2,974 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! Please I need your help.

I had my i-485 form returned by VSC. Their reason was the form I submitted was outdated and the filing fees were incorrect(both were current at the time when I began my AOS journey). I was directed in the notice to send the current form and include the accurate filing fees. Thing is, I included a copy of the letter I wrote to my FO putting my filed i-485 in abeyance when I filled my VAWA. 

How do I proceed? Do I write to VSC telling them I have already paid these fees? Do I add the requested fees per the notice? I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Does anybody feel that USCIS is  totally disrespecting immigrants who follow the rules? Not giving us any info about our cases, disregarding our inquiries, prolonging adjudication, extending processing times, no contact with officers, adding new fees....

I'm tired of waiting for over 3 years :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday!  Time for our eagerly awaited Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
MARRIAGE SEMINAR

While attending a marriage seminar on communication, Tom and his wife Peg listened to the instructor declare, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He said to the men, "Can you describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Tom leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently, and whispered, "Pillsbury All-Purpose, isn't it?"

The rest of the story is not pleasant.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Because everyone here deserves to laugh beyond our excellent and hilarious jokes, here's a one-time bonus suggestion:

1.  Go to YouTube

2.  Search "British highschoolers react to Bri'ish memes"

3.  Play it  :rofl: 

4.  Search "British highschoolers react to Bri'ish memes Part 2"

5.  Play it  :rofl: 

Now back to topic. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi guys! 
i could really use some encouragement right now. 
i filled my i360 in Feb 2020. I had my i485 reopened after it was denied in Jan 2020 and I thought all was good. I filed for renewal of i765 in aug 2020 through my lawyer and it was denied in feb 2021. My lawyer didn’t give me the notice or tell me why my i765 was denied. My ead expired Nov 2020 and I have been unable to work since then. Meanwhile I got RFR for i360 in April 2022 for proof of marriage which I replied to and was received in May 2022. I applied for i765 again in aug 2022 and filed to expedite as I had medical bills to pay and I still had no ead to work since 2020. In Dec 2022 I got another i765 denial and this time I got the denial notice and finally found out the reason it was denied. Apparently the i485 I submitted was not valid because it was initially denied before it was reopened after I filed an appeal. The denial notice said to file another i485 and i765 which I did immediately in Dec 2022. I have still not received the receipts for either i485 or i765. I have no job, no husband, no family and a medical condition that I have to treat. I’m so frustrated. There’s been no movement on my i360 since May 2022. It’s 3yrs already this month since I filed my i360. I want to work and earn money and pay my bills, I need to start medical treatment as soon as possible. I just feel alone and I’m honestly tired of crying. I tried ombudsman and congresswoman but they just came back with the background check answer. I’m trying to apply for Medicaid through the Prima facie but I’m not sure I’ll qualify. This is so hard, I’ve cried, I’ve prayed, nothing is working. This isn’t life. 

6 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Hi guys! 
i filled my i360 in Feb 2020. I had my i485 reopened after it was denied in Jan 2020 and I thought all was good. I filed for renewal of i765 in aug 2020 through my lawyer and it was denied in feb 2021. My lawyer didn’t give me the notice or tell me why my i765 was denied. My ead expired Nov 2020 and I have been unable to work since then. Meanwhile I got RFR for i360 in April 2022 for proof of marriage which I replied to and was received in May 2022. I applied for i765 again in aug 2022 and filed to expedite as I had medical bills to pay and I still had no ead to work since 2020. In Dec 2022 I got another i765 denial and this time I got the denial notice and finally found out the reason it was denied. Apparently the i485 I submitted was not valid because it was initially denied before it was reopened after I filed an appeal. The denial notice said to file another i485 and i765 which I did immediately in Dec 2022. I have still not received the receipts for either i485 or i765. I have no job, no husband, no family and a medical condition that I have to treat. I’m so frustrated. There’s been no movement on my i360 since May 2022. It’s 3yrs already this month since I filed my i360. I want to work and earn money and pay my bills, I need to start medical treatment as soon as possible. I just feel alone and I’m honestly tired of crying. I tried ombudsman and congresswoman but they just came back with the background check answer. I’m trying to apply for Medicaid through the Prima facie but I’m not sure I’ll qualify. This is so hard, I’ve cried, I’ve prayed, nothing is working. This isn’t life. 

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your situation. We all have gone through the same situation in some ways. 

Please stay strong. There is always light on the end of tunnel. Your good time is not far. This is a time of test. it will eventually pass. Just hang in there. We will pray for you!!

Have you tried to contact your senator? Please reach out to your senator if you have not done so. Try to submit online inquire about your EAD

Depending on which state you are residing. You can get Medicaid using Prima facia. 

12 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Hi guys! 

Others please chime in but is it common for USCIS to deny EAD renewal if they had previously denied I-485 but subsequently decide to reverse the denial and approve the reopening of i-485?

@sandranj

Good evening, 

can you please answer a question for me pls. I have 2 kids that im filing for outside of the country.  Do i sign up 2 i864w forms? I can't seem to be able to submit the i864w online as I'm not given the option.  Do I mail in the form to NVC since it's i360 related? The kids are VAWA derivatives.

I'm trying so hard to get everything submitted 

11 minutes ago, GeraldSG said:

Others please chime in but is it common for USCIS to deny EAD renewal if they had previously denied I-485 but subsequently decide to reverse the denial and approve the reopening of i-485?

@sandranj

I do not think it is common for USCIS to deny EAD. My i-485 was denied and it was reopened back in 2019, Since then i have been renewing my i-765. I did it for 3 times.  

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

Good evening, 

can you please answer a question for me pls. I have 2 kids that im filing for outside of the country.  Do i sign up 2 i864w forms? I can't seem to be able to submit the i864w online as I'm not given the option.  Do I mail in the form to NVC since it's i360 related? The kids are VAWA derivatives.

I'm trying so hard to get everything submitted 

When was ur GC Approved?  You have a limited window to file I-824. 

you cannot submit documents online. Your letter will tell you where to mail documents. You only need 1 I-864a

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

When was ur GC Approved?  You have a limited window to file I-824. 

you cannot submit documents online. Your letter will tell you where to mail documents. You only need 1 I-864a

My green card was approved in April 2022. I filed the i824 and it was approved I October 2022. The file is now at nvc and I paid the fees and completed the ds260 and ds261

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your situation. We all have gone through the same situation in some ways. 

Please stay strong. There is always light on the end of tunnel. Your good time is not far. This is a time of test. it will eventually pass. Just hang in there. We will pray for you!!

Have you tried to contact your senator? Please reach out to your senator if you have not done so. Try to submit online inquire about your EAD

Depending on which state you are residing. You can get Medicaid using Prima facia. 

Thank you so much 🙏🏾  I don’t have the receipt for the i765 yet. I applied for it middle of December 2022 and I’m still waiting. Every time I try to call USCIS about it, they are unable to give me any information because I have no receipt #. I’ll try the senator for my i360. I live in Texas. I just started the application process and I’m trying to put my documents together. Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.