14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello there. We are in the process of completing our AOS application along with I-864 & I-765. My husband entered on a K1 and we married last month. I need confirmation. Will we be mailing our AOS packet to the Chicago Lock Box since we live IN California?

Thanks you 

At the very moment of typing this answer, that is correct. 

They change often. 

Do your due diligence and check the I485 direct filing addresses link on the forms website on the day you mail it. 

Also helpful is joining your month's VJ AOS filing thread where you can get help from your filing peers about the basics. 

Why? That info will be current.

Whereas two years from now, if a newbie finds this thread the answer may be false. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

are you filing I-131 as well?

No, no at all

44 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

At the very moment of typing this answer, that is correct. 

They change often. 

Do your due diligence and check the I485 direct filing addresses link on the forms website on the day you mail it. 

Also helpful is joining your month's VJ AOS filing thread where you can get help from your filing peers about the basics. 

Why? That info will be current.

Whereas two years from now, if a newbie finds this thread the answer may be false. 

OK thanks. We will be mailing our application tomorrow 🙏🏿

Timeline
2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You should, it’s free.

It's okay. But thank you, I appreciate it. My fiancé is ready to start working.We are mailing our packet tomorrow. 

T

24 minutes ago, RamiZest said:

It's okay. But thank you, I appreciate it.

Make sure you don't regret this decision. You never know if he needs to travel urgently in the future. Green cards take up to 2 years nowadays. A lot can happen in the 2 years requiring international travel.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

Oh well in that case, I have printed the I-131 form and will fill it out asap. Anything else I need to know before I submit my AOS packet tomorrow? 

I appreciate all of your input so much

12 minutes ago, RamiZest said:

Oh well in that case, I have printed the I-131 form and will fill it out asap. Anything else I need to know before I submit my AOS packet tomorrow? 

I appreciate all of your input so much

1. G-1145 form (free) if you want to get notification when petition is received by USCIS.

2. I wouldn't recomment cashier's check or especially credit card for payment. Cashier's check - because you don't know when it's used by USCIS. Credit card because transaction can get denied. Personal check is the best in my opinion (as long as you keep required $$$$ in checking account). This way you would know when USCIS cashes it. This gives you an idea your case was accepted.

Good luck!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, OldUser said:

1. G-1145 form (free) if you want to get notification when petition is received by USCIS.

2. I wouldn't recomment cashier's check or especially credit card for payment. Cashier's check - because you don't know when it's used by USCIS. Credit card because transaction can get denied. Personal check is the best in my opinion (as long as you keep required $$$$ in checking account). This way you would know when USCIS cashes it. This gives you an idea your case was accepted.

Good luck!

Perfect, got it. Thanks 👍🏾

Timeline
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Make sure you don't regret this decision. You never know if he needs to travel urgently in the future. Green cards take up to 2 years nowadays. A lot can happen in the 2 years requiring international travel.

Okay so Part 3 asks for a "Date of Intended Departure" and "Length of Stay". We don't have this information. Must we put a date? 

16 minutes ago, RamiZest said:

Okay so Part 3 asks for a "Date of Intended Departure" and "Length of Stay". We don't have this information. Must we put a date? 

Put something like "To be determined" or N/A

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.