Adraria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, IntrusiveThief said:

Our timeline so far:

1/11/2023: Filed online, got NOA1 and was put into AR1 within a few hours. Service center was Potomac. I've checked with Emma twice since then, and both times they said it's in Texas now. Since Texas is generally faster, that's great. 
1/20/2023: Sent in our I-129f/K-3. Some stories of people cutting down their approval times by filing K-3, so we figured it was worth a shot. It will be interesting to see if the NOA for the 129f will come from Texas or not. 

It would have been better if the IOE receipt numbers you get from USCIS were sequential like they are for K-1 filers, as you could check other people's status and see the rate at which they're getting approved etc. But I haven't been able to make any sense of them. 

Are they not sequential? I'm not sure if it is because it was filed at the same time but we had to file separate I130 documents for me and my son. Our numbers are identical except the last number which his is one off from mine. 

2 hours ago, Adraria said:

Are they not sequential? I'm not sure if it is because it was filed at the same time but we had to file separate I130 documents for me and my son. Our numbers are identical except the last number which his is one off from mine. 

Nope, they're randomly assigned. I asked the guy who runs hilites.today, because he tracks a range of IOE numbers, and he confirmed that there's no logic to them. In your case, I think that was only because you filed them concurrently and because both I-130s are linked, and will most likely be approved at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I am US Citizen and filed I-130 for my wife on 17th Jan 2023 online. Got immediate payment receipt notice in email on same day from USCIS. It mentions Potomac as Service center in receipt and Estimated time until case decision as 5 months. Now it is showing 4 months now after 6 weeks back. Now for last 6 weeks USCIS case status just says "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent". Other than this no further updates. Looks like USCIS have not started reviewing the CASE yet. Is this normal for no change in status for last 6 weeks? Anything I can do to find out details regarding case status and processing time required?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.