J&D1008

AUGUST 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello...Welcome!

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together.

Stay patient because this is a long process currently running 11-13 months for your NOA2 or petition approval by USCIS (first stage). Then your petition will be sent to NVC (second stage) and finally your interview at the embassy (third stage).  Also, do not compare yourself to others....Some will receive NOA-2 faster than others, some will be stuck at NVC for longer and then finally some will receive interviews fairly quickly at embassy. STAY PATIENT! 

Please create the timeline in your profile. Also note that USCIS goes by "Received date" :

Example

I-129 F Sent -  August 2, 2022

I-129 F Received - August 5, 2022 (NOA-1) 

I-129 F - Notice Date -August 8,, 2022

In this example your NOA-1 should be August 5. This will help you fill out your timeline properly. 

readingForm.png

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guess ill get this ball rolling. Filed August 5th and tracking says it was picked up from lockbox on the 10th yet i still havent received NOA1 not even a text or email and thats with a G1145 submitted as well.

this normal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, SP1988 said:

Guess ill get this ball rolling. Filed August 5th and tracking says it was picked up from lockbox on the 10th yet i still havent received NOA1 not even a text or email and thats with a G1145 submitted as well.

this normal?

Not sure. I filed on the 12th and already received my noa1 today in the mail. They never emailed me even though I submitted the g1145 but I did get a text message telling me it was recieved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mello3 said:

Not sure. I filed on the 12th and already received my noa1 today in the mail. They never emailed me even though I submitted the g1145 but I did get a text message telling me it was recieved.

See now im worried that was quick for you

Timeline
2 hours ago, SP1988 said:

See now im worried that was quick for you

I'm not really experienced enough to say if there is reason to worry. I follow a few other people's timelime for my fiance's country and that helps me manage expectations. I think mine is similar to theirs. Maybe a good idea is when you go to your timeline check similar timelines for people from the country of your mate. 

It might be very similar, good luck.

Timeline

It kind of sucks having to put your life on hold for over a year while people push paperwork. I could walk the papers door to door myself in the the time it takes lol

1 hour ago, Mello3 said:

It kind of sucks having to put your life on hold for over a year while people push paperwork. I could walk the papers door to door myself in the the time it takes lol

Yeah it’s a long journey!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess I shall add here too, especially since I've been spectator for the better part of this year lol.

• I-129 F Sent -  August 30, 2022
  • I-129 F Received - September 2, 2022 (NOA-1)  (this is strange because USPS showed it delivered to the PO Box on Sept 3rd @ 6 am lol? But I'll take it!)
    • I submitted payment via G-1450 form, charged September 6th
  • I-129 F - Notice Date - September 7, 2022 (text/email sent to me, paper copy on the way)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TMMT said:

Guess I shall add here too, especially since I've been spectator for the better part of this year lol.

• I-129 F Sent -  August 30, 2022
  • I-129 F Received - September 2, 2022 (NOA-1)  (this is strange because USPS showed it delivered to the PO Box on Sept 3rd @ 6 am lol? But I'll take it!)
    • I submitted payment via G-1450 form, charged September 6th
  • I-129 F - Notice Date - September 7, 2022 (text/email sent to me, paper copy on the way)

Welcome! You should join the September filers... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

NOA1 - August 19th!

My only idea for the upcoming Year-ish of waiting is visiting my fiancé at least 3 times in the next 12 months. We have literally just made it through 2.5 years of LDR and saw each other in the Philippines recently when border opened up (Fiancé lives in Japan). That trip allowed us to apply for the visa. Now, what's another year? Especially if Japan opens their borders and I can get in to see her every other 4 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.