2,958 posts in this topic

Hi friends

I am new here on this form.I want to share my interview experience.

I had a interview on 24 October 2022.she quickly asked me few questions.Afrer the interview she said your going to Ap.she kept my passport and all my original documents.she said we don’t need any documents from you but they asked me to sign a paper .she give me 22g white paper

she said next communication we will touch with you in email..my case updated two time till right now

can please anyone guide me how long it will take to issue the visa 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Gha said:

Hi friends

I had a interview on 24 October 2022.she quickly asked me few questions.Afrer the interview she said your going to Ap.she kept my passport and all my original documents.she said we don’t need any documents from you but they asked me to sign a paper .she give me 22g white paper

she said next communication we will touch with you in email..my case updated two time till right now

Thank you 

Wow that’s the first time I’ve seen anyone have their original documents taken. 

On 11/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Gha said:

Can range from months to years.

9 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

@Jorgedig may be  you are right.but they did not issue me DS 5335.

Thank you

What was the 221G requesting?  Sometimes the 5535 is sent subsequently.  Is your country of birth one other than Canada?

Hi

@Jorgedig The officer told me  everything looks good .but your case is going for Ap.

I asked her you need any more information or any other documents.but she said we don’t need any thing .we will send you email if we need anything .right now more then 6 week I did not receive anything or even my employer did not receive anything 

Thank you 

1 minute ago, Gha said:

Hi

@Jorgedig The officer told me  everything looks good .but your case is going for Ap.

I asked her you need any more information or any other documents.but she said we don’t need any thing .we will send you email if we need anything .right now more then 6 week I did not receive anything or even my employer did not receive anything 

Thank you 

For whatever reason, they seem to be doing additional background checks.  Hopefully it doesn't last much longer.  Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Waiting forever11 said:

Has anyone reached out to the consulate while WOM has been served and awaiting reply? 

Well, I had to reach out to them subsequent to my filing to correct an odd status problem, and they eventually replied and corrected. I am still here in WOM limbo, and I have begun to wonder about whether my money was even well spent. But that's another subject.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel cheated at this point, I am like the longest-serving member of this thread, and no sign yet that anything is changing for me, even after the expense of filing the suit. 

Best case scenario, it looks like I will spend *at least* several more months in limbo, after 3.5 years of process already. Ladies and gentlemen and whoever else, I am tired and getting low on money at this point.. I hope none of you will have such an embittering, absurd situation with this process as I have had, I would be reluctant to wish this on my worst enemy.

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Well, I had to reach out to them subsequent to my filing to correct an odd status problem, and they eventually replied and corrected. I am still here in WOM limbo, and I have begun to wonder about whether my money was even well spent. But that's another subject.

Thank you for your reply 

On 11/26/2022 at 3:13 PM, Gha said:

Hi friends

Thank you 

Have you tried reaching out to the embassy via email to inquire about your status? 

Same thing happened to me I had my interview on Oct 31 and I was put into 221g and told they didn't need additional documents. I emailed them to inquire about my status 2 weeks after my interview and they responded to my email a week later and told me I need to send another police certificate. I'll be honest I'm irritated this wasn't communicated to me earlier. Pretty incompetent on their part. If I didn't email them I would've been still waiting.

Edited by Tiabeanie

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Brother, if I could give my 2cents; I would advise to embrace positivity rather than focusing on negativity. My personal experience revealed that the more I focused on the positive actions and leaving the rest to the destiny; helped me to deal with reality.  At the end of day, we are all microspec in the whole universal vastness. In grand scheme of existence, we actually don't exist or for that matter don't even matter! So make the best of it, no matter where you are.  Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.