JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
4 hours ago, Desy said:

I know that someone else went ahead and booked their appointment in this situation however, I’m not sure if they got this warning notification. I feel like I’m going to be in the same situation soon. 

I emailed the Embassy and two days later I received my packet 3 and the green light to schedule my interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Not sure if similar but the Indian embassy sent a physical notice with instructions to schedule the interview.

Oh wow. I've not received any physical mail since my NOA 2 lol. Just emails which is faster anyway.

10 hours ago, RamiZest said:

Oh wow. I've not received any physical mail since my NOA 2 lol. Just emails which is faster anyway.

Haha yeah Indians prefer the old school

method of doing things. But the steps were already available online so the notice was kinda redundant. I’m betting some of the other embassy’s are more efficient with this stuff and it’s not as messy as the Mumbai embassy. The volume here is just ridiculous.

Hi All, we are prepping for our interview and our interview coach says it may look suspicious that we are choosing to get married in the US and not in India. He says why the girls parents would be okay with sending her to US without being married. 
Has anyone heard of this and what should we say to assure them it’s not fraudulent?

16 hours ago, Pranav469 said:

Hi All, we are prepping for our interview and our interview coach says it may look suspicious that we are choosing to get married in the US and not in India. He says why the girls parents would be okay with sending her to US without being married. 
Has anyone heard of this and what should we say to assure them it’s not fraudulent?

That’s okay they can ask whatever they want you just answer honestly that’s all don’t worry they are trying to intimidate. 
Also by the way can you tell me how many days you waited after NOA2 before they send you to schedule interview? We are 80 days and have not heard anything. 

On 11/10/2022 at 7:15 PM, dlet said:

I just got my case number today! 🥳

I want to offer some advice to everyone here still waiting, even if it may already be know. My NOA2 was Aug 30th, so most here are likely before me. If you're still waiting on your case number, DO NOT DELAY. Contact your local Congress person. I did on Oct 27th and even though my case wasn't ready yet, they did provide a response and my receive date in a matter of days. I submitted an inquiry directly to NVC myself on Oct 25th and according to their estimates I shouldn't have received a response yet, but today I received my case number from them! I honestly think they reply sooner when your case is complete because I've heard of others receiving responses much faster then the posted timeframes. Take all avenues and stay on top. I wish everyone the best and hope all August NOA2s get their case numbers soon!

Do you know if your congressman’s office emailed or called nvc? I’m wondering how long they take to respond to emails if they inquired that way. Congratulations on getting the case number! 

Edited by Optimist19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Considering that you have exhausted all possible actions like calling USCIS and/or NVC, contacting ombudsman and reaching out to your Congressman/woman to no avail ..has anyone had experience with Mandamus Lawsuit?

On 11/26/2022 at 8:31 PM, Optimist19 said:

Do you know if your congressman’s office emailed or called nvc? I’m wondering how long they take to respond to emails if they inquired that way. Congratulations on getting the case number! 

They inquired through email and received a response the next day.

Edited by dlet

On 11/25/2022 at 4:53 AM, Nat Dan said:

That’s okay they can ask whatever they want you just answer honestly that’s all don’t worry they are trying to intimidate. 
Also by the way can you tell me how many days you waited after NOA2 before they send you to schedule interview? We are 80 days and have not heard anything. 

Hi, it took almost 80 days as well for my case to be sent. Timelines vary to be honest. Some get sent faster and some slower.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, PeterCrist said:

Considering that you have exhausted all possible actions like calling USCIS and/or NVC, contacting ombudsman and reaching out to your Congressman/woman to no avail ..has anyone had experience with Mandamus Lawsuit?

There's this immigration lawyer called Mr Morrison that charges about 5k usd for a mandamus (when I once asked). It works. His phone number: +1714 661-3446. He also replies to your doubts, no charge.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.