2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I actually can't help feeling that they did this on purpose--not for egocentric reasons, I am not so important at all--but it is so ridiculous that it becomes harder to explain this by incompetence alone. Why? I have no idea. It isn't right that others be pushed ahead and I keep languishing.

Stay positive bro!  You are almost there. Send email to the consulate about request about second medical. Use the email to get started on the second medical. Ensure you have all the information that the physician might need. There may be some additional vaccinations that you might need. Check physician's website.  After your doctor sends the medical, it would take 2 weeks to get your visa in your passport!  I can see the light at the end of the long long long tunnel for you!!!! Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Now my DS-260 on CEAC IV site says "re-opened". No mention of a medical. Wth am I supposed to do with that. Law firm is useless at guidance, consulate will take weeks to respond. I am fed up.

They reopened my moms DS-260 as well. And I just updated whatever needed to be updated. 
In her case I had to update her trip to US she made in 2022 since that was within 5 years now. 
I wonder if ds260 is reopened if your case has been pending for a certain period of time. 

The email I got from embassy pointed out that my moms ds 260 was reopened and I need to submit the confirmation page barcode to them once it’s  completed. 

wonder if their email went to your junk box? 
but likely scenario is someone forgot to hit send on the email you’re supposed to receive asking for everything 

but congrats! You’re done with ds5535 and just need to get through this last step! I know it’s hard to be optimistic but I hope you celebrate this victory. Happy for you! 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

They reopened my moms DS-260 as well. And I just updated whatever needed to be updated. 
In her case I had to update her trip to US she made in 2022 since that was within 5 years now. 
I wonder if ds260 is reopened if your case has been pending for a certain period of time. 

The email I got from embassy pointed out that my moms ds 260 was reopened and I need to submit the confirmation page barcode to them once it’s  completed. 

wonder if their email went to your junk box? 
but likely scenario is someone forgot to hit send on the email you’re supposed to receive asking for everything 

but congrats! You’re done with ds5535 and just need to get through this last step! I know it’s hard to be optimistic but I hope you celebrate this victory. Happy for you! 

I have no idea how to proceed. I do not want to touch the DS-260 if I am not required to. I am waiting for either the consulate or my law firm to tell me how to proceed on this.

15 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I have no idea how to proceed. I do not want to touch the DS-260 if I am not required to. I am waiting for either the consulate or my law firm to tell me how to proceed on this

Just log in and update anything required ( address for example) if no changes needed then you just go page by page to review and submit so you get that confirmation/ bar code needed.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Family said:

Just log in and update anything required ( address for example) if no changes needed then you just go page by page to review and submit so you get that confirmation/ bar code needed.

It seems like a bad idea--because then that would open up the need to vet the form and documentarily qualify it again. I do not want to make any changes to the form that would spur on another bureaucratic process thread...

3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

It seems like a bad idea--because then that would open up the need to vet the form and documentarily qualify it again. I do not want to make any changes to the form that would spur on another bureaucratic process thread

You are no longer subject to DQ by NVC. DS-260 unlock is by Consulate and the usual protocol when cases have been struck in AP for an extended time or delayed for other reasons ( like waiting for approval of waivers) . 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I have no idea how to proceed. I do not want to touch the DS-260 if I am not required to. I am waiting for either the consulate or my law firm to tell me how to proceed on this.

18 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

It seems like a bad idea--because then that would open up the need to vet the form and documentarily qualify it again. I do not want to make any changes to the form that would spur on another bureaucratic process thread...

I think it’s worth waiting for clarification 

but if it helps, for my mom it didn’t add any Additional processing time. I had to add and delete trips within 5 years and update that her spouse lived in US. Got her visa within 4 weeks of submitting docs back to them. 

but I highly suggest you get the RCMP police check again. It’s for sure going to be required and waiting time for that is 2-3 weeks. Get it asap and you’ll save some valuable time  

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

5 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

but if it helps, for my mom it didn’t add any Additional processing time. I had to add and delete trips within 5 years and update that her spouse lived in US. Got her visa within 4 weeks of submitting docs back to them. 

but I highly suggest you get the RCMP police check again. It’s for sure going to be required and waiting time for that is 2-3 weeks. Get it asap and you’ll save some valuable time  

Good catch! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hey guys, good news, today the status changed from "application received" to "Approved"-- i'm just a little bit  nervous about it since I've seen the others said theirs said "Issued" instead? Should I be waiting for that instead?

also, @kryptonite, where did you get your tracking info? do they just email it to you? 

