Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,234 posts in this topic

Hiiii ! Would really appreciate, if smb could help me with the following questions. 

Originally, we DQ through Montreal, but transferred to Paris embassy and were able to get our interview way sooner. Have couple of questions, if smb could answer. 

1) our interview is on May 24th, but the closest medical appt we were able to get was May 17th. In your opinion, is it enough time for the embassy to get our medical results.

2) both of us have 2 citizenships, and we provided both passports to NVC. My husband is going to use his French passport, since the interview is in Paris. However, I have Ukrainian and Canadian. If I give my Canadian, I won't be able to get back to Canada, in case it will take them some time to get our medicals or in case they will send it for administrative processing.  Do you think I can leave my Ukraininan passport in the embassy? Like, what are the rules, if you apply with both citizenships. 

3) Since filling out DS-260, we have travelled extensivelly to the US, do we have to update our travel section in DS-260? It is locked on the CEAC site.

4) Do I have to provide vaccines for HEP B during medical, or I could just use the blood test, that I am immune. 

Thanks again, if somebody hs answers=)

On 3/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, ALC said:

Feedback from my lawyers, they do a few thousand cases a year, so the sample size is statistically relevant I think. 

"Yes, we have noticed a pattern in the Montreal Consulate in scheduling interviews for EB1 cases before NIW cases for relatively similar documentarily qualified clients."

Got a standard form letter response from a low level Inquiry Management contractor at NVC, asked my lawyers to follow up with Montreal. 

"This case is documentarily complete, which means the NVC has all the documents we requested. Your application is waiting for an interview appointment, where a consular officer will adjudicate it.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate provides the National Visa Center (NVC) with a list of available appointment dates and times.  We will schedule your case for an interview appointment when an appointment date is available.  We schedule appointments on a first in, first out basis.  After we schedule your appointment, we will forward your case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General in MONTREAL

We cannot predict how long it will take to schedule your appointment, but we will notify the applicant, the petitioner, and your attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.  Your case will stay at NVC until that time."

On 3/29/2023 at 12:58 PM, ALC said:

Feedback from my lawyers, they do a few thousand cases a year, so the sample size is statistically relevant I think. 

"Yes, we have noticed a pattern in the Montreal Consulate in scheduling interviews for EB1 cases before NIW cases for relatively similar documentarily qualified clients."

aren't the interviews scheduled based on a first in-first out on DQ date basis though? and they have scheduled EB3 cases as well from Feb 2022/Mar 2022. They've skipped rest of Aug 2021 until Jan 2022 (based on what we are seeing in this forum). 

59 minutes ago, newbie75 said:

Thank you ACC24! 

Hi @ACC24

I have a question on the police certificate basis this checklist. Initially it was mentioned the PC are valid for 2 years. However this checklist mentions one year. Did you carry a fresh PC for the interview?

Edited by TheMaverick
Wrong user tagged

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, ACC24 said:

Sorry for the repost, 

Any recommendations for land border POE from Toronto considering the wait times, officers know-how for handling Immigrant visas and friendly service in general? Thanks!

4 hours ago, ACC24 said:

Sorry for the repost, 

Any recommendations for land border POE from Toronto considering the wait times, officers know-how for handling Immigrant visas and friendly service in general? Thanks!

I crossed few times US boarder, based on my experience some officers are friendly, some aren't. It is hard to say which boarder are good. Two weeks ago I crossed Windsor-Detroit boarder, it was good experience. However, my colleagues have to cross same boarder, sometimes they mentioned they had really bad experience. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, LAB_BD said:

I crossed few times US boarder, based on my experience some officers are friendly, some aren't. It is hard to say which boarder are good. Two weeks ago I crossed Windsor-Detroit boarder, it was good experience. However, my colleagues have to cross same boarder, sometimes they mentioned they had really bad experience. 

My wife and I are flying to Denver end of April and so we will have to do the landing at YVR airport, not sure if anyone has done the admission at a pre-clearance location. Any concerns or thoughts? 

~~

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our Interview was on March 30 and it went pretty well. The officers we talked to were very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The questions were the same as the ones we have as examples on the sheet. Our status already changed to issued and we are now waiting for the passports and file to be delivered to our place. We mentioned before that we were worried about not being able to take our 3-year-old son, once he was not on the interview letter. He was allowed in, but we previously asked for permission from one of the security personnel. We also had a backup plan if he was not allowed. We contacted two daycares that were willing to do a drop-in. The daycares were https://academini.ca/ and http://www.garderiekiddo.com/ . Both were very friendly and understanding of the situation.

We hope everyone has a nice experience like we did. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, CiEb2 said:

Our Interview was on March 30 and it went pretty well. The officers we talked to were very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The questions were the same as the ones we have as examples on the sheet. Our status already changed to issued and we are now waiting for the passports and file to be delivered to our place. We mentioned before that we were worried about not being able to take our 3-year-old son, once he was not on the interview letter. He was allowed in, but we previously asked for permission from one of the security personnel. We also had a backup plan if he was not allowed. We contacted two daycares that were willing to do a drop-in. The daycares were https://academini.ca/ and http://www.garderiekiddo.com/ . Both were very friendly and understanding of the situation.

We hope everyone has a nice experience like we did. 

Good luck!

Congratulations @CiEb2 You should receive your passports mostly in a day or 2 if its Canadian address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.