Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,212 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, AJSin1 said:

"As of April 19, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in February 2024; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2023."

Montreal consulate updated the page. EB cases now up to Jan 2023. Great to see such a big jump in such a short period of time. Someone on the forum mentioned that they were informed at their consulate interview that the Montreal consulate had hired more officers so they were no longer understaffed. Hopefully this backlog continues to drop quickly.

Ah, nice update. Sounds like they heard me complaining about lack of updates LOL

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AJSin1 said:

"As of April 19, 2024, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in February 2024; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in August 2023; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2023."

Montreal consulate updated the page. EB cases now up to Jan 2023. Great to see such a big jump in such a short period of time. Someone on the forum mentioned that they were informed at their consulate interview that the Montreal consulate had hired more officers so they were no longer understaffed. Hopefully this backlog continues to drop quickly.

Seems like adding more staff would be the only reason that justifies this huge leap which is great LOL

Edited by Coco_2023

Hello everyone, has anyone had any experience with Dr. Zatzman? How are the results typically sent or provided? Are they sent directly to the embassy, and what is the usual timeframe for this process? My interview is scheduled for May 23rd, and my medical appointment is on May 6th. Will there be sufficient time for the results to reach the embassy?

44 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

I have another medical question :) I don't have a vaccination record; I only have a COVID record. Since I don't have vaccinations from Canada or my home country, can I obtain it during a medical appointment before the interview? Thank you.

Some doctors can administer the vaccines that you need in their office, during the appointment. If you don't have any immunization record, I guess you will end up with a sore arm!

56 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

I have another medical question :) I don't have a vaccination record; I only have a COVID record. Since I don't have vaccinations from Canada or my home country, can I obtain it during a medical appointment before the interview? Thank you.

Some of the vaccines involve getting multiple doses, multiple months apart. You should look into what you need and book them sooner rather than wait for the medical appointment.

36 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Some doctors can administer the vaccines that you need in their office, during the appointment. If you don't have any immunization record, I guess you will end up with a sore arm!

Do you know if they send the results to consulate or to our mailing address?

1 hour ago, Adam RS said:

If you've applied outside US so your case is going through IVP. So, you must take the medical examination with the authorised doctors who suggested by US Consulate. 

Is there a list of authorized doctors suggested by US Montreal Consulate? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.