16th dec (refused) -> 28th dec -> 03 jan -> 04 jan (application received) --> 06 jan (approved)

Timeline
19 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

I am going to be getting the RCMP police check tomorrow, yes. However, I am not going to touch this DS-260 unless I get some guidance, I don't want to alter and then trigger a reassessment of the DS-260 needlessly. The problem is, the law firm is being of no help, they just inevitably say 'contact the consulate', who themselves never answer for weeks!

I am so angry that I have paid $5,000 USD for no help. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Family said:

You are no longer subject to DQ by NVC. DS-260 unlock is by Consulate and the usual protocol when cases have been struck in AP for an extended time or delayed for other reasons ( like waiting for approval of waivers) . 

I do not want to touch the DS-260, not to update it for anything, for fear of triggering new diversion to a bureaucratic sub-process. Someone, whether it be the consulate or the law firm handling my mandamus case (I really regret now even giving them the money) needs to instruct me specifically how to proceed.

12 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

do not want to touch the DS-260, not to update it for anything, for fear of triggering new diversion to a bureaucratic sub-process. Someone, whether it be the consulate or the law firm handling my mandamus case (I really regret now even giving them the money) needs to instruct me specifically how to proceed.

I really appreciate your position. Forgive me, I was under the impression the consulate had actually sent out a list of requirements ( among them updating the DS-260 )..for what looks like some movement in your case. 
I am cautiously optimistic that it is a good sign and your mandamus action may soon pay off. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Family said:

I really appreciate your position. Forgive me, I was under the impression the consulate had actually sent out a list of requirements ( among them updating the DS-260 )..for what looks like some movement in your case. 
I am cautiously optimistic that it is a good sign and your mandamus action may soon pay off. 

I want to stay optimistic. What I am concerned about is, given what law firm reported from talking to US attorney, supposedly they instructed the consulate ("the agency" is the term the paralegal used, I start wondering if they even know what the details of my case are) to request a new medical. That did not happen. It was not in junk mail, and wouldn't be anyway. It just didn't happen. In addition, they 're-opened' DS-260 for no apparent reason, and didn't tell me that either. Now, the court deadline for the govt approaches next week, Jan 14. So what is going to happen now? The govt is going to claim to the court that they asked me for medical and i didn't respond, so please dismiss?? Is this what this is going towards?

5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I want to stay optimistic. What I am concerned about is, given what law firm reported from talking to US attorney, supposedly they instructed the consulate ("the agency" is the term the paralegal used, I start wondering if they even know what the details of my case are) to request a new medical. That did not happen. It was not in junk mail, and wouldn't be anyway. It just didn't happen. In addition, they 're-opened' DS-260 for no apparent reason, and didn't tell me that either. Now, the court deadline for the govt approaches next week, Jan 14. So what is going to happen now? The govt is going to claim to the court that they asked me for medical and i didn't respond, so please dismiss?? Is this what this is going towards?

You have reached out directly to the consulate, so plenty of record established that actions were taken..so your worry there is unfounded.

Like you, I am weary of paralegal updates…especially when I hear they enter very limited G-28 s ( mandamus only) . 
You just keep up efforts to communicate with consulate…I would even consider an email to consulate w cc copy to attorney…innocently say you are under the impression there must be a lost email ( spam ?) instructing you to re do medicals.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Family said:

You have reached out directly to the consulate, so plenty of record established that actions were taken..so your worry there is unfounded.

Like you, I am weary of paralegal updates…especially when I hear they enter very limited G-28 s ( mandamus only) . 
You just keep up efforts to communicate with consulate…I would even consider an email to consulate w cc copy to attorney…innocently say you are under the impression there must be a lost email ( spam ?) instructing you to re do medicals.

Thanks for the tip, I have sent another email and cc'ed the law firm and my case email that they set up. Unfortunately, my experience with consulate is they do not respond for 2-3 weeks. There are people on here who claim that they have got back responses the next day, but I cannot see how that is true. It certainly hasn't been my experience, ever, with Montreal consulate, over the last couple of years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.