591 posts in this topic

Timeline
Just now, johnnyI129F said:

02/16/2021 ?! Is it LIN ? and did you submit inquiry yet ? What was the response ?

WAC. I know it sounds quite ridiculous, face palm, but I have a quite complicated waiver combo which includes a painful DV 💩show. It hasn't been any easy on my entire USCIS journey since day one, so I kinda get used to the whole waiting game.

No, I didn't submit any inquiry, which according to my attorney, it's won't make any difference besides filing N-400. For any VAWA case, you can't even get through the phone due to the special nature of the case, the USCIS is super protective, the agent on the phone would directly tell you that you don't have any case in their system, the case number is invalid (since everything is redacted), no further comment, and they would hang up the phone super quickly. Mailing would be the only option, since VAWA has a completely different system/ bureau address. 

Fingers crossed that all the positive energy from this December thread can pass onto me, so that sooner or later I can share some good news to y'all as well. ❤️

📊 I-751 ROC with Waivers📅    California Service Center (WAC)                            📊 N-400  📅    Phoenix AZ Lockbox

02/11/21  I-751 mailed out by USPS                                                                                                 11/30/22  N-400 mailed out by USPS 
02/13/21  PO BOX Received                                                                                                                 12/02/22  PO BOX Received  (Priority Date)

02/16/21  Case Was Received, $680 check went through                                                12/06/22  NOA Receipt Date 

03/31/21  NOA Date                                                                                                                                  12/08/22  NOA2 Online Account Access &  NOA3 Biometrics Waived  - NBC

04/05/21  Receive NOA by mail                                                                                                         12/08/22  Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS  

10/19/21  2nd NOA for 24 months extension                                                                             12/14/22  Receive NOA by mail       

07/15/22  NOA -- Biometrics Appt @ 08/02/22                                                      12/16/22  Receive NOA2 & NOA3 by mail  

07/26/22  Bio letter arrived                                                                                       04/04/23  Interview NOA issued, Combo Interview Expected on 05/09/23 (04/11/23 NOA received by mail)

08/02/22  Biometrics Appt                                                                                        05/09/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot

08/02/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                         05/12/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 06/21/23

12/16/22  Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction                    06/21/23 Interview Canceled/De-Scheduled on the spot AGAIN

12/17/22  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken                          11/17/23 Interview NOA issued, rescheduled for 01/03/24

03/10/23  3rd NOA for 48 months extension received                                                                           (after expedite request letters, InfoPass, congressional inquiry)

01/04/24  NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!!!!                                                                                                                                                                         ......         

01/10/24  Card Was Mailed To Me                                                                                                    01/03/2024 THE 3RD TIME IS THE CHARM! COME ON!!! Or not...

Oh well, they don't have my case file at the field office, after another 4-hour wait, interview canceled and de-scheduled for the 3RD time...

01/05/2024  2nd Congressional Inquiry Submitted 

01/30/2024  Interview NOA issued, the 4th one got rescheduled on 03/07/24  LMAO

the waitING game continued ...

1 minute ago, 46610Besixdouze said:

Hi,

I passed my interview and tests today, and my status now says I was placed in line for an oath, after briefly saying for a few hours my case was approved and going under quality review. I can't wait to see when my oat will be, the officer said 3-6 weeks for the letter to arrive. 

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! 🥳 

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long to find out when your oath ceremony is. It's so weird how they do it differently from field office to field office. In Phoenix they give you the letter right after you pass the interview.

May 25, 2004: Got married in Denmark
June 8, 2004: Received passport with new last name
June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot
June 18, 2004: Received letter of appointment plus packet 4
August 5, 2004: Interview at U.S. embassy - APPROVED!!!
August 19, 2004: Went back to the U.S. with my husband
May 27, 2006: Filed I-751
July 25, 2006: I-751 approved!

March 13, 2016: Filed I-90 for Permanent Resident Card renewal

March 22, 2016: Received letter of appointment for biometrics appointment

April 8, 2016: Biometrics appointment

September 21, 2016: I-90 approved

December 27, 2022: Filed N400 for US citizenship

December 27, 2022: Biometrics reused

February 2, 2023: Interview notice received

March 10, 2023: N400 approved 

March 10, 2023: Oath ceremony notice provided right after interview 

March 24: Oath ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, AHC_2015 said:

My oath ceremony was today.

The appointment letter said that it was at 12:30pm and to be there no more than 30 minutes before. We got to the courthouse at 11:45am and no one else was at the security checkpoint so we got through in a minute.

We stood outside the courtroom until 12:40pm at which point they told the people that were being naturalized to enter the courtroom while friends and family had to stay outside (they were allowed in later). They had us all sit on the benches and then verified that those who were present were actually scheduled to take the oath today. I had filled out the back of the appointment letter and signed it but then the lady tells us that the city and state in the first line should say Phoenix, AZ even if we live in another part of Phoenix (such as Gilbert, Chandler, etc.) or another city. Good thing I brought a pen with me so that I could correct it. They then had everyone line up to hand over their green card(s). Afterwards we were shown where to sit. On the chair was the packet with the voter registration form, passport form, an American flag, etc.

After that it was a whole lot of waiting to get everyone checked in and seated. Eventually we were told about how to apply for a passport, there was a lady who explained how to sign up to vote and a lady from the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution gave a short speech and they handed out American flags pins to everyone.

The judge didn't show up until 1:40pm and the monitor in the lobby did say that the ceremony wasn't until 1:30pm so 12:30pm was just the check-in time. 

