Orzo

APRIL 2022 FILERS (I-130)

117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, BlaIve said:

Just want to add to this thread that I also cannot sign in yet, and NVC sent me my welcome letter on January 22nd, around 38 hours ago 🙂

I can login now to CEAC, about 65 hrs after receiving my email. 

Email received: Jan 21 7:00pm

Able to login: Jan 24 12:30pm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi friends,

April 2022 filer here reporting.

I am the petitioner, wife is in India.

I-130 standalone.

PD 4/4/22

NOA1 4/8/22

Nebraska service center.

*crickets*

Did I do something wrong? My attorney is a broken record and says "when we get it, we can move on to visa processing."

I miss my wife very much 😢

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Sabster said:

Hi friends,

April 2022 filer here reporting.

I am the petitioner, wife is in India.

I-130 standalone.

PD 4/4/22

NOA1 4/8/22

Nebraska service center.

*crickets*

Did I do something wrong? My attorney is a broken record and says "when we get it, we can move on to visa processing."

I miss my wife very much 😢

Unfortunately, your attorney is right. There isn't much that can be done while waiting for the I-130, and the wait times depend on service center, complication of your case, if George is working that day instead of Daniel, and most of all just plain luck. I would check out the timelines of folks in your similar situation and see if you can find others who are still waiting. 

If you really feel as though there's an issue, you can reach out to USCIS only AFTER you are outside of normal processing time (normal for Nebraska according to USCIS is 10.5 months, so around the end of February.) In the meantime, I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with the NVC process. Your attorney is being paid to handle it, so it's up to you, but I don't think it would hurt. 

Good luck! Hope you get a response soon!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

hello all! happy Monday.🙂

I filed the i-130 for my parents in April 2022, not approved yet. Anyone else here filed for parents for IR-5 visa? 🙂

edit: just realized this is the thread for ir1-cr1 only, never mind!

Edited by ML12
words

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea about how this “first in first out” processing is working? My husband filed I-130 for me on the 1st of April last year, a month later we had the “Your case is being actively reviewed” remark and that’s it! Nothing since then. It makes me feel hopeless when I read that people who filed 2 or 3 months ago are already getting approved…  It makes no sense….

5 hours ago, Ochem said:

Any idea about how this “first in first out” processing is working? My husband filed I-130 for me on the 1st of April last year, a month later we had the “Your case is being actively reviewed” remark and that’s it! Nothing since then. It makes me feel hopeless when I read that people who filed 2 or 3 months ago are already getting approved…  It makes no sense….

Hi, I'm a Feb 2022 filer, and I don't know anything about a "first in first out" assurity.  Wouldn't it be great if that was the case, but the best we have is a general idea.  If your case is like mine, the "your case is being actively reviewed" (or we call it "AR" around here) will stay in that status the entire time, until the "RFE" or "NOA2". I filed electronically on Feb 5 2022.  The electronic filing was received to the Texas Service Center on Feb 5 2022.  That was the last update.  That was 377 days ago.  Another user mentioned chatting with USCIS via ”Emma" as a means to find out if my case was transferred... Turns out that indeed it was!  Also on Feb 5 2022, to Potomac Service Center.  No mention of that in the USCIS user portal.

Based on the crowd-souce info that others and ourselves provide, we are fairly confident that this type of "service" is normal.  That the "general idea" about time is fairly accurate.

I have seen numerous posts about the estimated date passing, and the obvious disappointment associated with that, then 2 days or 2 weeks later  they are posting that it was finally approved.  So hang in there.  Try not to get discouraged if someone who filed after you gets approved before you.  You can expect it.

As for me and my wife, we pray about it, and the rest is out of our hands.  Our job is to live committed and grow, regardless of the circumstances.  It hasn't always been easy, but I think the challenges that we all share contribute to a truly devoted partnership with our spouses.

42 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Based on the crowd-souce info that others and ourselves provide, we are fairly confident that this type of "service" is normal.  That the "general idea" about time is fairly accurate.

I have seen numerous posts about the estimated date passing, and the obvious disappointment associated with that, then 2 days or 2 weeks later  they are posting that it was finally approved.  So hang in there.  Try not to get discouraged if someone who filed after you gets approved before you.  You can expect it.

Well, moments after responding, I checked again, and the case showed as updated TODAY.  I logged on, went into Documents and saw "I-130 Approval".  

After sharing the news with my wife, I wanted to share this with you, hopefully to serve as encouragement that the information here has been far more realistic and encouraging than the hopeless despair of endlessly refreshing the USCIS user portal.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just here to report my approval!

PD: 4/14/22

SC: Pototmac

NOA1: 4/14/22

NOA2: 4/4/23

Approval: 4/6/23

The case status changed and when we checked the documents tab the I-130 approval was there.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I filed on 04/06/22 ---> transferred to Potomac SC

Noa 1 on 04/08/22

Active Review since 06/28/22

Last week the case status said estimated time for a decision was 1 week. I logged in today and it says 3 months. I will admit, I cried. I know it's all part of the process and we all have to go through it. But I'm an emotional softie. Anyone who says immigration is easy had never been through the process. 

Petition Filed: 04/06/2022
NOA1: 04/06/2022
Notice of Active Review: 06/28/2022
NOA2: 04/03/2023
NVC Case Created: 04/06/2023
NVC Documentality Qualified: 08/09/2023
NVC Scheduled appointment at Bucharest Embassy for 10/17/23

1 hour ago, Holly&Andreas said:

Hi everyone,

I filed on 04/06/22 ---> transferred to Potomac SC

Noa 1 on 04/08/22

Active Review since 06/28/22

Last week the case status said estimated time for a decision was 1 week. I logged in today and it says 3 months. I will admit, I cried. I know it's all part of the process and we all have to go through it. But I'm an emotional softie. Anyone who says immigration is easy had never been through the process. 

I just decided to ignore that tab completely as it seems it hasn't been accurate for anybody.  You should be getting relatively close though, looking at March & February filers.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

I just decided to ignore that tab completely as it seems it hasn't been accurate for anybody.  You should be getting relatively close though, looking at March & February filers.

I definitely hope that ends up being the case! I noticed the person who posted a status update above mine said theirs was approved March 6, and their petition was filed a week after mine. Same SC unless my case got transferred a second time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Approved! I logged in this morning and they approved us on April 3rd and sent our case to the NVC

So we filed and got NOA1 on 04/06/22 so it took just under a year for this stage. 

Timeline
On 3/28/2023 at 3:29 AM, JS & SQ said:

We filed online the I130 on April 2nd of 2022 , still no update nothing.. :( 

Mine was filed on 04/06/22 and I just logged in this morning and saw we were approved 04/03 so hopefully you'll see something soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.