Fatima.a

What supporting evidence do I provide for the I-134 affidavit of support?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am working on filling out the I-134 affidavit of support for my fiance. I needed a co-sponsor so I am trying to collect everything I need for evidence. So far, I have one pay stub,  2021 tax return, and W2 form for 2021. Do I need anything else? The cosponsor's income is enough and I do not need to add assets. I read online somewhere that a letter from the bank is required to include information of how much was deposited within a year and what his current balance is, but he tried getting that and the Bank was not able to provide it, which is why we have monthly summaries of his deposits. I also read we need a letter from his employer, but the thing is he works in a corporate and has no contact with his employers or managers as they are always out of state. Do you guys thing what I have so far is sufficient? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:27 AM, Parallel Oddling said:

You have a good start (bank statements, W-2, 2021 taxes and a pay stub), see if you can gather several months more worth of pay stubs. 

Regards to the bank letter, my bank would also not give me one unless USCIS themselves faxed them (bank) requesting it, which I obviously could not accomplish. So I just decided to print several months (past 5-6) of bank statements indicating withdrawals/deposits as well as total in account to provide for evidence. I do not think it is necessary to have bank a letter as it is only needed if you will be using assets to show as proof as sponsoring. If you have a current job and a co-sponsor lined up, I wouldn't worry too much about the bank letter therefore the

statements should suffice. 

Employee letter is also something I could not attain from my employer as the HR Dept. refused to and suggested that I request one from Equifax. Basically its a service through them called the 'The Work Number' and once you make an account and verify your identity, it will show all the years that you have worked anywhere (provided employer reported it as some are not in the program), current/former salary at that place and what position held, etc. There are some directions you can follow on the site and generate a report which you can print and bring to the interview. 

Hopefully this helps narrow out what else you need, good luck.

Thank you so much!! So is tax returns accepted? Someone is telling me only IRS transcripts are accepted, do you know if the tax return file is allowed by any chance?

Hello everyone!
I have a question, I’m getting worried about the evidence for the I-134 for K1visa. I sent my Fiancé the tax returns but someone told him that only the IRS transcript is accepted by the embassy? Is this true? I also gave him the W2, pay stubs and bank statements for the past 12 months. Are we overthinking? Or will the tax returns be okay? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Many consulates prefer IRS transcripts.  I would request the transcripts and have them ready in case the consulate requests them, or if you have time before the interview, send them.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Many consulates prefer IRS transcripts.  I would request the transcripts and have them ready in case the consulate requests them, or if you have time before the interview, send them.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately his interview is this Tuesday, and the co sponsor is not in town. Im really hoping the tax returns will suffice :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please do not start more than once thread for the same or related questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 12/10/2022 at 5:23 PM, Ontarkie said:

~~Related threads merged. Please do not start more than once thread for the same or related questions.~~

Oops Sorry! I still don’t know how to use this site lol

On 12/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, Dashinka said:

Good Luck!

Thanks so much! I was able to obtain it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.