Anyway, we did the oath of allegiance, the pledge of allegiance and they played the national anthem.

They had also asked for three volunteers to come up and speak for a couple of minutes about their journey to become citizens. Finally the judge gave a brief speech and then they handed out the certificates. After that we were free to go or we could stay and have our picture taken with the judge. We were done just after 2:00pm.

It says outside the courtroom that phones must be turned off, but they said that you're allowed to take pictures and videos inside the courtroom. You just need to keep your phone on silent.

So, that's it for me! 😀

Hearty Congratulations and many thanks for the detailed write up, it was exciting to read and visualize! 

I just got done with biometrics today(Houston), so my waiting game has just started 😄

1 minute ago, springguy said:

Hearty Congratulations and many thanks for the detailed write up, it was exciting to read and visualize! 

I just got done with biometrics today(Houston), so my waiting game has just started 😄

Thank you! Hopefully your interview will be scheduled soon! 😀

June 11, 2004: Went to the U.S. embassy in Denmark to file the I-130 and DS-230 - approved on the spot

13 hours ago, AHC_2015 said:

Just read your timeline on your signature and man oh man didn't you just choose the right-est of times to do your processes huh? Everything took 3 months or less 😮 I think if you had tried for citizenship back in 2016 it wouldn't have been this faster either so really good timing on everything! I would like to say congrats and (playfully) now get out of here!!!! 🤣

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

3 hours ago, jackiegringa said:

Just read your timeline on your signature and man oh man didn't you just choose the right-est of times to do your processes huh? Everything took 3 months or less 😮 I think if you had tried for citizenship back in 2016 it wouldn't have been this faster either so really good timing on everything! I would like to say congrats and (playfully) now get out of here!!!! 🤣

Thank you! Yeah, my green card wasn't expiring until 2026 so I guess I could have waited. When I finally decided to go for it I was checking timelines and now seemed like a good time with the fast processing. There's no way I could have renewed my green card in three months. 🤣

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/24/2023 at 8:33 PM, AHC_2015 said:

Guess what - your wishes came true! 

My interview got scheduled (May 2nd). Exactly one business day after biometrics. Did not expect it to be so fast. My wife and I, both have same day, same time appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Skon said:

Finally got my interview scheduled in May!! What did you use for studying? How much did you actually study? Most of the questions are either common knowledge or I already learned in college 

Congratulations on the appointment.  And that is a great question. I am currently studying for my interview that is scheduled for April 18th. And I could use some advise as well. 

I found a YouTube video last night that i found incredibly useful because it has the 100 civics test questions categoried into groups which makes it super easy to remember especially that some of these questions are kind of similar. This is the video link: 

I bookmarked it and I am planning on playing it on repeat lol. 

I also looked up some videos for common mistakes, or mock interviews, or documents to bring. (Or even the writing test if you are nervous about spelling like I am, I swear these auto-correct features on our phones and computers are a double edged sword lol) I don't have specific ones to recommend but a YouTube search will give you an abundance of videos.

Also something that was helpful is a video that explains traffic tickets and how you are supposed to report them, since I have one traffic ticket and the official wording was confusing.

I am waiting for other people's suggestions as well. 

Good luck on your interview!

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

11 minutes ago, Nag & Matt said:

Congratulations on the appointment.  And that is a great question. I am currently studying for my interview that is scheduled for April 18th. And I could use some advise as well. 

I found a YouTube video last night that i found incredibly useful because it has the 100 civics test questions categoried into groups which makes it super easy to remember especially that some of these questions are kind of similar. This is the video link: 

I bookmarked it and I am planning on playing it on repeat lol. 

I also looked up some videos for common mistakes, or mock interviews, or documents to bring. (Or even the writing test if you are nervous about spelling like I am, I swear these auto-correct features on our phones and computers are a double edged sword lol) I don't have specific ones to recommend but a YouTube search will give you an abundance of videos.

Also something that was helpful is a video that explains traffic tickets and how you are supposed to report them, since I have one traffic ticket and the official wording was confusing.

I am waiting for other people's suggestions as well. 

Good luck on your interview!

Thanks for sharing the video! Keep in mind that some questions change with elections or other events. e.g leader of house representatives changed lately 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Skon said:

Thanks for sharing the video! Keep in mind that some questions change with elections or other events. e.g leader of house representatives changed lately 

Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out. 

The video has the speaker of the house wrong. It is Kevin McCarthy now. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/1/2023 at 8:49 AM, Ludovic UK said:

My interview was just scheduled for April 4th, San Francisco field office (NOA 1 - 12/13/2022)!

Good luck everyone, can't wait to never think of the USCIS again.

How is your prep work is going ? Please update your experience after the interview...Good Luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/1/2023 at 8:33 PM, Bujjigaadu said:

How is your prep work is going ? Please update your experience after the interview...Good Luck...

Did my interview today and was approved!! I honestly did very little prep, I used the 'Citizen Now' app to practice for the civics test but that was it. They only asked for my appointment confirmation letter, drivers license, passport, and green card. No other documents were requested. They asked me 5 of the civics questions, then asked me to read a sentence out loud and write a sentence into an iPad, they might have gone easy here because I am an English speaker. But it was pretty simple, once I was approved they asked if I'd like to do the oath ceremony at the same time, I did that also today and got my naturalization certificate. 

There was a big line outside the building, but after asking some people I realized that was for ICE registration, USCIS can go straight in. 

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.