JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
49 minutes ago, L & Dave said:

Here are the results.  I'm not sure if yours was in this shipment.  I used EXP 01 MAR 2023A as the reference number and searched by New Zealand.

image.thumb.png.6fa9ffd879b45214e24b4f7a5648af30.png

Wow thank you so much!! 😭🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Noa 2 Jan 31

We called uscis and the agent told us that the case was sent to nvc on last friday March 3rd. However until today nvc still telling us that they don't have the case...

does anyone know how long does it take from "usics sent" to "nvc received"? (Not trying to get it into the system yet, but only nvc received/waiting for data entry)
kinda worried if it's lost during transfer (since sending things feom CA to NH takes only few days in general...)

thank you!

Edited by Giselaa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally NVCINQUIRY replied back with the case number! So, now the wait is for the official welcome letter when they send it to the embassy. 

Anyone know how long that would take? For them to send it out to the embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, kardib said:

Finally NVCINQUIRY replied back with the case number! So, now the wait is for the official welcome letter when they send it to the embassy. 

Anyone know how long that would take? For them to send it out to the embassy?

Next NVC Shipping Date is for Wed/Thu next week so expect to receive it on the Petitioner's email by then. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

Our case is now Ready.

"Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal." To my understanding, I'm waiting for a packet to fill out and then send back before I can schedule an interview, correct?

Your embassy should send you a packet with instructions for all the things you need to accomplish for the interview, and submit some of them before you/they can schedule your interview.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:39 AM, Giselaa said:

Noa 2 Jan 31

We called uscis and the agent told us that the case was sent to nvc on last friday March 3rd. However until today nvc still telling us that they don't have the case...

does anyone know how long does it take from "usics sent" to "nvc received"? (Not trying to get it into the system yet, but only nvc received/waiting for data entry)
kinda worried if it's lost during transfer (since sending things feom CA to NH takes only few days in general...)

thank you!

Hey! My NOA2 was Jan 30 but when I called USCIS yesterday they told me it hasn’t been sent yet. So I am not sure if it didn’t make the March 3rd shipping like yours did. Does your cases status show as sent on your uscis ? I am worried mine got left behind as ppl with later NOA2 are getting case number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 6:39 AM, Giselaa said:

Noa 2 Jan 31

thank you!

My NOA2 was January 10 and I didn't get confirmation that it was received until February 24, which was 45 days later.  Still waiting for data entry 😫

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Noa2 1/31/23

NVC inquiry sent and received case # 03/06/23. Completed DS160 application as advised by another member and printed confirmation page. I dont have welcome letter yet but once received is there a designated place online in CEAC to upload forms or will beneficiary have to print the documents and take to interview?

Please advise.

Timeline

Also covid vaccine needed or not needed before scheduling interview? Seems like they weren't at one point. Then they were and now since they are possibly ending the emergency nationwide in May or so-not sure what the concensus is at this moment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 3/12/2023 at 7:59 AM, Yori5 said:

Hey! My NOA2 was Jan 30 but when I called USCIS yesterday they told me it hasn’t been sent yet. So I am not sure if it didn’t make the March 3rd shipping like yours did. Does your cases status show as sent on your uscis ? I am worried mine got left behind as ppl with later NOA2 are getting case number. 

I got a inquiry response from NVC today that they have recieved the petition and its waiting for data entry. So I guess it took about 5-7 business days for NVC to receive after USCIS sent. 

You can call USCIS again for the exact date of case being sent. Some of the agents are useless, they simply tell you they don´t know or it´s not sent because they don´t even check it for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 8:15 AM, Lalaloopsy said:

Next NVC Shipping Date is for Wed/Thu next week so expect to receive it on the Petitioner's email by then. Good luck!

Case status on NVC now says in Transit though I have not received the welcome letter yet. 

Is that normal?

Also how can I track the shipment? It's going to Montreal. 

Thanks!

Timeline

I got my notice in an email today that our petition is in transit to embassy. It came to me the petitioner via email when i tried to open it on my phone it wouldn't. Something to do with converting the file on desktop first. Finally was able to open it and I'm not sure it's a welcome letter. It's almost like an NOA3 giving the case ID and address to embassy in beneficiary country. Nonetheless goodbye NVC hello embassy stage!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.