Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,216 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mazda said:

My DQ is in July 2023, and my priority date is December 2022. Is it possible to obtain a TN Visa and then apply from inside the US? Is this a faster process? It appears that the current procedure is significantly slow and may take several months.

As tn is a temporary visa. You cannot enter the US with a temporary visa with the intention of staying permanently. It's fraud, and you also risk being rejected at the border which can jepordise your chances of getting your eb visa. 

1 hour ago, Mano001 said:

Does NVC usually wait for visa bulletin to be published before sending out interview letters? 

Nope. The days in which they sent never really had much of a pattern either. I know that family group got sent around 20th Dec for February interviews. But I've yet to see anyone from eb on any blogs or reddit having received a letter since may. 

They would often send the family letters and the eb letters at different times of the month too. 

On 12/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, DrJh07 said:

I saw your reply after posting my first reply. Yes, if you have other options than Montreal, you should choose another like 485. The only downside with 485 is that you can't leave the country while applying for 485 unless you get AP (advance parol). 

Thank you very much. it is very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Rico777 said:

What’s the average timeframe to get the SSN after crossing the border and activating the green card?

It's advised you wait 10 days before you apply for your SSN.  After that, it's not long. Register for Informed Delivery and you can watch for the envelope to appear in mail tracking.  

You can begin working as soon as your visa is endorsed as it serves as proof of identity and employment authorization.  If an employer tries to deny you the opportunity to begin work, show them the instructions for form I-9.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/21/2023 at 10:33 PM, LAB_BD said:

We are expecting a baby. My PD is in June 2021 and DQ is in October 2022. If I add my newborn baby, should I expect any delay with my case?  How can I add my baby after DQ?

No it does not affect processing time. I added my child to our case by uploading and submitting the scans of birth and identity certificates through NVC portal. Please check FAQ section on NVC website.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Matt77, Thank you for your feedback. I applied for the birth certificate, I am waiting for it. I cannot apply for a passport without a birth certificate. Should I wait for the passport?

3 hours ago, Matt77 said:

No it does not affect processing time. I added my child to our case by uploading and submitting the scans of birth and identity certificates through NVC portal. Please check FAQ section on NVC website.

Edited by LAB_BD

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/5/2024 at 5:29 PM, dandelion1 said:

@KDEE @Alex Nzo @Beatles27 @A.R.M Have any of you had an interview letter yet? I believe you are all next in line from the spreadsheet...  but still have not seen any letters being sent out since May 2023. 

No progress yet in my EB1 case. My DQ is mid-May 2023, and the only communication I've received since then is the generic letter every 60 days from the NVC instructing me to continue waiting for the Montreal consulate.

Good luck everyone.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good evening, folks. I'll pile on with my situation. I'm also stuck waiting for my interview in Montreal. I'm EB1-C DQ date is June 28, 2023. As the above poster described, I've heard nothing except the 60 days "please be patient" email.

My only complication is my E2 Visa expires Dec 2024, really hoping to get this taken care of this year, or I don't know how I will enter the country until GC is approved.

Good luck!

CS AZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.