JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

732 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, acciowand said:

We’re debating if we should file through mail like usual or try filing online. Has anyone tried filing online? If so, how was your experience? Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

See this discussion

13 minutes ago, OldUser said:

See this discussion

Thank you, this definitely helped a lot! We're definitely leaning more towards filing online after reading that thread. We've always submitted ours through mail, so it's very intimidating filing online. 😅

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, acciowand said:

Thank you, this definitely helped a lot! We're definitely leaning more towards filing online after reading that thread. We've always submitted ours through mail, so it's very intimidating filing online. 😅

We filed my husband's N-400 online, uploading the evidence required. We filed beginning of August and he had his citizenship interview and oath the week of Thanksgiving! So I would definitely say go for online, it was a very smooth process to fill out the information and the agent giving the interview didn't ask us for any papers in person because everything was already uploaded in the system.

Good luck whichever method you choose!

15 minutes ago, JenIE said:

We filed my husband's N-400 online, uploading the evidence required. We filed beginning of August and he had his citizenship interview and oath the week of Thanksgiving! So I would definitely say go for online, it was a very smooth process to fill out the information and the agent giving the interview didn't ask us for any papers in person because everything was already uploaded in the system.

Same experience, my wife had her oath today as well. All went well and thank God, we are done with this. Good luck to everyone waiting. Hope you are done with this process as well ASAP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Mohammed26 said:

Same experience, my wife had her oath today as well. All went well and thank God, we are done with this. Good luck to everyone waiting. Hope you are done with this process as well ASAP.

That's great to hear! Congrats to your wife on reaching the end of the Visa Journey!

55 minutes ago, JenIE said:

37 minutes ago, Mohammed26 said:

okay, this definitely makes us feel more confident filing online. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences! Also, Congratulations! 🎉 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also applied for Citizenship in August. Just received notification that Citizenship interview was scheduled for February.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, I have my naturalization interview scheduled next month, while the I751 is still pending. There is no mention of the I751 application in the notice I got. For others who were in a similar situation, did you take your spouse with you to the interview in case they process the I751 at the same time? Did you have a combo interview?

26 minutes ago, BuggyBan said:

Hey folks, I have my naturalization interview scheduled next month, while the I751 is still pending. There is no mention of the I751 application in the notice I got. For others who were in a similar situation, did you take your spouse with you to the interview in case they process the I751 at the same time? Did you have a combo interview?

You must assume combo even if you don't have a letter. Take your spouse with you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Had my N-400 interview on Tuesday. Everything went well, the officer mentioned she didn't need to interview my husband, so she was going to approve to the I-751 as well. This morning my I-751 updated to case transferred to another office, so I should see an approval notice soon.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who went through the oath ceremony, did they ask you if you changed your address during the ceremony process? My scheduled oath ceremony is on the same day I change my address, and I wonder if I should change my address on the USCIS portal and attempt to change my drivers license address. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.