BeejayFagab

Administrative Processing

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Presumably you had a real divorce, you attended the court etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, BeejayFagab said:

Thanks for the response. 

I have checked the link you attached, the following are the points I saw that could raise the red flags 

1). Marriage soon after you met...We met in 2017, got engaged in July 2018 and Married in July 2019. We only saw physically three times before we got married, and we have not seen since after marriage. She had planned to visit in Nigeria, but due to covid-19 lockdown in 2020 and insecurity that's ravaging Nigeria she was advised from not coming, since I planned going to USA  immediately my Ir1 is approved.

2). Marriage soon after divorce. She's never married, but I divorced my ex-wife in February 2018 and married her in July 2019 ( 18 months after) .

u didn't marry to fast after meeting but you met and started the dating process while u were still married 

many USC's travel to Nigeria for meeting fiancee and the Nigerian family (which is very important in your embassy)  3 years?   u gotta be kidding me

Americans have had warnings not to travel to Nigeria for ages but a woman in love will do it

covid has not been an issue in a long time  /  really no reason for her not to visit u after 2020

she is almost past the age of producing children and that may be issue with the CO

also , u have children,  and should have a plan to support them / never abandon them /  that should be asked if its not then the CO is failing in his/her job

those are the issues i would want to see addressed if i was the CO

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

u didn't marry to fast after meeting but you met and started the dating process while u were still married 

many USC's travel to Nigeria for meeting fiancee and the Nigerian family (which is very important in your embassy)  3 years?   u gotta be kidding me

Americans have had warnings not to travel to Nigeria for ages but a woman in love will do it

covid has not been an issue in a long time  /  really no reason for her not to visit u after 2020

she is almost past the age of producing children and that may be issue with the CO

also , u have children,  and should have a plan to support them / never abandon them /  that should be asked if its not then the CO is failing in his/her job

those are the issues i would want to see addressed if i was the CO

Good points

good luck on the interview let us know how it goes 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

11 hours ago, BeejayFagab said:

I applied for ir1 Visa and got documentarily qualified in March 2021. I was invited for an interview at Lagos Consulate last week. 

When I got there, I submitted all the necessary documents that was requested. And I answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge. It got to a stage the consular left me for some minutes and came back to continue with the questions. At the end he handed me a white paper, and told me they will get back to me. 

When I read the white paper she marked the section where " Your visa application is refused for administrative processing, you will be informed when the processing is complete" is written. 

The second day I received a phone call from the consulate inviting me for another scheduled interview, and that my wife in USA will be called for interview as well. 

Please does anyone has this same experience in the past? 

what triggered the second interview and what are the likely questions they would ask? 

And what does administrative processing entails? 

Second interview + their intention to interview wife means they have doubts about the bonafides of your marriage.

As you know, Lagos is a US consulate that sees a disproportionate amount of fraud.

9 hours ago, BeejayFagab said:

Thanks for the response. 

I have checked the link you attached, the following are the points I saw that could raise the red flags 

1). Marriage soon after you met...We met in 2017, got engaged in July 2018 and Married in July 2019. We only saw physically three times before we got married, and we have not seen since after marriage. She had planned to visit in Nigeria, but due to covid-19 lockdown in 2020 and insecurity that's ravaging Nigeria she was advised from not coming, since I planned going to USA  immediately my Ir1 is approved.

2). Marriage soon after divorce. She's never married, but I divorced my ex-wife in February 2018 and married her in July 2019 ( 18 months after) .

Sounds like you divorced in order to marry an American?   Consulate assumes that is a green card marriage.

is your wife willing to move to Nigeria if your visa is denied?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Visiting Nigeria is a serious love gesture. My wife visited me 5 times despite the whole insecurities in Nigeria after 2020. My late mom told her not to come but she insist. But I still believe you’ll get your visa. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, Kanja said:

Good points

good luck on the interview let us know how it goes 

definitely let us know 

its important to pass all info on to others

even if its just in Nigerian portal and you do the embassy review

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.