Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

416 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Alexis2022 said:

Congratulations 🎊 

Mine was changed to Oath will be scheduled. Does it mean they approved my cases or am I on hold?

Thank you! Have you checked the status today? It should soon change to "Oath Scheduled." Good luck to you! Hopefully, we will be done with USCIS this spring.

On 4/8/2024 at 4:05 PM, Cornflake said:

Thank you! Have you checked the status today? It should soon change to "Oath Scheduled." Good luck to you! Hopefully, we will be done with USCIS this spring.

Was worried about RFE because officer didn’t request any documents. 751 changed yesterday to approved. N400 is still waiting for oath scheduling.

Almost there! 

5 hours ago, MuskyOne said:

My n400 interview is scheduled but my i751 still says “case received”. I guess we will see what happens in a month but I will assume a combo interview. 

Yay! Good luck. Did you upload any letters along with your n400? Like requesting combo interview?

24 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If you read the forum, you'd see some IOs only performed N-400 because they weren't ready for I-751. Giving heads up might have been helpful.

Ok but correlation doesn’t equal causation. They have our entire A file (which has all forms filed) so why do we need to “request” a combo? 

9 minutes ago, MuskyOne said:

Ok but correlation doesn’t equal causation. They have our entire A file (which has all forms filed) so why do we need to “request” a combo? 

Here's the recent story of IO not expecting combo and getting worked up when requested on the day:

If writing and uploading 1 page document is too much of an ask - you can skip, it's optional.

In theory USCIS has all the documentation to connect the dots, but you know how busy / lazy people can get. If there's anything I could do to walk them through and make their decision easier - I'd do, but it's just me.

4 hours ago, MuskyOne said:

No I didn’t - it kinda seemed pointless to do so if I am honest…

I did upload a request for a combo interview and I had a combo interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, OldUser said:

If you read the forum, you'd see some IOs only performed N-400 because they weren't ready for I-751. Giving heads up might have been helpful.

You'd think there should be no way that this goes unnoticed while the n400 runs through its early stages.

To be honest, I really think everyone should add a request for a combo interview when uploading their N-400 documents online or when sending the package physically. It's just a one-page document that takes 10 minutes to write. This effort is minor compared to the entire process you've been going through from the beginning, including the numerous pages printed and the many documents gathered and presented. Sending this combo interview request makes it easier for the person reviewing your case to clearly see that you have an I-751 pending. Of course, there is a system where they can see it, but sometimes it gets overlooked. Why not help the reviewer by pointing it out?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 4/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, OldUser said:

This is super optimistic. The portal's estimated time to approval is largely incorrect. I can have a better prediction by rolling a dice. With I-751 pending I'd say more realistic estimate for approval is 4-6 months if your N-400 case goes fast.

Each case is unique. There's many variables affecting approval timelines.

Building a strong case cannot hurt. Building weak case can add time due to RFEs. Most of the time the case sits in the queue. 1.5 years of wait could have been a result of external factors you cannot control: backlogs, inexperienced IO etc.

When the child is born, upload the birth certificate. If anything it can speed up the application. You must disclose all kids on N-400. Disclosing kids at the interview or any new information probably increases the changes of "decision cannot be made". USCIS needs time to understand your case. They can either spend time before the interview or after. This kind of relates to "heavy" vs "light" application. In my opinion, USCIS will need the infromaion regardless. And either they call you in for interview sooner to issue RFE / gather more info, or they examine everything beforehand. 

It's impossible to split statistics for 3 year vs 5 year eligibility cases as USCIS doesn't make a distinction in their reports. 

I wouldn't think so.

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for all your help. You guys are truly amazing. I wanted to provide an update on my situation:

Request for a Combo Interview Question:

I have received notice that my N-400 interview is scheduled for May 22nd. However, there has been no movement on the ROC front, and the notice does not mention it being a combo interview. As mentioned in my previous post, the ROC is at the Vermont processing center and the N-400 is at the National Benefits center. After reading all your stories, I'm wondering how to prepare for this situation?

