2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Has anyone noticed CEAC not working in the last couple of days? I just tried again now, the submit button seems to produce no response from the site.

Yes, I tried this morning and it isn't working for me either.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, addpeace said:

Not alone. We decided not to file right now. We were going too but just cant do the cost. Im the sole income and my husband is a student. 

Yeah I hear that. My wife just finished being a student and although she was working some during, there wasn't really a way she could contribute to this. In fact, I was sending her help at times throughout. Now that she will be working in a 'proper' full-time job again it is possible she could help in future. But right now WoM suit would be all on me. That is a lot.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

So does that mean everyone got their visas and are gone?

lol i wish, still here

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

lol i wish, still here

You file WoM yet? I am still on the fence. If they decide to start fighting some of these, they will likely win because the court decisions show that the court doesn't even think *four years* is too long for even a spousal visa. And I have already had terrible luck, so not sure. Then again I don't know what other options there are, because, well, there aren't any... 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LAMA9 said:

Still here! 🙋‍♀️. Consulate requested that I redo medical and send in passport on Sept 26th.  Everything has been submitted now, sent a follow up email to consulate.  Now waiting on them... again...  (Filed WOM July 29, defendants served August 15).

There are a few of us that have now submitted all requested documents (redone medicals, etc.) that should be receiving our visas very soon. 

We have a WOM thread going in DM to discuss movement on our cases so as to not clutter this thread... 

@LAMA9 I did not file WOM.  I was asked to redo medical on Sep 15.  Called dr. Lyndon M.  In Toronto next day and told the earliest appointment was 12 days out.  Two weeks later now since the appointment and still waiting on the results.  They don’t answer the phone.    Where did you redo your medical and how long did it take for them to send the results to Montreal?  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

@LAMA9 I did not file WOM.  I was asked to redo medical on Sep 15.  Called dr. Lyndon M.  In Toronto next day and told the earliest appointment was 12 days out.  Two weeks later now since the appointment and still waiting on the results.  They don’t answer the phone.    Where did you redo your medical and how long did it take for them to send the results to Montreal?  

So strange!  Same doc.  They had appointments same week I called and got in really quickly.  My medical was Oct 3 and results were sent into consulate on Oct 7. I got an email from them confirming submission.  BUT because of my age, i didn't have to do blood tests (I am 47), so that likely made it faster for me.  I think 2-3 weeks is the standard waiting time for medical results to be uploaded, and they do email you once it has been completed.  I would email them and ask for Lilly, she is the practice manager.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bog-can said:

You were in AP and you escaped without WOM?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LAMA9 said:

So strange!  Same doc.  They had appointments same week I called and got in really quickly.  My medical was Oct 3 and results were sent into consulate on Oct 7. I got an email from them confirming submission.  BUT because of my age, i didn't have to do blood tests (I am 47), so that likely made it faster for me.  I think 2-3 weeks is the standard waiting time for medical results to be uploaded, and they do email you once it has been completed.  I would email them and ask for Lilly, she is the practice manager.  

Interesting.  I was offered sept 28 or October 3 so I took the earlier appointment.    I emailed Lilly on Tuesday about the status of my results and didn’t get a response.  The doctor  warned me that sometimes there is delay if Montreal /emedical people don’t reopen our emedical for resubmission.  They had my first medical submitted to Montreal in about a week.  So I have no idea what is causing the delay.  

Timeline

My husband’s passport was requested on Sept 15 and was received at the embassy on Sept 20. Few weeks went by with no updates. My husband emailed the embassy 2  wks ago and they responded last week saying they never received his passport. So he emailed back with the tracking and delivery confirmation with signature… well… visa was issued today!!! On our 2 year anniversary!! 

point of the story… email them to make sure they are reviewing the documents you send! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

.  I think 2-3 weeks is the standard waiting time for medical results to be uploaded,

I have not heard that 2-3 weeks between medical and uploading results is standard.  I read on their website to expect around a week.  I have heard that they prioritize those with interviews over those redoing their medical.  I have followed up by email again and hope to get an update .   Not sure what else I can do if they don’t respond again. 

25 minutes ago, roshakky said:

My husband’s passport was requested on Sept 15 and was received at the embassy on Sept 20. Few weeks went by with no updates. My husband emailed the embassy 2  wks ago and they responded last week saying they never received his passport. So he emailed back with the tracking and delivery confirmation with signature… well… visa was issued today!!! On our 2 year anniversary!! 

point of the story… email them to make sure they are reviewing the documents you send! 

Congrats! Does this mean CEAC is working now? 

Edited by throwitaway

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bog-can said:

Interesting.  I was offered sept 28 or October 3 so I took the earlier appointment.    I emailed Lilly on Tuesday about the status of my results and didn’t get a response.  The doctor  warned me that sometimes there is delay if Montreal /emedical people don’t reopen our emedical for resubmission.  They had my first medical submitted to Montreal in about a week.  So I have no idea what is causing the delay.  

Yes, the Dr. told me this too (reopening emedical portal for repeat medicals), but then Lilly told me because I am K1 there is no portal for K1s.  I see you are EB-1.  Perhaps the consulate is the problem (likely).  I would email the consulate and remind them to open it along with the request they sent you to get it done.  As we all know, they are a mess over there.  My first medical took 2 weeks and when I showed up for my interview they said they didn't have it.  I showed them the email from Dr. M's office that they sent it and poof! they suddenly "had it".  🤦‍♀️

Timeline
5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

So does that mean everyone got their visas and are gone?

Nope, still here, too! I emailed them and the actually responded on Oct. 7 and now that's my last update. Super generic email too. Approaching one full year in 3 weeks of waiting in AP. :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.