Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,174 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, ACC24 said:

We did not carry any other documents other than mentioned. This was not our final move which will happen eventually :)  We returned back to Canada after 4 days in US. Hope all works out good for  you all as well!

Thank you! I hope so too, will share our experience once we land. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/29/2023 at 12:48 AM, Ava1 said:

After entering the US on IV- How long will it take to get the green card in the mail? Is there a waiting for SSN as well?

After you pay the greencard fee, it will arrive.  If your paperwork didn't include the SSN or if it takes longer than about 2 weeks, head into your local SSA with your immigration paperwork and have them check if a number was issued and/or issue you a SSN. 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:13 PM, newbie75 said:

@ACC24 Thanks for sharing your experience. We are planning to do the final move later this summer after the school year is done. Is there any documents to carry other than the sealed packages, passports when this isn't the final move? Did you return back to Canada the same day after landing? Thank you!

Make sure you enter before the expiration date of the medical or the visa.  Typically, it's 6mo after your medical.  

Be careful with slingshotting.  You're subject (depending on province) to finding yourself without provincial health coverage.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update from Montreal Consulate site:

As of May 01, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in January 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in December 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

EB moved by one month.

12 minutes ago, Texasbound1 said:

Update from Montreal Consulate site:

As of May 01, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in January 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in December 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

EB moved by one month.

As of April 4, 2023, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in January 2023; most Family Preference cases with visa numbers available that are being scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in November 2022; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in January 2021.

Only family moved by one month, EB is still the same as last month

Hi Team - Need help on the covid vaccine for my toddler who is 2.5 years old. We went to Dr. Lyndon for medical and he said he cannot submit daughter medical as she doesn't have the covid vaccine. We can get her 1 dose now but it won't be possible to get both before the interview i.e., scheduled for end of May. 

From this groups experience, can anyone pls share what the normal practice that visa officer follow in this case? do they reject the case and ask to re schedule when covid vaccine is done, or you can show them appointment for 2nd dose and hope they approve it? any help will be much appreciated. 

Best Regards,

6 minutes ago, MR.R said:

Hi Team - Need help on the covid vaccine for my toddler who is 2.5 years old. We went to Dr. Lyndon for medical and he said he cannot submit daughter medical as she doesn't have the covid vaccine. We can get her 1 dose now but it won't be possible to get both before the interview i.e., scheduled for end of May. 

From this groups experience, can anyone pls share what the normal practice that visa officer follow in this case? do they reject the case and ask to re schedule when covid vaccine is done, or you can show them appointment for 2nd dose and hope they approve it? any help will be much appreciated. 

Best Regards,

The clinic told me that as long as the two doses of the covid-19 vaccine have not been completed, even if you have completed the medical examination, they will not pass the medical examination results to the consulate unless you provide the clinic with proof of completing the two doses of the vaccine

Just now, Lkkclub123 said:

The clinic told me that as long as the two doses of the covid-19 vaccine have not been completed, even if you have completed the medical examination, they will not pass the medical examination results to the consulate unless you provide the clinic with proof of completing the two doses of the vaccine

Yes - that's what they told me too. But they also mentioned that Visa officer can see the status of the kids medical through system, but the hospital won't be able to submit partial report. 

But how does that impact your case hearing? I can't leave my passport that long as i have travels so does it mean visa will be refused and will be asked to reschedule? or possibly AP?

3 minutes ago, Lkkclub123 said:

Normally for vaccinations, proof of starting the first dose should be enough for visa purposes. Because some vaccinations have long time frames, example Hep B needs 6 months for all three doses. Also, one important thing to consider is US is stopping all covid 19 restrictions on May 11. Which means they are not asking for travelers for proof of vaccination anymore. So probably CDC may change the guideline for immigrant visa too. But that is wait and watch

1 minute ago, TheMaverick said:

Normally for vaccinations, proof of starting the first dose should be enough for visa purposes. Because some vaccinations have long time frames, example Hep B needs 6 months for all three doses. Also, one important thing to consider is US is stopping all covid 19 restrictions on May 11. Which means they are not asking for travelers for proof of vaccination anymore. So probably CDC may change the guideline for immigrant visa too. But that is wait and watch

That's an encouraging news. but would be retrospective if my medical is submitted before May 11? even thou my interview date is May 30th.

7 minutes ago, MR.R said:

Yes - that's what they told me too. But they also mentioned that Visa officer can see the status of the kids medical through system, but the hospital won't be able to submit partial report. 

But how does that impact your case hearing? I can't leave my passport that long as i have travels so does it mean visa will be refused and will be asked to reschedule? or possibly AP?

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

image.thumb.png.eb1c33da87047e8c178780075fca153e.png

On 4/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, ACC24 said:

We did not carry any other documents other than mentioned. This was not our final move which will happen eventually :)  We returned back to Canada after 4 days in US. Hope all works out good for  you all as well!

We completed the landing. It was smooth. @ACC24 The officers did not take a pic of my son who is just 7 or his biometrics during the process. Is that common?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.