Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,234 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, F2J_March said:

Hi All,

We have received my spouse's passport in mail today and finally ends my spouse's EB based F2J journey. Thank you all for keeping me sane, answering all queries and helping track interview dates/ progress as we were/are  eagerly waiting for our IL to come. This process took us nearly 3 and half years from initial filing of i-824 to getting through interview ( Did not expect this process to take this long when I started filing i-824).

Detailed post (Quoted along this text) by @raisins helped us with all necessary steps required after our IL arrived. 

However during interview, I had expected IO to ask questions related to our marriage similar to other follow to join cases but none of the marriage related question were asked. My spouse was asked about his study in US whether he finished his study or not and my employer change related questions.

Best wishes and smooth journey to those who have received IL and are waiting.

Thank you!!

Many congratulations and all the best. I have a question pertaining to documents. I know we have to carry originals and copies of all the docs example: birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. in the post it mentions the VO kept the originals. Do they return the originals post the the interview? Reason is I just have one original of each of these and if I hand this over it will be next to impossible for me to get the original extract again from the respective countries of birth and marriage for me and my spouse. We have no ties back to those places and have not been there in many many years. 

Thank you! In our case, my spouse was kept in AP and kept his passport. They returned all of his original documents. If you are approved on that day, they will only keep passport and return all other documents. However, if you put in AP depending on the case they might keep original document as well. I think there was someone in this forum whose was put in AP and they kept their documents and passport.

People also suggest carrying certified copies of original docs but I dont have idea as I have not done that.

As of April 4, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in January 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in November 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, TheMaverick said:

As of April 4, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in January 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in November 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

That means nothing changed for the employment based immigration 

44 minutes ago, LAB_BD said:

That means nothing changed for the employment based immigration 

Not sure how these MONTREAL folks report. For a fact we know folks from this blog as of March 2022 DQ’d and current have started receiving IL. So there is indeed progress. Also the visa stats are showing good numbers in EB category. Probably some countries like India retrogressed so some folks with earlier DQ,d dates do not have a visa available. Probably the next update will be towards the end of April when NVC starts sending the next round of IL

1 hour ago, TheMaverick said:

Not sure how these MONTREAL folks report. For a fact we know folks from this blog as of March 2022 DQ’d and current have started receiving IL. So there is indeed progress. Also the visa stats are showing good numbers in EB category. Probably some countries like India retrogressed so some folks with earlier DQ,d dates do not have a visa available. Probably the next update will be towards the end of April when NVC starts sending the next round of IL

I think it is because some people with E2 who DQ'ed in January 2021 still haven't gotten their ILs. 

10 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

Taking a look at the DOS stats, we see EB2s form the majority of EB cases and they haven't been getting ILs in the last batch or so (retrogression, as we have discussed it here). Taking a look at the spreadsheet and  we see the latest DQ date for an EB2 invitee was Apr 2021, but I know people from before that date who haven't received their IL yet. So that stat on the website is not far from reality .

Edited by immishok

On 4/7/2023 at 6:42 PM, New_123 said:

@DrJh07, did you reach out to NVC or Montreal consulate since you didn't receive your IL this time and the previous month?

I didn't reach out to NVC or Montreal consulate. Maybe I should but I have feeling that I will get a generic message saying that the files are still at NVC.

We crossed the land border from Toronto over the weekend to activate our EB2 immigrant visa. It was very smooth process that was completed in 30mins or less. The officer asked for sealed packages, original passports and confirmed US mailing address to received GC. He took fingerprints and photo as well during the process and we were good to go. No questions asked regarding importing our cars or the final move.

This almost brings us to the end of never ending EB2 Immigrant journey ( though final move for my wife and son will be pending for sometime). We couldn't thank enough for the VJ forum and support throughout the stressful process and will continue to be part of the forum. Happy to help/answer any related questions whenever possible.

Wishing very best for everyone still going though the process for their journey to end at the earliest possible.

1 hour ago, ACC24 said:

We crossed the land border from Toronto over the weekend to activate our EB2 immigrant visa. It was very smooth process that was completed in 30mins or less. The officer asked for sealed packages, original passports and confirmed US mailing address to received GC. He took fingerprints and photo as well during the process and we were good to go. No questions asked regarding importing our cars or the final move.

This almost brings us to the end of never ending EB2 Immigrant journey ( though final move for my wife and son will be pending for sometime). We couldn't thank enough for the VJ forum and support throughout the stressful process and will continue to be part of the forum. Happy to help/answer any related questions whenever possible.

Wishing very best for everyone still going though the process for their journey to end at the earliest possible.

@ACC24 That's great news,  Congrats. Which land border crossing did you use ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.