2,974 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

UPDATE: Just received the mails. 2 envelopes are for Combo card notice of actions filed since 2021. I already received that card last year. The 3rd envelope is also notice of action but for VAWA filed in 2020. Even though I received prima facie document around Mar/April, shortly after filing in Jan/Feb 2020, the received date on this document says August 2020. Anyway, the mails are all from USCIS Lees Summit production facility and not from Vermont. Strange!

Ok your case out of processing time try reach out to your congressman or senator hope you hear some good news soon

Edited by Apple90

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Apple90 said:

Ok your case out of processing time try reach out to your congressman or senator hope you hear some good news soon

With the current 8/2020 date in the mail I just received, the tracking app says the earliest I can check is January 2024. I am really tired of waiting.

Hello all,

I got my green card through VAWA, I was married to a US citizen. I'm eligible to apply for naturalization in December 2023. Since my green card was issued in March 2021, I made 3 trips overseas; the first one for 1.5 months, the second for 3.5 months, and the third one for 5.5 months. My main question is: Is it okay if I take another 5 months trip after staying in the US for only one month? It's because my parents are with delicate health and I would like to be with them. Would I have any problems when I come back? Would that put my chances of becoming a citizen at risk?

For the physical presence requirement, since my green card was issued I've been present in the US for 14 months, and outside the US for 10.5 months. By the time I'm eligible to apply (at 2 years and 9 months) in December 2023, do I need to have been present in the US for 16.5 months which is half the time of the 2 years and 9 months or 18 months which is half the time of 3 years?

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, sara88 said:

By the time I'm eligible to apply (at 2 years and 9 months) in December 2023, do I need to have been present in the US for 16.5 months which is half the time of the 2 years and 9 months or 18 months which is half the time of 3 years?

Thank you.

You need to have 18 months of physical presence in the last three years on the day your interview is conducted.

If you can avoid or shorten your 5 month trip, it would be the best. The worst case scenario is when you're case is barely approvable. Make sure IO doesn't have to scratch his head and it's an easy decision for him or her.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, sara88 said:

My main question is

Already answered in

Please avoid posting duplicates of the same question.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I’m starting to think I mailed my C9 EAD and Advance Parole renewals wrongly to VSC, that’s why I have not received my receipt notices after 35 days or so since VSC received my renewal applications. 

Looks like I should have mailed it to USCIS Chicago Lockbox since I live in Massachusetts and my VAWA application has not yet been approved. My C9 EAD was received two years ago under family based adjustment of status.

@sandranj 

2 hours ago, GeraldSG said:

I’m starting to think I mailed my C9 EAD and Advance Parole renewals wrongly to VSC, that’s why I have not received my receipt notices after 35 days or so since VSC received my renewal applications. 

Looks like I should have mailed it to USCIS Chicago Lockbox since I live in Massachusetts and my VAWA application has not yet been approved. My C9 EAD was received two years ago under family based adjustment of status.

@sandranj 

I think the OGs weighed in on your application and no one flagged that it should be going to Chicago instead of Vermont. I followed that thread from pg 55 because I was also up for EAD renewal hot on your trail. I did the exact thing and haven't received a notice as well. Planning to contact my congressperson 4/3. I will advise you do the same. I'm not @sandranj but I think you sent it to the right place. Let not your heart be troubled...

13 minutes ago, Deee Smith said:

I think the OGs weighed in on your application and no one flagged that it should be going to Chicago instead of Vermont. I followed that thread from pg 55 because I was also up for EAD renewal hot on your trail. I did the exact thing and haven't received a notice as well. Planning to contact my congressperson 4/3. I will advise you do the same. I'm not @sandranj but I think you sent it to the right place. Let not your heart be troubled...

@Deee Smith
I recognize your name as one of the main contributors here. But my concern/confusion is because on USCIS’ website it says to send EAD renewal to VSC if there is an “approved I-360”.

did you send your ead renewal to VSC as well with a pending VAWA Application? I’ll look into contacting my congressman that week of 4/3 as well but I did send them a physical mail this week in writing to ask them to look into sending receipt notices ASAP as it’s been more than 30 days since they received my forms 

B21FC12C-A9C6-4BEC-BDBF-1A1BB0FF9E83.jpeg

Edited by GeraldSG
Tagging user

2 minutes ago, GeraldSG said:

@Deee Smith
I recognize your name as one of the main contributors here. But my concern/confusion is because on USCIS’ website it says to send EAD renewal to VSC if there is an “approved I-360”.

did you send your ead renewal to VSC as well with a pending VAWA Application? I’ll look into contacting my congressman that week of 4/3 as well but I did send them a physical mail this week in writing to ask them to look into sending receipt notices ASAP as it’s been more than 30 days since they received my forms 

B21FC12C-A9C6-4BEC-BDBF-1A1BB0FF9E83.jpeg

I sent my EAD renewal to VSC. And I am following the responses you will receive. If it was sent to the wrong place, I will resend to Chicago Lockbox (that's my lockbox as well).

On 3/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Karman said:

Good information. But is it possible to get married early and not sponsor the spouse till the sponsoring person become US citizen. In the mean time the immigrating spose can be in a different visa status. How does USCIS look into this? 

At your i130 interview, you will be questioned about that and that may raise suspicion that your marriage in the USA was a fraud for the purpose having papers and marry your loved one in your home country. Wait until citizenship 

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, GeraldSG said:

if VSC was the wrong place, I wonder if they would send us back the whole package that we had sent them 

I don't think it's the wrong place, my attorney also mailed the VAWA c09 EAD renewal package on 03/06 to VSC and we've not heard back from USCIS as well. Any idea how long is it taking for an EAD renewal receipt notice?

The wait time for EAD in VSC is 15 months !

Edited by PeaceLoveFreedom
details added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.