I uploaded my I-797 notice for my N-400 application but did not upload a letter requesting a combo interview. Is it too late to upload a request for a combo interview now?

The USCIS website mentions that unsolicited evidence will be considered based on timeliness and relevance. What are your thoughts?

Estimated Time Until Case Decision Question:

I noticed an oddity where, after the interview was scheduled, the estimated processing time jumped from 2 months to 7 months. Should I be concerned about this?

Employment Status Question:

Talk about Murphy's Law! 😉 I have recently quit my current job, effective May 10th, and am scheduled to start a new job on July 1st. I planned some time off between jobs to work on my house and study for the immigration test, not anticipating my immigration paperwork to move forward so soon. Given that I will technically be unemployed at the time of the interview but have an offer letter and signed contract for a new job starting in July, along with sufficient savings to cover all expenses during this period (and beyond), will this be an issue at the interview? Is there anything else besides my offer letter and employment contract that I should bring to the interview?

Thank you for your help!

27 minutes ago, kissp said:

Request for a Combo Interview Question:

I have received notice that my N-400 interview is scheduled for May 22nd. However, there has been no movement on the ROC front, and the notice does not mention it being a combo interview. As mentioned in my previous post, the ROC is at the Vermont processing center and the N-400 is at the National Benefits center. After reading all your stories, I'm wondering how to prepare for this situation?

Sometimes people don't get notice about combo but it's conducted on the day. You should prepare to do combo and bring the spouse regardless of whether interview letter mentions I-751 or not. On the day, tell security you're applying based on marriage and have ROC pending.

30 minutes ago, kissp said:

I uploaded my I-797 notice for my N-400 application but did not upload a letter requesting a combo interview. Is it too late to upload a request for a combo interview now?

The USCIS website mentions that unsolicited evidence will be considered based on timeliness and relevance. What are your thoughts?

You should upload I-797 for I-751, not for N-400. No it's not too late to request combo in additional evidence.

31 minutes ago, kissp said:

Estimated Time Until Case Decision Question:

I noticed an oddity where, after the interview was scheduled, the estimated processing time jumped from 2 months to 7 months. Should I be concerned about this?

These are meaningless estimates. You can roll a dice and have a better prediction. People worry about it all the time, but you won't find anybody saying that estimate was close to when they got decision. You may get naturalized and it will show 6 months to decision.

33 minutes ago, kissp said:

Employment Status Question:

Talk about Murphy's Law! 😉 I have recently quit my current job, effective May 10th, and am scheduled to start a new job on July 1st. I planned some time off between jobs to work on my house and study for the immigration test, not anticipating my immigration paperwork to move forward so soon. Given that I will technically be unemployed at the time of the interview but have an offer letter and signed contract for a new job starting in July, along with sufficient savings to cover all expenses during this period (and beyond), will this be an issue at the interview? Is there anything else besides my offer letter and employment contract that I should bring to the interview?

Thank you for your help!

Being employed is not a prerequisite or requirement for naturalization. If asked, tell the truth on the day of interview. This has 0 effect on your application.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline
10 hours ago, OldUser said:

Sometimes people don't get notice about combo but it's conducted on the day. You should prepare to do combo and bring the spouse regardless of whether interview letter mentions I-751 or not. On the day, tell security you're applying based on marriage and have ROC pending.

You should upload I-797 for I-751, not for N-400. No it's not too late to request combo in additional evidence.

These are meaningless estimates. You can roll a dice and have a better prediction. People worry about it all the time, but you won't find anybody saying that estimate was close to when they got decision. You may get naturalized and it will show 6 months to decision.

Being employed is not a prerequisite or requirement for naturalization. If asked, tell the truth on the day of interview. This has 0 effect on your application.

Great, thank you!

Yes, I uploaded my I-797 for my I-751. However, I'll add a letter to my application requesting the combo interview.

Edited by kissp
But responses outside the quoted area

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.