Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,120 posts in this topic

Does anyone help me understand the Final Action Dates chart in the visa bulletin? Yesterday EB2 ROW retrogressed to 15 Feb 2022.  Can anyone let me know if this chart effects those who are DQ'ed and waiting for interview appointment? Or does the final action date is only for those in the US who are going to do AOS? THank you. 

14 minutes ago, Characteristicall said:

Does anyone help me understand the Final Action Dates chart in the visa bulletin? Yesterday EB2 ROW retrogressed to 15 Feb 2022.  Can anyone let me know if this chart effects those who are DQ'ed and waiting for interview appointment? Or does the final action date is only for those in the US who are going to do AOS? THank you. 

They legally can't issue your an IV (IVP) or a Green Card (AOS) if your PD is AFTER the final action date. They won't schedule an interview until you PD is current, and if you have an interview, they will mostly likely cancel it. They retrogression happens on May 1st though, so if you have an interview in April, you aren't affected. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/11/2023 at 1:33 PM, shara9c said:

@ACC24 What was your DQ date? and do you know officially how much time we have to make final move to US after getting Green Card Processed at Border. I mean importing car, Car title transfer, License transfer,  Buying/renting house and relocate permanently. Any official guideline from USCIS..?

You have 6 months from the expiration date of your medical or the visa in your passport, whichever comes first (typically your medical) to enter the US.  

You may want to reconsider attempting to import your vehicle.  It can be a real headache.  There are a couple of other threads talking about these challenges.  If you do decide to import it, you'll need to ensure the vehicle is paid off in full or have permission from the finance company that they will allow you to export it from Canada, the letter of compliance from the manufacturer, bill of sale and the EPA and HS-7 forms filled out.  Once you get to whatever state you're moving to, you'll have to research what you need to do to register and insure in that state as well as the timeline to do so.  

I do recommend if you own property and are planning to sell it, do so before you enter the US.  The non resident withholdings and clearance certificates are a pain in the rear to obtain from the Canadian Government and may cause delays with the property sale. 

The expectation is you enter the US to live permanently, so depending on your province, activating that visa will terminate provincial benefits like health care because you are a permanent resident of the US.  If you do need to leave the US for longer than 6mo, you should file an I-131 reentry permit. 

On 4/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, Lkkclub123 said:

From submitting the DS-260 to the interview, it has been at least two years. Now we wiill interview,during the gap, do we need to update the DS-260 file again?  Such as study, work, place of residence, or even passport information(change a new passport)?  Or we don't need do anything for DS-260?

Please help me to answer this question, thank you

Once your DS-260 is approved, it typically gets locked out.  I believe you can still upload documents to CEAC, but you can also just take the updates to the interview as others have said.  If DoS requests for you to update, they will unlock it and allow you to make changes.  This doesn't seem to happen unless someone is issued a DS-5535. Just take the updates to the interview and let the CO know. 

If anyone has a passport expiring soon and an interview coming up, renew the passport in advance.  It's one less headache that you have to worry about after you've enter the US.  There will be other new, life building headaches you'll want to be focused on :)

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Hello Everyone! I have been following this topic for a while and got a lot of knowledge and information from all the participants. Thank you so much everyone for sharing your experience.

I have received an email from NVC to pay the IV Application Processing Fee for myself and my spouse. But my kids are missing in the invoice. Has anyone gone through this situation? Please provide any information on how you have added the dependents to the case after the NVC sent the invoice for Primary applicant and Spouse. Appreciate your help.

My Case Details Below:

EB-2 India - Priority Date: Apr 19, 2012

I-824 to transfer to NVC Receipt Date: Dec 20, 2021

I-824 Approved: Mar 24, 2023

I will add my details to the Google sheet.

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, ALC said:

They legally can't issue your an IV (IVP) or a Green Card (AOS) if your PD is AFTER the final action date. They won't schedule an interview until you PD is current, and if you have an interview, they will mostly likely cancel it. They retrogression happens on May 1st though, so if you have an interview in April, you aren't affected. 

Do you know if My PD is from Oct 2021, and I have interview May 24th, it still should be good? 

My spouse activated his immigrant visa today at US port of entry Lynden,  made a U turn and came back to canada at the same time. He was planning to go through Pacific Highway but landed at Lynden  due to a missed turn. He was able to complete the process within 30 min or so. Border officer stamped the visa and was told he can use the visa for a year to enter US. However, officer did not take my husband's fingerprint and photograph during the process. My husband realized this later while he was driving back home. I hope thats not an issue.

Edited by F2J_March

15 hours ago, F2J_March said:

My spouse activated his immigrant visa today at US port of entry Lynden,  made a U turn and came back to canada at the same time. He was planning to go through Pacific Highway but landed at Lynden  due to a missed turn. He was able to complete the process within 30 min or so. Border officer stamped the visa and was told he can use the visa for a year to enter US. However, officer did not take my husband's fingerprint and photograph during the process. My husband realized this later while he was driving back home. I hope thats not an issue.

@F2J_March Congratulations!! As I have read earlier in this forum, 3 important things for smoothly receiving physical GC is

- sealed envelope being sent from border office to USCIS

- immigrant fee being paid

- fingerprints ( not sure if photograph too) on file at USCIS

There are ways to follow up in case receiving physical GC is delayed, but if there is a chance its better to make sure things are done right from our end to avoid any delays. 

On 4/15/2023 at 6:34 AM, pilot787 said:

Do you know if My PD is from Oct 2021, and I have interview May 24th, it still should be good? 

It's still earlier than the Final Action Date announced in the May VB, so it should be fine. The only edge case I see is if they further retrogress EB2 ROW to before your FAD, and you get AP'ed, you could be impacted the lack of availability during AP. But the chance should be tiny, fingers crossed for you. When the June VB comes out in mid-May, you'd at least know what the situation might look like before your interview, so you can plan accordingly. 

On a related note, seems like they are going to further retrogress India EB1&EB2 as well as China EB1, and maybe even ROW EB1, this could be the reason that Montreal prioritized the EB1's these past a couple of months to get ahead of the curve. 

1 hour ago, F2J_March said:

@ACC24 Do we track the status of GC card using receipt number that was provided when immigrant visa fee was paid? Currently, it just shows payment received. Does it show other status as well??

Yes. Our status shows "payment received" as of today as well and hoping it changes/updates soon. I am not exactly sure of the timeline for the update in status while tracking.

@F2J_March by any chance are you importing car from Canada to US? I am looking info/discussion on the forum if anyone imported the cars from Canada to US that were initially bought in US? We had imported our cars from US to Canada when we moved in 2018 and now we have to reverse it all back 🤪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.