Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,238 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wincity said:

I'm an E3 with DQ date Dec-28-2022. According to the earlier MTL Consulate update(interview scheduling for DQ Jan-2023), I hope to receive an IL in the next round.

Do you know if E3s have the same scheduling timeline as E2s?

Are you current? As I know the final action date for the third category is 22NOV22. 

2 hours ago, Froozion said:

I believe if you are getting blood tests it is better to get them in advance as they can take longer to come back. Vaccines can be done at the medical appointment. But generally it is easier to have everything done before the medical, as if it is not done it will put you into AP and montreal can take up to 18 months to deal with people put into AP. There is a whole other thread on this issue. 

How and where do you do this ?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Wincity said:

What does final action date mean?

It means there's no visa available to you until your Priority Date is before that date. So, what is your Priority Date?

It would be super helpful if you could fill in your timeline on your profile. 

Edited by appleblossom

1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

It means there's no visa available to you until your Priority Date is before that date. So, what is your Priority Date?

It would be super helpful if you could fill in your timeline on your profile. 

Understood. Thanks. I'll fill out my timeline.

My priority date is July-26-2021. 

I assume this would make me current?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Wincity said:

Understood. Thanks. I'll fill out my timeline.

My priority date is July-26-2021. 

I assume this would make me current?

It will depend on the category and your country of birth - assuming you're a 'normal' EB3 (not 'other workers') and were born in Canada, then yes, you'd be current. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-may-2024.html

Edited by appleblossom

17 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It will depend on the category and your country of birth - assuming you're a 'normal' EB3 (not 'other workers') and were born in Canada, then yes, you'd be current. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-may-2024.html

I'm "EB3 - Skilled Workers" which I assume is 'normal'. Also, yes, I am Canadian born.

8 hours ago, canadian85 said:

Any update on June invites for employment category? I am DQ since Aug 2023. Getting the 60 days letter every 2 months with no updates.

I am not receiving one of those letters. Is this normal? It has been 6 months since I was DQ'ed, but I have never received one of those letters.

56 minutes ago, Mazda_Ace said:

So, you should have been invited a while ago

According to this forum, May invitations included DQ dates of Nov-21-2022, Dec-8-2022, and Dec-19-2022. 

Also, prior to April 19th, the MTL consulate was scheduling interviews with DQ of July 2022. The scheduling DQ date jumped 6 months between Mar/Apr. I think I was on the cusp of interview letter scheduling with my DQ later(Dec-28-2022) than the examples provided.

Do you know of any ILs for DQs of Jan 2023?

2 hours ago, Mazda_Ace said:

You will receive this email at the beginning of the month that you become current.

Thank you for the information. Could you please clarify what you mean by "become current"? I'm not familiar with this term in this context and would like to understand it better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.