Saihtiam

November 2022 I-130 Filers

66 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Just filed I-130 and I-130a online and we got a notification of receipt on USCIS that I believe is the NOA 1. Now starts the long wait for NOA2. I hope it's not too long but I know that realistically we're looking at a wait for about a year. Fortunately we're lucky and we've been living together (out of the US) since we've been married, so we won't have to do long distance anymore. 

It looks like our case was sent to Nebraska which I hear is a fast one? 

I noticed that there isn't a thread for Nov 2022 filers yet so I figured this one could be it. Stressing out Waiting is more fun when it's done with others who are in the same boat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Mine was originally sent to Nebraska too, but was later transferred to Vermont at it took 13 months so they might transfer yours to and they wont send you a notice either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

mine was in Nebraska (back then the slowest) and after 10 months transfered to Missouri 

my notice said "for faster processing " (another 6 months)

In reality the processing times change from month to month according to work load 

fastest offices get transfers from other offices and then the added work load makes them slower

so,  be patient, yours is not a high fraud country and that is a big plus on the whole

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate hearing how others have/are managing. 

I know patience is key. In the mean time I'll try to check if mine was sent somewhere else. 

Welcome to the November club! So glad to have some company. 

Yes, I also filed online and I received the same notification. I checked again yesterday (after submitting a week ago) and there's no change. It says my estimated wait time is 9 months. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a few questions that are driving me crazy. Backstory: back in may 22 i filed a I-120F. After much consideration my boyfriend at the time and me decided to get marry and withdraw our I-129F App. We got married 10/18/22 he is in Chile.  I got back to the states and filed 2 I-130 One for my dad and One for my now husband ( im a US citizen). they were both file on the same date and they both have a receipt date of 11/14 but i got a Account Acceptance notice  for my dad and it says they are actively reviewing his case but nothing for my husband just the receipt. 

Our lawyer said it was okay to sent our withdrawn latter after submitting the i-130 and i did that today.

QUESTIONS:

Why my dad's case got the Account Acceptance Notice and not my husband's?

Can it be because they are waiting for the withdraw letter ? 

How long until i get the    Account Acceptance notice for my husband?

and is this all normal? 

Received date 11/14/22 for my Dad

Actively reviewing 11/23/22

Received date 11/14/22 for my Husband. 

And not actively reviewing yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Carolina, 

I'm sorry but I don't know how to respond to your questions. I would make make a different thread and ask the question. You might get more responses? 

I hope you get good news! 

Happy holidays!

• 3 weeks later...

Another November 2022 filer here! Hello everyone, nice to know we're not alone in the wait.

With a question right out of the gate. When I try checking the case online at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/ I get the following error message:

You have the following errors:

• Error: The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

I'm 100% certain the receipt number is correct. The case status when logged in is also unavailable. Should I be worried?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 5:18 PM, LincKay said:

@ekster We got the same error message !! I tried several times. My husband submitted the petition 13thNov2022 and had a receipt dated 15thNov2022 but we are unsure how to check case status. 

Since I-130 is filled online, have you tried login to the account? Thats how I check my status.

Also - my case was transferred from Potomac to Vermont. No Notice - found from live chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, another November 2022 filer here. I filed for my parents and my younger brother on November 25, 2022. As of now all its been saying is case is being actively reviewed. wait times are 3 months, 7 months and 9 months. This process is annoying even though we just started. My husband filed for me in 2018 it took five months to get an approved letter then two the whole process took one year and four months hopefully that helped anyone filing for their spouse. Also I use to live in Jamaica, good luck to everyone.

• 1 month later...

Hello, it’s nice to see a group of Nov 2022 filers here! Thank you for creating this thread. We filed our I-130 on Nov 2, it has been 5 months now. We were originally at the Nebraska center, but an inquiry thru Emma revealed that we’ve been transferred to Texas. This whole ordeal really requires a lot of patience. I wish us all good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.