Mcjz

APPLICANT is SPECIAL NEED PERSON only child F2B visa pending in NVC.. wants to apply for B2 visa

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would not put it that brutally but that was the basis I was coming from

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Most health insurances won’t take her because it’s a pre- existing condition.

Actually, this has not been legal for years, and it was codified via the ACA.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:29 AM, JeanneAdil said:

can either parent naturalize?

the visa type would change

however,  the parents need to study ,  really study the cost to take care of the daughter 

I worked as a PT with patients that had mental,  physical and emotional disabilties in unstate NY

our CP and MS patients were housed in facilities special for their illnesses /   this and /or care at home is extremely expensive since she would not have medicaid or SSI 

Check out your area / u may well find that supporting her back in her country is the most feasible way to go 

u must also face the possibility that the visa will not be approved

and you all have my most sincere sorrow for this situation 

Thanks .. 

On 11/4/2022 at 4:35 AM, JeanneAdil said:

OP 

u are also assuming the F2b would be approved and it may well be denied

u need to look into long term care back home (for your niece you also call "our child")

F2B could be granted than B2.. I also look for long term benefits for my niece.. as u say ur PT u know how CP patient going through when attack comes.. I’m so scared about that.. we just lucky I can attend her when she going through this . I can give her treatment to revive her in normal.. I’m not the one 24/7 take care of her.. I keep summon my sister to stay here and look after her daughter but she in between thoughts cause her husband need her as well 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mcjz said:

F2B could be granted than B2.. I also look for long term benefits for my niece.. as u say ur PT u know how CP patient going through when attack comes.. I’m so scared about that.. we just lucky I can attend her when she going through this . I can give her treatment to revive her in normal.. I’m not the one 24/7 take care of her.. I keep summon my sister to stay here and look after her daughter but she in between thoughts cause her husband need her as well 

Best to visit a local dr and /or a CP facility near u to understand the illness

All people with CP have problems with movement and posture. Many also have related conditions such as intellectual disability; seizures; problems with vision, hearing, or speech; changes in the spine (such as scoliosis); or joint problems (such as contractures).

the condition is progrssive and muscle movement deteriortes but how fast (or slow ) can not be predicted 

Drs will want to give drugs to control the seiures / make sure u read about each prescription as all drugs have side effects (dialtin is the most used one for seizures)  but its not considered a drug of abuse 

The most common side effects of DILANTIN include irregular movement of the eye, problems with walking and coordination, slurred speech, trouble sleeping, confusion, dizziness, nervousness, tremor, headache, and nausea.

to u my very best wishes if her visa is granted / its a hard road to take care o someone 24 hours a day / i was only with my handicapped clients 8 hours a day and its physcially and emotionally draining .  Get good professional help to guide u 

Edited by JeanneAdil

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Best to visit a local dr and /or a CP facility near u to understand the illness

All people with CP have problems with movement and posture. Many also have related conditions such as intellectual disability; seizures; problems with vision, hearing, or speech; changes in the spine (such as scoliosis); or joint problems (such as contractures).

the condition is progrssive and muscle movement deteriortes but how fast (or slow ) can not be predicted 

Drs will want to give drugs to control the seiures / make sure u read about each prescription as all drugs have side effects (dialtin is the most used one for seizures)  but its not considered a drug of abuse 

The most common side effects of DILANTIN include irregular movement of the eye, problems with walking and coordination, slurred speech, trouble sleeping, confusion, dizziness, nervousness, tremor, headache, and nausea.

to u my very best wishes if her visa is granted / its a hard road to take care o someone 24 hours a day / i was only with my handicapped clients 8 hours a day and its physcially and emotionally draining .  Get good professional help to guide u 

Thanks ma’am.. appreciate the guidelines u share.She already had daily dose of meds .. almost 3decade now and have  quarterly neurologist check up.. 

On 11/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Mcjz said:

Thanks ma’am.. appreciate the guidelines u share.She already had daily dose of meds .. almost 3decade now and have  quarterly neurologist check up.. 

so, the family should research the price of the medicine she has been taking for 30 years here in the US (goodrx is a great website) as the first step to finding out the cost of caring for your niece in the US when/ if she gets to the US. And then figure out what type of insurance you can get for her. Will/ can she be a dependent on someone else’s insurance OR will you have to pay for her insurance via the exchange…. Just some homework to understand if moving to the US is the best idea AND you can also check out the costs if she manages to get a tourist visa to the US and stays for 4-6 months and needs to visit a doctor. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 11/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Yet those open doors do not mean that they can expedite the process based on her disability. I’m also positive that treatment for her condition is going to be extremely expensive in the US. Most health insurances won’t take her because it’s a pre- existing condition. What’s the parents’ economic situation? Are they wealthy?

You cannot be denied health insurance in this country if you have a pre-existing condition, it's part of Obamacare.

The real question is, where would they get health insurance for her and how would they afford it as she would not be eligible for Medicare or Medicaid (means tested benefits). They would most likely have to buy it on the exchange and it won't be cheap.

Edited by Cathi

Timeline

As empathetic and sympathetic as I am to your niece's situation, I am still trying to wrap my head around why both of her parents up and moved to the U.S if they are so concerned for her welfare. And even more confused as to why at least one of them hasn't applied for a re-entry permit and gone back to live with her while she waits for her priority date to become current. She still has many years to wait before her PD is current. I guess it's the parent in me wondering how or why a parent would choose to up and leave a disabled child. Sorry if I sound harsh but I could or would never leave my disabled child behind. I have an adult son with autism and I would never even think to do such a thing.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Cathi said:

As empathetic and sympathetic as I am to your niece's situation, I am still trying to wrap my head around why both of her parents up and moved to the U.S if they are so concerned for her welfare. And even more confused as to why at least one of them hasn't applied for a re-entry permit and gone back to live with her while she waits for her priority date to become current. She still has many years to wait before her PD is current. I guess it's the parent in me wondering how or why a parent would choose to up and leave a disabled child. Sorry if I sound harsh but I could or would never leave my disabled child behind. I have an adult son with autism and I would never even think to do such a thing.

It is a cultural issue, very common in some societies for children to be left with extended family with or without medical issues.

As far as the practical aspects of living in the US the big issue seems to be the care rather than medication, there are some places that provide Day 1 medicaid for new residents now, what the future hold I do not know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 10:29 AM, Boiler said:

It is a cultural issue, very common in some societies for children to be left with extended family with or without medical issues.

As far as the practical aspects of living in the US the big issue seems to be the care rather than medication, there are some places that provide Day 1 medicaid for new residents now, what the future hold I do not know.

I had no idea that Medicaid was offered to new residents, it isn't where I live. Thanks for clarifying.

Either way, cultural or not. I would never consider it. The OP kept repeating how concerned they were for their child yet they are thousands of miles away. That just does not make any sense to me.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cathi said:

I had no idea that Medicaid was offered to new residents, it isn't where I live. Thanks for clarifying.

Either way, cultural or not. I would never consider it. The OP kept repeating how concerned they were for their child yet they are thousands of miles away. That just does not make any sense to me.

California is the obvious one

I agree, when I first came across this it seemed odd to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.