GilRivera

June 2022 I-130 filers

100 posts in this topic

No movement here, just wanted to see if anyone's had any movement with or without K3.  USCIS profile has an estimate of 3 months (I know it's pretty meaningless) for Vermont.  If only!

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/28/2022 at 2:30 AM, Bellaes said:

Would it be too late in the game to file a K3 or should I just wait it out? 

Yes probably too late but might worth it to give it a try.

My case has been updated yesterday to "actively reviewed".

PD : June 9

No K3

Nebraska service center (as far as I know)

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. Earlier this month the 6 month count down for a decision on my i130 expired with a note stating it would take longer to make a determination. This evening I checked again now its saying it will take 4 months until a decision. Praying that its sooner rather than later. Has anyone received any updates? I read on here the 2nd time case status states case is being reviewed is when USCIS is actually reviewing the case.

15 hours ago, MrMrsD said:

Hi everyone. Earlier this month the 6 month count down for a decision on my i130 expired with a note stating it would take longer to make a determination. This evening I checked again now its saying it will take 4 months until a decision. Praying that its sooner rather than later. Has anyone received any updates? I read on here the 2nd time case status states case is being reviewed is when USCIS is actually reviewing the case.

The new number is a lot more accurate.  I think they might have fixed the estimate.  The old number was extremely unlikely, which is why a lot of people recommended ignoring it.    As usual I'd recommend to just ignore that tab entirely and try my best not to "watch the pot boil" so to speak.

Fingers crossed that things speed up, though!  

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

No idea if true or not but an admin from a Facebook group I’m a part of for USCIS folks said this:

”USCIS change the estimated processing time for I-130's member are freaking out. 

Times did not actually go up , USCIS just changed the WAY they calculate the processing times. 

USCIS stopped using "cycle time" as a way to calculate times and switched to. "Processing Time Methodology"

Why? to  give a more accurate processing times. 

this will explain the difference between the two ways to calculate times. 

Under the Cycle Time Methodology USCIS takes the number of previous months of receipts number of previous months of receipts it takes to equal the current month’s pending receipt volume. USCIS’ hypothetical sample calculation reflects that if form I-129 has 500 applications pending for the month of March and received 200 receipts in January and 300 receipts in February, then the cycle time for Form I-129 in March is 2 months (200+300=500 pending applications). This is then defined as the lower range value. The upper range value is normally the lower range value x 1.3. If the cycle time is 2 months, then the upper range value would be 2 months x 1.3=2.6 months which USCIS would round up to 3 months.

So the range for Form I-129 processing for the month of March in this example would be 2 months to 3 months. This also means that the times listed on their website regarding your application are based on how long it took the Service to process applications, in some cases, before your application was even received.

Processing Time Methodology on the other hand calculates the number of months that elapse between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date that USCIS completes the application, petition, or request (when USCIS issues and approval or denial). USCIS provides a hypothetical example that if the Service received a Form I-485 application on February 23, 2020 and completed the application on April 5, 2020, then the processing time for that specific application is 41 days. The Service makes this calculation for every Form I-485 application that it completes in a specific period (in USCIS’ example here, this would be April 2020). USCIS then calculates the median value (or 50th percentile) for all Form I-485 applications completed from November 2019 to April 2020 inclusive, which represents the lower range value. USCIS also calculates the 93rd percentile, which represents the upper range value (or the “Receipt date for a case inquiry”). For example, for April 2020 for Form I-485, the Service’s processing times ranged from 19.5 months to 26.5 months. This means that USCIS adjudicated half its cases in 19.5 months or less (the 50% mark) and 93% of the applications in under 26.5 months. USCIS then completed the remaining 7% over 26.5 months.

In this example, the hypothetical range that would be posted on the website for Form I-485 for April 2020 would be 19.5 Months to 26.5 Months. In other words, while it may only take, for example, 41 days to adjudicate an application, it may be 17 to 22 months before that application reaches an officer’s hands.”

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center on 2022-07-01
Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marriage (if applicable): 2022-06-21
I-130 Sent : 2022-06-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2022-06-29

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MrMrsD said:

Hi everyone. Anyone ever experienced this with USCIS. My case was like this all morning before it changed back this afternoon.Screenshot_20230425-103705_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7743f9d73dd771f80f40b62eab3210aa.jpg

Yep, the site is bugged out currently.  A lot of people have the same.

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

June 2022 here, was just approved last week.

Filed for K3 in March. It seems like it might have sped up the process, but there's no way to know for certain.

Case was listed as under active review since end of January.

Edited by stirling

3 hours ago, gustavosgf5750 said:

So happy to announce we have been approved 🥳

PD: 06/01/2022

Approval date: 05/01/2023

Did you file K3?

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
3 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

Did you file K3?

No K3;

Our NOA1 came from Texas Service Center, somewhere in time and space our case was transferred to Potomac and our approval notice came from the National Benefits Center.

Also worth noticing we only had one active review right after we submitted the petition last year, yesterday it changed to approved and our approval notice was in the documents tab; 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 hours ago, gustavosgf5750 said:

No K3;

Our NOA1 came from Texas Service Center, somewhere in time and space our case was transferred to Potomac and our approval notice came from the National Benefits Center.

Also worth noticing we only had one active review right after we submitted the petition last year, yesterday it changed to approved and our approval notice was in the documents tab; 

Congrats ! Still waiting here ! PD is 06/09/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.