Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

I received a letter yesterday extending my GC for 48 months (4yrs) from its expiration… it is ridiculous how long the wait is for processing the removal of conditions! I am so happy that my N400 is being “actively reviewed” I am really hoping it is ready to schedule an interview by the end of the month!

for those of you with scheduled interviews, how long was your petition in the “review” stage before it changed to “ready to schedule”? 

On 3/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, yoda one for me said:

This is an excellent reminder to get our ducks in a row in advance of the interview. It never hurts to be prepared! 

Best of luck to Mrs Sarge & others with imminent interviews ❤️  

What is a combo interview? I just submitted mine today and I hope to travel in may for 10 days and I’m not sure if that’s a good choice but then again USCIS takes forever to process so I’m hoping it’s safe.

23 minutes ago, Kyuutie said:

What is a combo interview? I just submitted mine today and I hope to travel in may for 10 days and I’m not sure if that’s a good choice but then again USCIS takes forever to process so I’m hoping it’s safe.

Combo interview is  a I-751 and N-400 interview combined.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Combo interview is  a I-751 and N-400 interview combined.

Is there anyone who filed in Dallas TX ? Any movement?

6 minutes ago, duty said:

Is there anyone who filed in Dallas TX ? Any movement?

I'm in that area, but you don't necessarily file in Dallas it's online, Dallas is the local office you will interview in Dallas though. My wife has an interview next month!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, KenandBina said:

I received a letter yesterday extending my GC for 48 months (4yrs) from its expiration… it is ridiculous how long the wait is for processing the removal of conditions! I am so happy that my N400 is being “actively reviewed” I am really hoping it is ready to schedule an interview by the end of the month!

for those of you with scheduled interviews, how long was your petition in the “review” stage before it changed to “ready to schedule”? 

Filed: Jan 4

Biometrics taken: Jan 26; once taken, case tracker said actively being reviewed

Interview letter issued: Mar. 6

Interview: Apr. 10

I wouldn't meet the 3 year requirement until April 1.  I also front loaded my petition pretty heavily.  I don't have many documents listed on the interview letter that I actually have to bring to the interview.  

Mine is not a combo interview; I entered the US on an IR-1. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

25 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Filed: Jan 4

Biometrics taken: Jan 26; once taken, case tracker said actively being reviewed

Interview letter issued: Mar. 6

Interview: Apr. 10

I wouldn't meet the 3 year requirement until April 1.  I also front loaded my petition pretty heavily.  I don't have many documents listed on the interview letter that I actually have to bring to the interview.  

Mine is not a combo interview; I entered the US on an IR-1. 

Better read your interview letter again. You mentioned you did not have much to bring. The letter states if you submitted documents online then you should bring the originals with you to the interview. We all know they might now even ask to see them and what you uploaded is enough, but you gonna take that chance you get a IO in a bad mood that day. My wife's interview is on April 11th.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Better read your interview letter again. You mentioned you did not have much to bring. The letter states if you submitted documents online then you should bring the originals with you to the interview. We all know they might now even ask to see them and what you uploaded is enough, but you gonna take that chance you get a IO in a bad mood that day. My wife's interview is on April 11th.

Nope.  I know to read carefully.  We've successively petitioned hub's N-400 and our petitions (myself and 2 kids) from FP categories with "upgrade" part way through to IR categories and now my N-400.  

List: 

- this letter

- Your Alien Registration Card

- And evidence of Selective Service Registration

-Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the United States

- Those items noted below which are applicable to you

If applying for NATURALIZATIONAS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen:

- Your marriage certificate

- Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse

- Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship

It does say "if copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview".  Fine - because any ID's provided are listed as needed anyway (DL, passports, birth certificates, NEXUS).  But, evidence like boarding passes from trips taken were digital, not physical.  

Regardless, I know better and will take everything.  I still have my folder of all gathered evidence for my 2020 consular interview for our I-130's.  I still have my L1 petitions from 2013 & 2016.  USCIS creates PTSD and instils hoarding behaviors for documents!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

So, interesting thing today, logged into my USCIS account for a random check and it said my processing time had increased to 7 months, which was a big surprise as it was at 5 months.

Then I noticed a case status update saying that my interview has been scheduled March 27th and a letter for the interview notice is being mailed.

Checked documents and the interview letter is there, printed it off and have a date of May 2nd!

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

13 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

So, interesting thing today, logged into my USCIS account for a random check and it said my processing time had increased to 7 months, which was a big surprise as it was at 5 months.

Then I noticed a case status update saying that my interview has been scheduled March 27th and a letter for the interview notice is being mailed.

Checked documents and the interview letter is there, printed it off and have a date of May 2nd!

January N400 filers have been hot with getting their interviews scheduled. I think quite a few of us have either been interviewed or have interview dates already.

Citizenship Complete!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

January N400 filers have been hot with getting their interviews scheduled. I think quite a few of us have either been interviewed or have interview dates already.

Felt like my case had gone cold, especially with the jump up to 7 months.

I just hate the idea of printing out entire tax returns to take with me (I didn't know about the tax transcripts until after I submitted).

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

32 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

Felt like my case had gone cold, especially with the jump up to 7 months.

I just hate the idea of printing out entire tax returns to take with me (I didn't know about the tax transcripts until after I submitted).

If your interview is not until May there is a good chance that if you order now the transcripts you'd have them before then!

Citizenship Complete!

15 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

If your interview is not until May there is a good chance that if you order now the transcripts you'd have them before then!

I actually have the transcripts that were available on the IRS site, hoping to file for 2022 soon so will have that.

By ordering, are you saying I can contact the IRS and order the older ones as well?

NOA - Nov 27, 2012.

1 hour ago, kiwirst said:

I actually have the transcripts that were available on the IRS site, hoping to file for 2022 soon so will have that.

By ordering, are you saying I can contact the IRS and order the older ones as well?

Yes you can order what you need, I think they go back several years. Do it on their website. Even if you get them by mail they should arrive before your interview.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.