J&D1008

AUGUST 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, Mello3 said:

Not sure. I filed on the 12th and already received my noa1 today in the mail. They never emailed me even though I submitted the g1145 but I did get a text message telling me it was recieved.

I had the same thing! No email, just text. I did get it in the paper copy in the mail though. Did you ever get the email version with the G1145?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, vivster said:

I had the same thing! No email, just text. I did get it in the paper copy in the mail though. Did you ever get the email version with the G1145?

No, surprisingly I never got an email either. I hope that doesnt mean they misunderstood the email and sent it elsewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline
On 1/25/2023 at 12:12 AM, BetsKel said:

I see the processing timeline is up to 15.5 months now...🤔

This is about what we were expecting. I am still trying to understand if that 15 months is the time before we should expect the NOA2 or the time we should anticipate before the interview? 

Edited by Mello3

2 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

This is about what we were expecting. I am still trying to understand if that 15 months is the time before we should expect the NOA2 or the time we should anticipate before the interview? 

NOA2 unfortunately...

On some other sites, people are claiming to receive NOA2 in 6-8 months.  I'll believe it when I see it here. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, BetsKel said:

NOA2 unfortunately...

On some other sites, people are claiming to receive NOA2 in 6-8 months.  I'll believe it when I see it here. 

12 hours ago, BetsKel said:

NOA2 unfortunately...

Those people are lying, I have been looking and asking everywhere. I doubt that seriously. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, BetsKel said:

Yeah the lawyer we are using says they are seeing it in about 10-12 months for most of their clients. 

that has to be old data, USCIS works in approximate order, everyone except expedites and those needing more intense background checks will be ~15months. It was 10-12months spring 2022 but has been 14months+ since summer at least. 

It has gone down a little in that some people are getting approvals at 14months but the majority are still around 15 months. USCIS is looking at Oct-Dec 2021 cases right now (Dec started last week). To get 10-12months as things stand, you have to jump the queue by 4-5months which just isn't going to happen.

The 6-8month cases I've seen have been expedites (which they usually don't tell you unless asked) or there was recently a case of someone being transferred to vermont and getting an approval at 7months. It is not the norm. Lawyers have constantly been shown to be out of touch (or maybe lying) about expected wait time, some still tell clients 6months which on what planet?!

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/26/2023 at 3:55 PM, SP1988 said:

Just checking in anyone from august heard anything??

I dont think any of us is going to hear anything until late this summer. I do see that the estimate has moved up about a month since we first filed. It was previously in Nov 2023 now the new estimates are all in Oct so that is good news I guess lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.