2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ap 5535 said:

To be honest with you i feel like front desk lady just made up excuse . She was not to sure about hep b . As she was going through my previous file she seems confuse. Dr was not there i feel like she want it to doctor first and then proceed ahead. I will call them again in afternoon to find status on it. Its just so painful procedure to do all over again. Where as i feel this should have been done in first time. After getting served it took them magically 10 days to clear all background checks & working on file. So what it tells me they just do this on purpose. Yes it is an expensive way to get what you deserve.

Of course. This need to do WOM to get out of AP is absolutely shameful, it reflects horribly on the bureaucracy. These were not legitimate security holds if they just get a summons and are like, ya, start working on them. My anger is palpable, I am not happy about what my wife and I have been put through, and still going!

18 hours ago, Ap 5535 said:

To be honest with you i feel like front desk lady just made up excuse . She was not to sure about hep b . As she was going through my previous file she seems confuse. Dr was not there i feel like she want it to doctor first and then proceed ahead. I will call them again in afternoon to find status on it. Its just so painful procedure to do all over again. Where as i feel this should have been done in first time. After getting served it took them magically 10 days to clear all background checks & working on file. So what it tells me they just do this on purpose. Yes it is an expensive way to get what you deserve.

Can you tell us more about what exactly happened with you recently?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Throwitaway1988 said:

By the way hep b is a new requirement, it was introduced I think late June or early July

You’ll probably need to get the shots if you interviewed before that

Yes, that is what we are seeing in the WOM group for those who have to repeat medicals.  You have to have either had the Hep B series or have immunity through a serology test if under the age of 59.  Dr. M has a new vaccination checklist which also includes sign off on Covid vaccines.  See here: https://www.visadoctor.ca/uskur/attachments/file/11baa1a6-bac6-45f8-a396-96155cf99415/18-64years.pdf.  But in expected fashion, no one is telling anyone this.  So be prepared and get a new checklist signed off by your GP before the medical!  

Yes sorry it get posted here . This post was belong WOM group. As lama mention hep b is new requirement i strongly suggest please to all of you . Please check your  immunity against hep b. If you do not have immunity against it. Please start working on it as there is long duration between vaccines. Rest of it in my post it was just a rant against consulate . They should have issued visa first place without being so late and filing a wom. It doest not seem its a lengthy procedure it took them 10 days after summon to work on my file. Its sad.

3 hours ago, Ap 5535 said:

Yes sorry it get posted here . This post was belong WOM group. As lama mention hep b is new requirement i strongly suggest please to all of you . Please check your  immunity against hep b. If you do not have immunity against it. Please start working on it as there is long duration between vaccines. Rest of it in my post it was just a rant against consulate . They should have issued visa first place without being so late and filing a wom. It doest not seem its a lengthy procedure it took them 10 days after summon to work on my file. Its sad.

What is this WOM group? Is it telegram?

Is it normal to not receive any replies after replying to the DS-5535 email with responses? We submitted them in the end of June and have not heard back, but the case has been updated on 07/08. 

For context: My mom and I got approved, but my dad is still in AP. My mom is the Principal Applicant so we are both planning to go before the visa expires. Hopefully, my dad’s case will be sorted out soon. 

Edited by F3MTL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Is it normal to not receive any replies after replying to the DS-5535 email with responses? We submitted them in the end of June and have not heard back, but the case has been updated on 07/08. 

For context: My mom and I got approved, but my dad is still in AP. My mom is the Principal Applicant so we are both planning to go before the visa expires. Hopefully, my dad’s case will be sorted out soon. 

Did you submit his passport? I'm curious how long they will keep it?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Also we are past the ds-5535 part. That got approved then we got an email to submit medical passport photos passport police records etc...now we are waiting again 

Timeline
1 minute ago, F3MTL said:

They kept his passport. How long were you in the DS-5535 part for? Did they email you confirming that they received it?

I think ds-5535 took 3-4 months and after they emailed us to submit passport etc..  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Oh wow, that’s pretty quick. Looks like you’re almost there, as I’m assuming they’re ready to issue your visa. What’s your category if you don’t mind me asking? Ours was F3.

Mines ir1 spouse visa.. my husband's case was complicated but finally we are in the last stage hopefully...the part that really socks is I lost my mom during the process in January and she was my main reason to move back 💔 I'll still move back to be near siblings though 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.