2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Demise said:

My AOS package (I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864w, G-1450) arrived June 21st, and so far radio silence (no receipts, no rejection, credit card hadn't been charged yet).

Yeah I know, hurry up and wait, I'm just antsy after years of dealing with immigration nonsense.

Give at least 3 weeks before you curse them in 4 languages😂
Your packet will NOT be rejected.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

dear friends

can some one post a complete process how to apply for citizenship after VAWA Ie what forms we have to fill and what documents are required

23 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

dear friends

can some one post a complete process how to apply for citizenship after VAWA Ie what forms we have to fill and what documents are required

Log into your USER account online. Look at link below and get familiar w instructions.

Complete the N-400 online . No other forms . Snap a picture of green card , a  digital head shot and you are done .

No other documents needed at filing. 

You will get a receipt in approximately one week . They will waive biometrics and you could be scheduled for interviews between 4 to 10 months.

At interview carry birth /marriage/divorce records and 3 years of taxes

https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Family said:

Give at least 3 weeks before you curse them in 4 languages😂
Your packet will NOT be rejected.

Have you apply your citizenship under VAWA what question are asked in interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday!  Time for our highly effective Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
THE FROG & THE PSYCHIC

A lonely frog telephoned the Psychic Hotline and asked what his future held.

His personal psychic advisor told him, "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you."

The frog was thrilled.  "This is great!  Will I meet her at a party?" he croaked.

"No," said the psychic, "you will meet her in Biology class."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I had my address changed in my forms i-360 and i-485, few months back when i enquired Uscis said they have updated the address. I received the approval letter at new updated address but they sent the c31 ead to the OLD address. now I am wondering if they have even updated the address correctly. Please advise what should i do because they might send any i-485 related doc on OLD address.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 7/4/2023 at 12:44 AM, Family said:

My personal experience is work related . You are not going to be treated differently than any other applicant ( review the form info and  study civics questions , read through the link)

The timelines are faster nowadays. Everyone is getting an interview within 3-6 months of applying.

2 hours ago, Priya25 said:

I had my address changed in my forms i-360 and i-485, few months back when i enquired Uscis said they have updated the address. I received the approval letter at new updated address but they sent the c31 ead to the OLD address. now I am wondering if they have even updated the address correctly. Please advise what should i do because they might send any i-485 related doc on OLD address.

What i would do is to make a info pass appointment to find out status of i-485 and i would confirm from them what address do they have. 

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

What i would do is to make a info pass appointment to find out status of i-485 and i would confirm from them what address do they have. 

Thank you and for that I chat with emma and ask for Infopass correct?

Hello Family, I hope everyone is doing great.

I had I-485 interview on May 17th, it went great but then they issued a medical rfe same day, I sent the medicals in and they received it on 31st May 2023, 

There hasn't been any update online except that the RFE was issued? 

can anyone tell me how much longer it might take? Should I call the USICIS just to inquire or perhaps make an info pass?

It's been over a month without any update or news/

Hi Fam! 
i applied i485,i765 and i131 together (3 different receipt numbers) last December and later in March showed it was transferred to local office. There was no update after March until today I checked the case status saying 

New Card Is Being

Produced

On July 6, 2023, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number …. , and will mail it to the address you gave us. 

Can anyone tell me what this means and I checked only one of the receipt numbers. The rest two of receipts said 

April 23, 2023 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken. 

TIA 🙏🙃

Just now, Blessedandtests said:

Hi Fam! 
i applied i485,i765 and i131 together (3 different receipt numbers) last December and later in March showed it was transferred to local office. There was no update after March until today I checked the case status saying 

New Card Is Being

Produced

On July 6, 2023, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number …. , and will mail it to the address you gave us. 

Can anyone tell me what this means and I checked only one of the receipt numbers. The rest two of receipts said 

April 23, 2023 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken. 

TIA 🙏🙃

@TBoneTX any insight on this pls? Thnk u as always 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Blessedandtests said:

New Card Is Being Produced

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.